Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Pretty much anywhere that allows comment up/down voting turns into a relentlessly tedious drama sink almost immediately; most sites that use Disqus have it set to Upvotes Only for a reason, and even then any ~controversial~ topic gets legions of sockpuppet voting.
Rudy
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

@TexasUberAlles  
Ah, well. I didn’t think about that when I originally posted the comment. Fair point, though. I’d be a cool feature if it added something of value and people didn’t needlessly sockpuppet/troll it to death. ’Tis how it must be.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Not sure if this is the correct place, but how possible is it to have a winter theme set up? Like have snow particles falling across the screen or something?
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Dustcan  
If you do that, then please give us an OFF button so we can disable it. Having to listen to te CPU fan running at full speed while it’s desperately trying to animate all that cutesy snow in dozens of Derpi tabs isn’t going to be funny for very long.
PoniesRUs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I feel like the “Trending Images” section should be split up into separate categories based on which rating the images have. There could be sections for “Trending Safe Images”, “Trending Suggestive Images”, “Trending Questionable Images”, “Trending Explicit Images”, and so on and so forth. If you have a certain rating filtered, the category corresponding to that rating would be hidden.

The reason I’m suggesting this is because unless you’re using a SFW filter, the “Trending Images” section is almost always nothing but explicit images, and I think it’s unfair that SFW artists aren’t getting the publicity or attention they deserve.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
I feel like the “Trending Images” section should be split up into separate categories based on which rating the images have. There could be sections for “Trending Safe Images”, “Trending Suggestive Images”, “Trending Questionable Images”, “Trending Explicit Images”, and so on and so forth. If you have a certain rating filtered, the category corresponding to that rating would be hidden.
The reason I’m suggesting this is because unless you’re using a SFW filter, the “Trending Images” section is almost always nothing but explicit images, and I think it’s unfair that SFW artists aren’t getting the publicity or attention they deserve.

THIS!^
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
Pretty much anywhere that allows comment up/down voting turns into a relentlessly tedious drama sink almost immediately; most sites that use Disqus have it set to Upvotes Only for a reason, and even then any ~controversial~ topic gets legions of sockpuppet voting.

>Upvote but can’t downvote forum comments  
Maybe, but sockpuppeting can be blocked with the right know-how of coding
Background Pony #0D0A
i Have a suggestion: since i have plenty of watchers on my artist tag, i don’t have a way to communicate with them without uploading images only. It would be nice to have “announcements” in our profiles that also can be read in some part of the front page… like a “watched artists announcements” below the “watched images” or below the “recent comments” section. it could also be read in notifications as well.
mbeeston
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Azure Tenebrae
the featured imaged should not completely turn off the “hidden” filter, the “hidden” cover should still be over it if it’s filtered.
SuperSupermario24
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

fluffy sylveon
@mbeeston  
Huh? If I hide (not spoiler) one of the tags on the featured image, it gets covered up just fine.

Unless you’re referring to the “hide” button, in which case yeah, I agree; the “hide” button really should cover up the featured image.

As a workaround, though, you can filter by ID by putting the following line in your complex hide filter:  
id:1884110
Background Pony #2C2F
Not sure if this was requested before, but it would be nice to have the window for editing image descriptions be a bit larger than now by default:  
full
Roxor
Artist -

How about making filters apply to avatars?

Or if that’s too hard, an option to force the use of the generic avatars that normally only show if you haven’t set a custom image?

The latter would make things a bit less interesting, but also much less annoying, what with the lack of filter bypasses that would result.
Background Pony #8CFF
Why can’t avatars be made at least 75 pixels longer and wider? Please respond.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Roxor  
Avatars aren’t tagged, and don’t even have to follow rule #3, so filtering them isn’t exactly practical as the site has no idea what the avatar is.

@Background Pony #6288  
But why though? Avatar’s aren’t meant to be the focus of comments/posts/profiles/etc.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide