Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@Etherchanter  
This makes sense (I know I went through the site a while back and added pagination stuff to the bottom of a lot of pages that used to only have it at the top).

@Vree  
The default is actually 15, which (I don’t have a monitor like that myself) probably fits real nicely on a 1680x1050 or maybe 1440x900. But yeah on anything but that it probably looks crap. It also doesn’t help that the default filter lets through a lot of garbage, but I can already see the bitching commence if we’d put something entirely sensible like a “minimum score = 0” for logged out users.

Personally I’d just do that and put it at 50 smallthumbs for logged out users, but eh. Actually, now that I think of it, didn’t someone mention a while back to raise that limit to 100?
moonwerewolf

I would like if it was away to add a special character in the filters. Mainly $, which would be used to include everything before and after it. Say I add this in my filter “Spoiler$” with my suggestion that would include any tag that start with “Spoiler” No matter what comes after the $ , or “$oc” which would include any tag that ends with “oc”.

My reason for it is to “automatically” hide, or add a spoiler warning to any episode/comic. But I don’t doubt it would have it uses elsewhere.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@dt  
I think this is listed as something they plan to do.

The idea is to extend the search syntax to filters. The issue is that the search syntax is actually very complex (as K_A will attest to - I won’t pretend to try and know enough to explain it, but basically it’s a language and there’s a lexer involved to parse that syntax into a set of query parameters). To recreate that client-side (and bear in mind we generally don’t do any server-side filtering any more, aside from hiding and spoilering things on list pages - and that’s 90% of why we’re no longer crashing every other day) is a very tall order. We’re looking at alternatives, though, but it’s down the pecking order. Sorting out a new upload process that addresses the deduplication problem and so on is what we’re working on now, along with addressing some technical backlogs in terms of upgrading library dependencies and so on.
nothingPromoted
Happy Celestia - For supporting the site
Princess Celestia - For supporting the site
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Silver Bit -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Has gone full anon
Just a few requests with the JSON API the site uses (assuming you are not already working on them or it has already been suggested)

I was wondering if the upvoted.json function could accept the q value as I want people to see the pony images I upvoted but only the ones tagged safe and I also noticed it provides a link to the full sized image but not the thumbnail and it seems like a waste of bandwidth (for everyone) to download the full-sized image only to have to shrink it using html

It also makes sense to have a parameter to specify what information you actually need, for example I only need the width, hight, url (for the thumb), source, uploader and link to its page on derpibooru to satisfy my wants and the terms of use

Thank you :)
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
Just a few requests with the JSON API the site uses (assuming you are not already working on them or it has already been suggested)
I was wondering if the upvoted.json function could accept the q value as I want people to see the pony images I upvoted but only the ones tagged safe and I also noticed it provides a link to the full sized image but not the thumbnail and it seems like a waste of bandwidth (for everyone) to download the full-sized image only to have to shrink it using html
It also makes sense to have a parameter to specify what information you actually need, for example I only need the width, hight, url (for the thumb), source, uploader and link to its page on derpibooru to satisfy my wants and the terms of use
Thank you :)

We’re working on ‘v3’ of our API (v2 is what the site currently uses for its frontend javascript, v1 is the append-json-to-URIs approach) which will sort out some of these sorts of use cases. That particular one’s an edge case we’d not considered, though. We’ll probably cover it by letting the search API restrict scope to upvotes for authenticated requests.
frinter

It would be a nice idea to give an option to download every art from an artist. It is really tiring to download arts one by one.
nothingPromoted
Happy Celestia - For supporting the site
Princess Celestia - For supporting the site
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Silver Bit -

Has gone full anon
@Clover the Clever  
Awesome Thankyou

Also it might be a good idea to make drama a mandatory tag and filter it by default because the comments don’t seem safe for a target audience user of this website, just a suggestion :).
Background Pony #5149
@Keith Mowz  
How about color differentiation for the ratings: Safe is blue: Suggestive is yellow, Questionable is purple, and Explicit is red
SunnySide
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <SunnySide> And how durable the buttholes are.

If I may make a suggestion regarding notifications, particularly notifications when subscribed to an entire sub-forum [Site and policy as a whole in one example]

When someone makes a new thread, would it be possible for there to be a link to said thread rather than looking for “Started by name” and matching the name to the notification?
SunnySide
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <SunnySide> And how durable the buttholes are.

@trashboat  
No you cannot.  
You can go to a thread that you’ve posted in.  
You cannot go to a new thread that’s been posted.  
It just shows that someone posted a new topic. There is no link to go to the topic.
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@SunnySide  
Can you be clearer? Because If you Look to the right of the Page numbers at the top of the General discussion page, There’s a subscribe button
Vargus
Duck - Here lies a dead duck

@Background Pony  
This guy is me, just so you guys know. I just would like to see ratings tags in different colors just like many countries put different labels on different rated movies or video games to differentiate each other.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide