Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

random thought:

Should we change “ask” auto tagging “tumblr”?  
I mean, they ARE tumblr, technically, but there is so much sh+t coming from tumblr these days that I suspect that many users are now filtering the tag.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@Vargus  
Every new theme is extra work for the devs and they’re already overworked. I don’t know how Derpi’s styles are defined (SASS/LESS/hand-written CSS), but if they use some template system then theoretically extra themes could be created. But it’s still significant amount of extra work.

Ponibooru had some themes (I think BigMax made one), because the site’s code was more or less frozen. But Derpibooru changes slightly almost daily (see that “changelog” link at the bottom?) and every time it changes, those extra themes would have to be checked. Ain’t nobody got time for that. The themes would quickly stop working.
Vargus
Duck - Here lies a dead duck

@JP  
@Vargus
Every new theme is extra work for the devs and they’re already overworked. I don’t know how Derpi’s styles are defined (SASS/LESS/hand-written CSS), but if they use some template system then theoretically extra themes could be created. But it’s still significant amount of extra work.
Ponibooru had some themes (I think BigMax made one), because the site’s code was more or less frozen. But Derpibooru changes slightly almost daily (see that “changelog” link at the bottom?) and every time it changes, those extra themes would have to be checked. Ain’t nobody got time for that. The themes would quickly stop working.

Thanks for clearing that up.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@Vargus  
You can create still create themes if you override the site’s styles with your own. It’s a lot of work and you’re on your own, don’t ask me how to do it.
BigMax
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@JP  
Yeah, the fact that Derpibooru is always changing (which is a good thing) always forbid me to create a user stylesheet, fearing that I couldn’t have the time to maintain it.  
Anyway, if you want to give it a try, download the Stylish extension for Firefox or Chrome and create a stylesheet for the domains depiboo.ru and derpibooru.org (pure CSS only), and if you want post them on userstyles.org.

The one I did for Ponibooru is named Ponibooru Azure (which wasn’t azure at all, actually XD).
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@The Smiling Pony  
Well I was going to say something akin to ‘don’t we have enough specific drama tags already?’ before reality kicked in and I remembered that that is what at least half of tumblr is about.

@Vree  
I think more people hide “drama” than they would hide “tumblr” as a tag.

On a slightly related note: at the start of the season, a big newspost was made about moderation on starting unnecessary drama in comments was going to get stricter. Can’t we just extend this to pics in general? Like, the rules already very strongly hint that if you’re uploading a text-only drama image, maybe it doesn’t just belong on an imageboard in the first place.
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@Grieffon  
Needs more checkerboard for transparent images:  
full  
Notice how it works on both white and dark backgrounds. One patch is actually a near-transparent white and the other a near-transparant black.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

On a slightly related note: at the start of the season, a big newspost was made about moderation on starting unnecessary drama in comments was going to get stricter. Can’t we just extend this to pics in general? Like, the rules already very strongly hint that if you’re uploading a text-only drama image, maybe it doesn’t just belong on an imageboard in the first place.

I am in favor of this. The rules should be enforced equally for both comments and images.
shyflutter
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Idea: “Top artists” list based on total amount of points at a given moment

@Grieffon  
I do, but I won’t be able to see if it changes because I set default dark gray background in Firefox anyway :p
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@shyflutter  
Bad idea imo. Artists with lots and lots of pictures will just get favored over ones with less. Something like average or median score is prone to abuse as well (new artist uploads something fantastic -> someone makes three shitty meme edits and it’s gone again)

We already have top scoring which is, no offense to the artists, 90% of the time just ‘big’ artist names. Sure, it isn’t bad art or anything, but if a relatively unknown artist gets pushed off the frontpage, it’ll probably never make it in there, whereas for a big artist it doesn’t really matter.

And what’s wrong with some good ol’ browsing anyway.
shyflutter
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Eh, I would be interested to see the ranking of artists, even if we know that JJ and megasweet are bound to take the first place. It can include a larger number of artists anyway, with the lowest threshold of 400 or 500 points for example. It would also allow me to find names that I see for the first time. Contrary to your argument, the “lesser” names may become more popular by being included on the list.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Since the mods are so fond of linking multiple sources, why not just have the ability to have more than one source? Then mod-editing the description wouldn’t be an issue since it would record who put in the alternate sources.
AIDS Kitten

So, the current display limit for thumbnails is set at fifty. Is there any chance of the limit being raised, like say to 1,000 maybe?

Also, what are the odds of having a single page option in the forums, for forum threads like this one that have twenty-three pages to click through?
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@soundtea  
Not if they include this infinity scroll coding. For mobile devices this is pretty popular. Don’t know how resourceful this would be, but basically it just loads a number of pictures at a time and if you scroll down it loads the next batch of images.

Otherwise it could be included in on of the unofficial upgrades from BORED.
Background Pony #3D54
Improve the API by adding feedback on the number of results returned for a given search query so I don’t need to perform a dumb binary search to find the last page. Also, some ways to interact with filters would be nice. Currently I can’t see any way to change the filter settings on an API client.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide