Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Element of Generosity -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Perhaps a notice on the “report an image” page to show if an image has already been reported? Might help with lessening duplicate reports and such.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Element of Generosity -

@dt  
I didn’t mean public. Just a “this image has been reported” or something. Like those “marked for duplicate” indicators you sometimes see on the main page.
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
Like I said, Messages should be marked as read after the Receiver looks at them, Not everyone has something to say after being messaged
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The Fluffiest
@Clover the Clever  
I don’t know if you made an exception for me, but the change also let me see stuff as far back as “about 4 days ago” and was greatly appreciated as I’ve been without internet access for about that long due to the flu and was seriously worried I was going to miss so many updates. Thanks <3
Background Pony #5149
How about these 4 suggestions:

-sound that happens when you get a Personal Message  
-allow users to upload apng, JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP images from hard drive or flash drive on computer in the comments of an image and the forums, not just from linking from another website.  
-option to block anonymous comments on uploads  
-expand capacity for avatar picture
Background Pony #5149
What’s with the damn guessing of the full-on identity of me?? (BTW, you are right)
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@Vargus  
You stated the “Comment image in your Hard drive” Thing In a thread I lurk, And You’re the only one I know who would suggest stuff like that
onepinksheep

How about these 4 suggestions:
-sound that happens when you get a Personal Message
-allow users to upload apng, JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP images from hard drive or flash drive on computer in the comments of an image and the forums, not just from linking from another website.
-option to block anonymous comments on uploads
-expand capacity for avatar picture

Of these four suggestions, the only one I might agree with is the first one, and only if it’s set to off by default. A Javascript notification popup might be better, but even that can get annoying pretty fast.

For the second, no. Very much no. The drivel that gets posted in the comments sometimes is bad enough, no need to have to upload it to PB’s servers, too.

Background Pony comments make the site go ‘round. Seriously, why disable one of the main features of an image board of this type?

Our avatar size is enough. I don’t want us to become like one of those boards with OMGhuge! avatars and shit. It’s unsightly and annoying.
barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

Our avatar size is enough. I don’t want us to become like one of those boards with OMGhuge! avatars and shit. It’s unsightly and annoying.
True this. I actually already run some Stylish that resizes avatars to I think 64x64 on the forums, since the 125x125 things take up way too much space if the reply is only one or two lines. No need to make them even huger imo.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

When I put the artist’s name in the search field (eg: artist:whatsherface), it automatically catches it if she is DNPed and tells me on the results page; I do not have to go checking the DNP list before new uploads, just a quick search for the artist’s name will do the same for me.
Background Pony #2FF1
Why not make the image description publicly editable? Currently it just seems to get used as a glorified comment by the uploader most of the time.
Vargus
Duck - Here lies a dead duck

@dt  
How about:

1. BMP support  
  2. increasing avatar limit by 100 pixels  
  3. a new board that is open to those with an account only, and therefore anon is not an option. Call it “mature discussion”, or “random”.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@dt
How about:
  1. BMP support
  2. increasing avatar limit by 100 pixels
  3. a new board that is open to those with an account only, and therefore anon is not an option. Call it “mature discussion”, or “random”.

1. will never happen - bitmap images are ‘raw’ images, similar to PSD, and we aren’t interested in that. We will only ever support compressed formats like PNG (which of course support lossless compression)

2. Not happening.

3. Not happening.
Background Pony #2FF1
@dt  
The image description is hardly a comment, despite the fact that it is frequently abused as one. Here’s a quote straight from the upload page:  
Optionally describe this image in plain words- this should be descriptive of the image, not your comments on the image (add a comment if you want to once you’ve posted). This isn’t a comment box. Only you as the uploader can edit this. This field, as with comments, is parsed with the Textile markup language.
To answer your question, comments shouldn’t be publicly editable because they serve the purpose of conveying a single person’s opinion. Making them publicly editable would turn them into (more of) a mess of trolling and shitposting.  
The image description seems to be intended to serve a purpose much more similar to the tags. It is there to give a textual description of the image, and possibly provide extra details such as links to alternate versions or extra information about the image. It should be publicly editable for the same reason tags are.
Vargus

1. Okay  
  2. There is no need to be against it. A pixel is simply a pixel  
  3. But why?? Some topics that don’t fit onto the other board are simply too risque for General discussion.
Background Pony #2FF1
@Vargus  
Why in Odin’s name would you ever use BMP format for anything, least of all web-hosted images? It produces huge file sizes, doesn’t support transparency, and has been superseded by dozens of superior lossless image formats. Even MS Paint running on Windows XP can save in PNG format, so you have no excuses for trying to upload raw BMP images to derpibooru.

Also there’s some irony in your repeated suggestions to limit anon posting given that you were posting anonymously not that long ago.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony  
The intention of the description box was mostly to copy paste words from the artist, or for an uploading artist to say something about the image. If something needs to be placed or changed in that box, just report the image and a mod will get to it.

@Vargus  
Forums should be about talking, not ego stroking over hugeass avatars.

What does having a no-anon board have to do with “risque discussions”? If you think named users are less likely to act like idiots, you’re very wrong.
Vargus

@The Smiling Pony  
Okay then. But why no option to make your faves page private(nobody except you and the administrators can see them). What is the big deal with allowing other regular users to see how big one likes Zecora’s breasts to be, or that you favorite a big chunk of the twicane memes, or that, say, you have all of terry’s drawings in your favorites??
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide