Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

redhawk

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, as I’ve never been on the forums before, but I’d like to make the suggestion to be able to switch to the icons and yay/neigh/fav, I think it added personality, it works much better on my 3DS (It doesn’t load the icons, so I can only see boxes), and I prefer it in general.

It would be much appreciated if this was implemented.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
Having aquired a 3DS (or rather, 2DS) I can firsthand confirm that its internet capabilities are absolute and utter garbage. You are laughably insane if you think any website is going to completely cripple itself to be able to properly display itself on that shaky as fuck platform.
SunnySide
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <SunnySide> And how durable the buttholes are.

Why would anyone want to use a 3ds, or even a 2ds for internet browsing? I get mobile browsing, stupid enough that it is, but come on man. You can wait until you get home. You’re not going to go on a rampage.
Background Pony #2FF1
@trashboat  
You’re right. The DS browsers are only the second worst way to browse derpibooru. I tried to post this comment using Lynx, but apparently a lack of image or javascript support prevents me from posting comments.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

After we talked about image searches before, I realized that Chrome has a left-click option: “Search Google for this image”.

I wonder if it would be possible to create some script or whatever that does this but for Derpibooru only. I mean, it would technically have to do the same but for only one site? That’d have to be easy…right?
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
You guys need to be stricter about users tagging artists and adding sources.

Seriously.
Background Pony #2FF1
If an image needs to be replaced with a superior or updated copy, currently you have to use the standard upload system, copy the tags over, then report it as a dupe. In all this takes a few minutes, especially if you’re entering the tags in manually.

I suggest a “replace image” button beneath each image which streamlines this process. You give it a new file and possibly a reason for the substitution, and it copies the tags and submits the dupe report automatically. It would turn a 5 minute process into a 30 second one, and hopefully encourage more people to fix low quality images.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The Fluffiest
If an image needs to be replaced with a superior or updated copy, currently you have to use the standard upload system, copy the tags over, then report it as a dupe. In all this takes a few minutes, especially if you’re entering the tags in manually.
I suggest a “replace image” button beneath each image which streamlines this process. You give it a new file and possibly a reason for the substitution, and it copies the tags and submits the dupe report automatically. It would turn a 5 minute process into a 30 second one, and hopefully encourage more people to fix low quality images.

Because that doesn’t sound INSANELY easy to use to vandalize images. :T
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Background Pony  
>takes 5 minutes to post 1 pic

Anyway, the system used to allow you to update your own uploads, but the user base abused that so it was disabled.
Background Pony #2FF1
@Keith Mowz  
It would literally be a shortcut for uploading a second image and submitting a dupe report. Maybe I didn’t phrase it very well, but I explicitly did not ask for it to change the existing image.

Also, any feature which makes the site easier to use for legitimate users also makes it easier to use for vandals. The best way to prevent vandalism would be to shut down the entire site, but that would be stupid.
Background Pony #2FF1
@dt  
I swear you people have the reading comprehension of mildly dyslexic root vegetables.
Background Pony #5149
I have a new suggestion: How about different colors for different ratings?? Hmmm???
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide