Explanation of update to Rule #0 for consistency and clarity especially in regards to racism

Background Pony #B57F
@Princess Luna  
So let me get this straight: you are now completely in charge regarding this new rule, how it’s applied, whatever changes happen to this rule, and the final word on its existence, right? Well, if so, I would also like to know if you were also either single-handedly or chiefly responsible for this addition/change to rule #0.
Background Pony #940B
@numberxv  
It literally says “all cops” which heavily implies all cops, both good and bad, are the problem. That is, in essence, discrimination. It is like carpet bombing a village of civilians just cause of a single enemy soldier.
Background Pony #12B6
@Background Pony #940B

Indeed. Calling all cops as bastards is a generalization so it should enter into tge spectrum of rule 0. Some users here might work as police officers and might feel offended by that after all.
Background Pony #0CFF
@Princess Luna  
https://derpibooru.org/images/457970 right?  
It says “Poni gas” according to the image on alt-boorus, intent of it seems like a parody but i can see how it’d be taken the wrong way.

@Background Pony #12B6  
@Background Pony #940B  
The argument has been made ad nauseam and their stance is that “All cops are bastards” does not violate rule 0 because it’s attacking the profession, not the person, because the person can just choose not to be a cop.  
Which is utterly ridiculous, but given that several of the rule revisions seemed to be specifically done in order to get around people pointing out hypocritical keeping ACAB was when tightening rule 0, you’d be better off spending your energy somewhere more productive.
Background Pony #642B
@Background Pony #0CFF

That’s retarded. Then this would mean that saying “Gas all the Jews” isn’t a problem either because you can stop being a Jew; or “Catholics priests are all kiddy-diddlers,” because you can stop being a Catholic priest.
Background Pony #0CFF
@Background Pony #642B  
Remember that “Jew” is both a religion and ethnicity(?), you can stop being the former but not the latter.

People pointed that out, which is why they later revised the rule to specify “Personal characteristics.”  
“Being a cop is just a job, and you can just get another job.” is the argument.

@William Flutter  
You’re preaching to the choir, but i imagine the argument against that will be something along the lines of “The person doesn’t have to involve themselves when others attack their former profession.” or something.  
I’m tired of arguing, their course is set and no amount of it will change the minds of the people in charge, the number of ‘mistakes’ that keep happening and only get reversed after being called out only increases my apathy.
Background Pony #0CFF
@William Flutter  
Again, preaching to the choir.  
Even if it was just another job, calling someone a slur doesn’t exactly jive well with  
#0 Be excellent to each other
This is the most important rule.
MLP:FiM is about sharing, friendship, and understanding. Don’t drag the site down into flamewars and angst – keep it constructive and positive.
Do not post content whose only apparent purpose is inciting anger, arguments, or controversy. 
Do not harass others or try to incite violence against them. Harassment can include namecalling, slanderous speech, or other forms of abusive language.

At the end of the day every ‘cop’ is also a person.
Background Pony #0CFF
@William Flutter  
I’m slightly sleep deprived, sorry for any misunderstandings.  
Your posts seem to read as if you think that ACAB being allowed under rule 0 is dumb and hypocritical.  
I think that ACAB being allowed under rule 0 is dumb and hypocritical, i’m sharing my own experience arguing that point, hence my choir comment.  
“It’s just a job” was an argument i’ve received at some point during all this and it’s apparently the cut-off point regarding the mods decision-making.  
It’s not something i personally think.
Background Pony #1410
@Background Pony #0CFF  
With how much disagreement and objection the users have had to the ACAB situation, why doesn’t it fall under “Do not post content whose only apparent purpose is inciting anger, arguments, or controversy.” at this point? It’s just the left-leaning extremists who still want to be able to say that while limiting everyone else, and those bastards can just stop being left-leaning extremists trying to enforce double-standards since it’s not even a job.
William Flutter

Autobot
@Background Pony #0CFF  
Oh, I also believe that ACAB posts here are also dumb and hypocritical, if only cause I fall in the crowd of believing that if you go woke, you go broke, the fact that we Americans would be shit outta luck if the police force got defunded

and I had a family member that was once an officer before retiring and dying of old age
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #B57F  
I’m the main one directing things, but I do not control every aspect. Staff as a whole control what is and is not deleted, and had a large part in how the wording changed.

@Background Pony #0CFF  
Well sure, but it’s a bit of a stretch to say it ponifies someone rather than is for killing ponies, especially considering that the DA title and description heavily imply the latter, and I’d like to note that various (now deleted, including the anthro Twist executing antifa Twist one) edits of it all seem to take the idea that it’s a form of execution, not ponification.

@Background Pony #642B  
The thing is, you can renounce your faith as a Jew, but you’ll still be considered a Jew for ethnic and cultural reasons; there are a lot of Jewish atheists and similar these days. What’s really at issue is that you can’t really choose to be what your family situation molds you into, and you can’t really “leave” it in the eyes of others.  
Notably, this doesn’t really protect priests on the discrimination front, as that’s a career path, but do remember there’s a bit of a line on the harassment front in terms of harshness (like that Punk Rarity thing being too far), and it’s a lot harsher to accuse people of child molestation than to call them a rather tame insult of “bastard”.

@Background Pony #1410  
We’re not going to ban something just because people dislike it; it sounds like you’re asking for what I’ve heard is the worst of 4chan moderation (janitors deleting posts simply because most others in the thread don’t like them) to be Derpibooru’s policy, which would just be awful, with an enforced echo chamber.
Background Pony #AB73
@Princess Luna  
What do you mean? This is the most ironic post since that Patreon announcement.  
You’re literally deleting things just because the staff doesn’t like it with the most egregious example being claiming that obvious parody isn’t parody.
Background Pony #AB73
@Princess Luna  
Cute excuse. I haven’t heard that one before. And I totally don’t know about your political leanings and pages worth of posts defending the message of Chrysalis killing a pig in reference to ACAB.  
Just tell me how exactly two ponies dabbing is a serious call for racist action.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #71E3  
That image can be argued to be insulting towards especially the side that wanted all Nazi content gone; it was restored because that argument was found to be rather weak given the form of it.

@Background Pony #AB73  
Celebrating about the death of someone executed for their race seems pretty pro-racism to me, even if the form of celebration is often derided; do realize a lot of people dab nonironically.
Background Pony #AB73
@Princess Luna  
Seriously? First, that’s no way you expect anyone to believe that’s an unironic use of dabbing. It’s a clear joke. And second, it’s a griffon. You’d best be nuking the zebra supremacy tag, too, if fake races count.

And on that topic, gimme your feedback on 1661835. Seems open and shut racism to me and it’s not even using pony races.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread has devolved well away from useful information and discussion