Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@GenericArchangel  
I really like the idea of being able to lock “Anon or Self” on a thread by thread basis. We run into a lot of ’not sure if sockpuppeting” that turns out to just be “forgot the button”.
Jinx
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
How about a search tab in the PM section? That way you can search your PM for something specific. I would be using this function quite a lot as i have a running PMRP that spans now 7000-9000 posts. I lose track of some names or things that happen and i have to spend hours looking for something i cant find.

Another suggestion, allow us to un-hide a PM, as some of us have accidentally deleted a PM and cant get it back without asking staff. If it were implemented they could just be in a sort of “hidden folder” or something to that effect, or something like a hidden tab.

And once a conversation is hidden you wont get notifs for it anymore. Once unhidden you would “subscribe” to it just like a thread, just without the sub unsub option.
Fyrestar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lexi Fyrestar
Im sure this has been asked for a lot, but it would be really nice to be able to change pics/description after they r posted, it is annoying and confusing to ppl to repost the updated pic, request to merge and wait hours for it.

If there r concerns about if it could be abused just store revisions so mods could check these instead.
Fyrestar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lexi Fyrestar
@GenericArchangel  
i know, but u first have to post it as a new and then request this, it can take hours and meanwhile ppl get confused, maybe even think it just to bump. If it at least would be hidden with some special tag or something meanwhile.

Sometimes ppl spot several things so they have to do this all several times, idk any site where u cant change what u posted by urself, idk if this is a technical thing not existing or wanted for reasons i dont understand
Brokedownandmadeone
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
The reason behind users not being able to change the image after upload is because of abuse. (And several site-related things have been abused in the past.) The way I see it, the current method is fine as-is.  
If there’s an image you’ve made and uploaded that you’d like corrected, you can notify a mod, or upload the updated image and request a merge.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

YOU’RE NOT MY REAL DAD

They can at least wait until they see a mod posting somewhere before reporting a dupe upload, presumably it means someone will be watching the queue.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
YOU’RE NOT MY REAL DAD
They can at least wait until they see a mod posting somewhere before reporting a dupe upload, presumably it means someone will be watching the queue.

Nope.

Some staff members can’t do dupe reports, and some don’t do dupe reports.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@TexasUberAlles  
Or maybe we’re just hanging out on the site as fans and are not logged into the mod tools, or are already busy with something else. Use the report queues - they’re the fastest way to get the attention of whomever is logged in and working on stuff like that.

@cheezedoodle  
I know I don’t. Unless something weird is going on. Not my wheel house.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Some staff members can’t do dupe reports, and some don’t do dupe reports.

And no, we won’t say who because we don’t want to randomly be overloaded with dupes. We get enough as is, just report them when you see them and it’ll get done.
Jinx
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
How about a search tab in the PM section? That way you can search your PM for something specific. I would be using this function quite a lot as i have a running PMRP that spans now 7000-9000 posts. I lose track of some names or things that happen and i have to spend hours looking for something i cant find.
Another suggestion, allow us to un-hide a PM, as some of us have accidentally deleted a PM and cant get it back without asking staff. If it were implemented they could just be in a sort of “hidden folder” or something to that effect, or something like a hidden tab.
And once a conversation is hidden you wont get notifs for it anymore. Once unhidden you would “subscribe” to it just like a thread, just without the sub unsub option.

So uh, no answer?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide