Explanation of update to Rule #0 for consistency and clarity especially in regards to racism

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
In regards to deletions, I think there might be one that was done too hastily that will probably be restored. There are some other images being looked at right away, but I’m trying to make sure we prioritize the worst stuff.

I would like to remind people this thread is not a general complaining about moderation or questions thread. We have IRC and the Discord server if people have questions.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Princess Luna  
I happen to know a lot of people who have been censored for their opinion out of speaking in the discord server by this point. You cannot present this as a shield against criticism if you don’t accept criticism there as well, or at least not in this way. It places your actions and yourself and the modstaff above reproach, which is counter at best to any arguments you could potentially make that the staff care about what the community has to say.

If this is a place to discuss the rule#0 changes, then that must necessarily include complaining about the uneven enforcement of the rule as I’ve clarified countless times to no answer. I’m tempted to try my hand at the discord or IRC myself, but I’m a little wary as I’ve seen some unscrupulous things come out of both of them and I am struggling to believe I would even be responded to at this point, seeing as how every time I hit on a point I’m completely ignored.
Background Pony #12B6
@Princess Luna

Unfortunately, a lot of people on Discord has been noted to be silenced when trying to bring the themes around.  
In all honestly, I think it looks more like if the decition is set in stone and the staff doesn’t really understand the user’s feedback.  
As I can see, most people are not really happy with the rework of the rule so I think you should take that into account, or else this continuous riffs will keep going and less people are going to recognize your authority. There’s an old saying: “The easiest way to respect rules consist in making the rules respectable by themselves.”
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
Holocaust and Nazi propaganda (as in like, pictures of Nazi parades with ponies inserted)

So, would an image like this I presume be at risk? >>1487723 (deleted) While something like this not be, because it is clearly a more joking context, >>2365442

You said you were going after low quality imagery that counted as propaganda. Would these images, in spite of their joking context, be considered somewhere along the edge do to the presence of such things as “seige hail”? >>1977649 >>2337074 (deleted) >>2337074 (deleted) I’m just trying to get a sense of the edge cases.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
I opened a report because it’s pretty clear thanks to the similar downvotes that people are downvoting as the pictures arrive (you can even tell which waves happened when thanks to how far apart the difference in downvotes are)

I was told nothing was happening (clear lie or blissful ignorance?), Which is obviously untrue

Now the real question on everyone’s mind is: will the staff uphold the “whining about filterable content” rule as hard as they did during the BLM mess or are they gonna prove what we’ve all been knowing anyway? Cos the message I’m getting right now from the staff member who ‘helped’ me is “it’s ok that it’s being downvote spammed because they’re being downvoted as they arrive”
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
According to Derpy they are not using the tool and he had mistakenly thought they had removed it.

@Derpy Whooves  
[EDIT: I misspoke — I thought it had been removed, but one of the devs just told me the feature is still present in the code, but when it’s employed it is visible for the user who is force-filtered.]

My question is when does this tool come into force? At what level of downvoting?

Also, If this discussion is too off topic than may I make another thread for it?
Fingusa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ante Up
@CHurricane  
Yeah I am wondering that too, especially considering other pics with a similar topic/theme are still around. That one was actually pretty well-drawn and all.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
@CHurricane  
Yea, this is just getting ridiculous. When staff specifically said something that low quality and provocative was up for deletion, few people if any had issues with the wording, it was all about how staff would enforce it. Its exactly what I was worried about, an inconsistency in rules enforcement.
Background Pony #12B6
@CHurricane

Well, it was probably because of the message.  
Was really called for it? Not at all, the site is having problems regarding the fanbase but I don’t think it warranted a deletion.
CHurricane
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Devil's Advocate
@Datte-Before-Dawn

The wording of “Rule #0 - bait” is really bad in my opinion. The word “bait” would imply that it is about this part of rule 0:

“Do not post content whose only apparent purpose is inciting anger, arguments, or controversy.”

But if that picture is a sign of what is interpreted as being made only to incite anger then there are thousands of other images that should be gone from this site.(if rule enforcement is suposed to be consistent)
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
But if that picture is a sign of what is interpreted as being made only to incite anger then there are thousands of other images that should be gone from this site.

My concern with that is stuff like the chonicling of the Twilicorn drama. A lot of history could be lost if that is enforced broadly.
CHurricane
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Devil's Advocate
While i am already (again) invested in this thread i would also like to repeat one of my questions(that might have been accidentaly missed by staff) about rule 0 enforcement:

I reported this pic for breaking rule 0:
But my report was closed and picture is still up.
For me this picture is clearly inciting violence so i would like to hear an explanation why this picture is ok?

I would also like to point out that that pic (beside clearly inciting violence) is also clearly made to “incite anger, arguments, or controversy”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread has devolved well away from useful information and discussion