Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

JustGoAway
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Responsible Disclosure - Hidden vote counts being revealed when voting

It's just pictures.
I hope I’m not late to the party with this, but, can I suggest that when viewing an image, the buttons for faves, upvotes, downvotes and comments could be colored with their distinct colors (yellow, green, red, violet) at least slightly, even when not pressed? As opposed to the default blue, I mean.

It would make it much easier to tell them apart at the first glance, since currently it requires giving them a good look to tell which numbers are for what. It’s especially visually confusing when I want to see how many upvotes and downvotes an image has.

EDIT: I see this has been addressed. I like this new change. :)
Masem
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

In light of some recent Rule #7 issues w.r.t. comment sections (in light of “Simple Ways”; see https://derpiboo.ru/meta/rule-7-violations-warnings-out-bannings-in ), I would suggest adding attention getting text above or below the comment entry section, either solely for those images tagged safe or otherwise for all images, as a reminder that comments should not exceed the rating set for the image. It might be annoying to frequent users but it is also a good reminder particularly when some of the issues with commentary on otherwise show-safe images from a specific episode might get out of hand.
barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

Since I am not sure everyone is subscribed to the whole forum, I’m linking a thread here: The Default filter  
It’s about making the logged-out website focus more on art (and less on memes/drama), and it’s happening soon. There might also be some changing names of current filters going on, so head over there if you want to see what’s likely going to change (see this post in particular) in the near future.
Background Pony #2627
Colors on the upvote and downvote arrows? Yes! We gettin’ all Crayola up in this bitch.
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@ZuTheSkunk  
Yep. Was a good suggestion. I toyed around with colors for a while, even had the whole button colored at some point, but then it became less/not distinguishable from when you’ve already voted. Eventually settled on this.

I like subtle things like this.

Also adding the mentioning of shippings to the taglist (which we want to expand at some point anyway: have tabs for NSFW tags etc) to the first post. It is a good suggestion that needs to be revisited in the future. In the meantime, what would be a good way to implement it? Like, how do people think the ships should be listed in the tagbox?
JustGoAway
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Responsible Disclosure - Hidden vote counts being revealed when voting

It's just pictures.
@barbeque  
It’s definitely a good solution, good work. :)

Regarding shipping tags, I believe the best - but probably not very easy to do - option would be being able to type in names of two characters and then have the system give us the commonly used tag for them (if there’s one).

And while we’re on the subject of tags, there are two types of tags I feel are missing: a tag for the anime style, and tags for specific characters giving blowjobs. For the second one, I would like to be able to filter out, for example, Rarity giving them, but since being able to simply filter combinations of tags is not an option…
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@ZuTheSkunk  
Well actually for shipping tags, there’s probably something we can do like, make a Ships: section and have at least a tab for each m6 character. We could codewise just find all tags that imply <character>,shipping and do something with that (maybe put the exact characters in a mouseover info when tag categories get worked on)

For example, the tab for TS could be like, listing ships that imply TS, ordered by alphabet or tagcount. The drawback is that you’d get duplicate entries across tabs (twishy would be in both TS and FS tab), plus there should probably be a BG tag or something that does this for any ship that doesn’t imply a many character.

Another option would be a matrix sort of thing, though I think that will lead to hardcoding very quickly. I think it’s something we just need to experiment with. See what works, see what doesn’t.

As for your second point: you would probably not be able to do that with filter combinations either. If a pic is tagged rarity, rainbow dash, blowjob then how is the filter supposed to know which of the two is giving it?
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@barbeque  
I know Clover wanted to redo the Upload page/workflow entirely. I guess it makes sense that when that happens you can hack up a much larger and complete quick-tag box thing.

For starters, not just shipping, but stuff that gets used often like “solo female”, “lesbian”, “sleeping”, “cute”, etc., and maybe an additional category of “recently popular” tags that don’t fall in the other sections (though I can see that filled up by such hilarious things as “cock vore”, so maybe not…).
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@The Smiling Pony  
Yes but the tagbox also shows up in other places, like Edit Tags or Source etc. where it’s useful if someone is uploading things as just “safe” again.

Plus the often-used tags you mentioned are really just somehow “important” tags, though even with tag categorization you probably want some way of sorting these manually into logical columns etc. I can (at least for the time being) hardcode stuff like that quite fast if someone actually gives me a comprehensive list of tags and tabs and stuff that follows the current format (10 entries per column or something etc). But I’m not going to find all those tags by myself.
Background Pony #5149
How does the Idea of having different color themes sound??  
Also, what do you think of making Ban messages visible to others, as in a User was banned for this post message on the offending post???
Wesley Foxx
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@trashboat  
Hence the ‘or something’. Private messages are by their nature not designed for multiple people to use them at the same time.

Other suggestions would be using an IRC or similar chat and creating a channel, which I’m fairly sure is free to do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide