Viewing last 25 versions of post by Archonix in topic Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
"[@O. Hancock":](/forums/meta/topics/feature-suggestions-and-discussion?post_id=4808411#post_4808411
)  
The ability to post anon is one of the reasons this site is so successful, because it allows people a way to separate aspects of their activity here. Not everyone is comfortable showing their username on every comment or post they make. Removing that feature, even temporarily, because of a few bad actors would be disproportionately harming the majority of users with a legitimate use for it (especially given there are plenty of users who openly post the same sort of messages under their own username).

As an aside, another reason for the site's success is its relatively non-discriminate content policy. I personally feel that reactively changing that to cater to a temporary political issue would be damaging in the long term. But hey, that's just me.

E: and doesn't time make fools of us all.
Reason: goodbye
Edited by Archonix
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
"@O. Hancock":/forums/meta/topics/feature-suggestions-and-discussion?post_id=4808411#post_4808411
The ability to post anon is one of the reasons this site is so successful, because it allows people a way to separate aspects of their activity here. Not everyone is comfortable showing their username on every comment or post they make. Removing that feature, even temporarily, because of a few bad actors would be disproportionately harming the majority of users with a legitimate use for it (especially given there are plenty of users who openly post the same sort of messages under their own username).

As an aside, another reason for the site's success is its relatively non-discriminate content policy. I personally feel that reactively changing that to cater to a temporary political issue would be damaging in the long term. But hey, that's just me.
Reason: possession is nine tenths of the grammar
Edited by Archonix