Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Background Pony #D807
@TexasUberAlles  
The topic is a proposed rule change. I’m explaining why I believe the proposal is unnecessary. You’re belittling anyone who disagrees with you.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Background Pony #7EF8  
Absolutely nothing you just said is accurate in any way, so no, your weak attempt to reframe a narrative that doesn’t suit you isn’t going anywhere. I lodged a complaint about Derpibooru’s rules specifically saying that racist shit isn’t allowed while in actual practice moderators regularly allow racist shitposts, and almost invariably at least one will step in to defend individual shitposts against any complaints; that was met with “Dur-hurr LOL snowflake” and “LOL just stop looking at racist shit”, and not a single scrap of either was about the actual issue being raised.
Background Pony #D807
@TexasUberAlles  
Fortunately for me, you don’t get to decide what’s on topic or not.

I’ve made my argument, though what it ultimately boils down to is that your interpretation of rule 0 is radically different than the mods’ interpretation, which is the only one that really matters.

Now, since you likely can’t resist continuing to belittle me for holding a different point of view on this matter, I’m going to go back to browsing cool art.
TexasUberAlles
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Speaking of Repetition as a basic advertising technique, this still needs to actually be addressed instead of sidestepped and Previous Paged.

@TexasUberAlles
full
If y’all are going to let racist channer horseshit like Humanized Rainbow Dash saying “I’m not a nigger” go undeleted, please change the second bullet point to reflect the fact that “posting similarly abusive content” is totally cool.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@TexasUberAlles  
A character in a work of art uttering a racial slur does not automatically or even necessarily break Rule #0.

As a booru, we host many images that some of us disagree with and would prefer to not host. But we are capturing a snap-shot of the fanart that is being created by fan artists during this, and hopefully all, MLP generations. And this artwork is highly representative of a particular kind of fan.

Please filter it if the content offends you. That’s what I do.

@saby  
If you think that we should not host such images, if you feel that these kinds of images are not representative of what this generation of fans is creating in terms of fanart, then Saby is giving you good advice - please create a new thread to propose the change you would like in this forum.

Personally, rather than starting with images that might arguably have some cultural significance, however satirical they might be, I personally would start with all of the “raping dead bodies” and political shitposts, and all of the fluffy abuse images.

But, again - those are representative of what that segment of the fandom is creating. They’re a part of this fandom’s history, as ugly as it may seem to me.
TexasUberAlles

@Derpy Whooves  
Then change the site rules to reflect that, because right now you have rules laid out which you are absolutely and incontestably not following.

If you’re going to let this place turn into 4chan Lite for ~~freeze peach~~ reasons, don’t try to pretend that any sort of moral or ethical standards are being applied to uploads aside from lolicon images that might draw criminal charges where the servers are hosted; have enough basic honesty to just admit that you’ll let any kind of worthless bigoted shitpost image get posted here as long as it’s only attacking an entire race of people instead of an individual, and Rule #0 only applies (occasionally, at that) to comments.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@TexasUberAlles  
Rules had a rewrite some time ago and the old “rule #5” got cut up and half-dumped into #0 and something got missed. Used to be clearly stated that offensive content like that in question now was allowed if there was artistic merit (ie. not an edit or MSPaint doodle). The spirit of that is still carried on even if it got lost in the rewrite.

I can raise it with the others.

Would be nice if you could, for once, tone down the hyperbole. It’s tiring.
Background Pony #ED0A
Could there be a way to whitelist specific images? I’m not crazy about having to use a complex filter for every artist/oc tag I hide just to exclude DB collabs and other special pictures.
Background Pony #ED0A
@The Smiling Pony  
Thanks but I wasn’t asking about how to do it. I was asking for a more convenient way to whitelist ids than to add all desired ids as exclusions to complex filter lines of all the artist/oc tags I filter.
Background Pony #0F89
A way to give titles to portions of a complex spoiler rule. i.e. Single tags spoilered normally say what they are on a spoilered thumbnail, but the whole of a complex spoiler just says “(Complex Filter)”; instead I could have one line of the complex spoiler put “Stuff I don’t like” on the thumbnail when it evaluates true, and another line put “Haven’t watched this episode yet”, etc.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
@Background Pony #5FB3  
Well, yeah, but what other specific types of special pictures do you want shown? They usually (not always) have a particular tag or set of tags that defines them reasonably well. So you can kind of play “tag golf”, figuring out which minimal set of tags is enough to reliably pick out the ones you want.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
“tag golf”

Damn it, now I want to make a discord bot that lets people play derpibooru tag golf…

Perhaps the main restriction is you aren’t allowed to use ID: or any of the hash searches.
Wellwater

Just a flurry of H₂O
“tag golf”
Damn it, now I want to make a discord bot that lets people play derpibooru tag golf…
Perhaps the main restriction is you aren’t allowed to use ID: or any of the hash searches.

It does seem like a rather logical extrapolation from code golf and regex golf, doesn’t it? I guess you’d start with e.g. a random page of images, pick their IDs out and post those along with a screenshot (of a search for those IDs sorted by upload) so it’s easier to see if you’ve got the right results.

Could also work as a forum game here, I expect.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Wellwater  
Hrmm, my thought would be:

Bot grabs a safe image, color shifts it just a little (to stop reverse searching). Users have to find it as quickly as possible (DMing their search string to the bot).

Award for first to find the image and award for shortest search string that brings it up in a 24-image search.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
I forget if I already posted this Pinkie Pie in the sky suggestion. It would be nice if all the versions of an image could be linked into some master post that can be condensed. What prompted this is that my watched page just got flooded by about 20 edits of the same image, just with one edit for each combination of fetishes.

Perhaps the “root” image of the set could be the one with the rating closest to safe and the fewest fetish-related tags and the list of alternates would then be tag-diffed against the currently-displayed image.

Think something like safe -> questionable or -underhoof +hands
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Damaged  
I’ll try that out. The only reservations I have with that solution are:

1. If all the versions are tagged alternate version, then none of them will be in my watched list  
  2. The original image may not have the alternates linked in the description, so I wouldn’t see the alternates I was interested in unless I already knew there were more to look for.
Background Pony #D47B
Any chance you guys could add tag autocomplete to the search bar? There are many times I don’t remember a tag or an artists full name. I think it would be very useful.
Jinx
Economist -
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
Re-implemet the old search method for the forums. This new stuff is complicated as hell, and i need to find old posts regularly for character sheets and otherwise. If youre dead set, you could do it with now both search systems the new and the old.

Either that or make a tutorial.
TexasUberAlles

Is it possible to have some kind of “Sorry, this image has already been uploaded but is spoilered/hidden by your current filter” message to replace the cryptic “Image orig sha512 hash has already been taken” which currently results? ‘Cuz that’s, uh, not really helpful vis-à-vis trying to figure out why repeated upload attempts are failing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide