Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Background Pony #94E0
@Wellwater  
I’m talking about the users not artists. It’s easy to find art from an artist. But not as easy to find the posts of a user. Sometimes a user uploads an edit of an art piece that he didn’t create. The only thing we can use to find the user is either putting their uploads in a gallery to find later or somehow remember their ID number.  
This makes it difficult to find edited screencaps for instance.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
It would be good to have the notification bell only show replies to your comment not to other people discussing something else on the same thread. Deviantart and Youtube might be a useful models for how a new notification system can work. I know you’re working on it and I can’t wait to see it.

Also have an archive of people that replied to your comment so you can come respond to them even after a long time.
Background Pony #0F89
Quite surprised I couldn’t find anything like this in the thread:

It’d be nice if the reverse search interface was embedded and integrated on the new image UI, at least for fetched images (if there was a way to cache an uploaded file so it wouldn’t have to upload twice, that’d be cool too.) As it is now, going to a separate page, pasting the URL again, clicking extra times…it could be much more streamlined. Running a reverse search when you click “fetch” on the new image UI and showing results inline would be great.

I think reverse search could be enhanced by also automatically running a source_url non-image-based search. True that for sites like Twitter and Tumblr where one URL can have multiple images this could include false positives (unless the site began saving which one out of a group of images was selected for uploading), or if an image was modified at some point in time, but that’s why it displays results for further human interaction, in any case.

This could further be enhanced for known patterns on major sites: for example, twitter.com/[any valid username string]/status/[status ID here]*(a variety of extra strings could be here)* resolves to the same content.

https://twitter.com/notDerpiLOL/status/1252456916997021697/photo/1 equals https://mobile.twitter.com/Derpibooru/status/1252456916997021697?s=20 for the purposes of reverse lookup.

deviantArt and Tumblr have similar partially-static, partially-mutable URLs. I would guess that this is already handled within whatever library(s) are used for fetching, though it might be done internally and not exposed…

I’m no computer scientist so I can’t promise these always work or are safe:  
(?<=^(https?:\/\/)?([^/\\]*?\.)?twitter.com\/\w{1,15}\/status\/)\d+  
(?<=^(https?:\/\/)?([^/\\]*?\.)?deviantart.com\/[\/\w-]+)\d+(?=[\?\/#]|$)  
(?<=^(https?:\/\/)?([^/\\]*?\.)?tumblr.com\/(post|image)\/)\d+(?=[\?\/#]|$)

For that matter, the site could resolve redirects, such as through t.co, fav.me, or in the case mentioned above where some other Twitter username is in the URL (aside from just messing around, this also can happen if someone changes their account name - old links will redirect).

Super extra credit for comparing related URLs like the twimg.com direct image URL from Twitter posts.
Background Pony #0F89
Could file size be a searchable field?

Not sure when this got implemented - I just noticed it - but thanks!

Slightly related idea: how about file size of the thumbnail, and/or a setting to defer loading animated thumbnails until clicked (initially showing preferably a static thumbnail, or if too much extra work for the server, a spoiler-style placeholder)?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
This is something I’ve noticed too and has bothered me quite a bit.

Something similar that I feel might have been removed with Philomena is including the forum post title in forum searches. Right now, I just see the posts themselves when searching and don’t have the context of the title, nor can I ctrl-f topics within the search page.
ADHDsDream²
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Smol
Add an additional filter or flip artists commission status from open to closed based off of art or site activity to help find active artists from commission tab?

Sometimes I’ll be going through there to find someone new to commission and at least every other artist I peek at, their last artwork is over a year ago or they don’t log-on here to check their messages.

Maybe if they haven’t uploaded an artwork or logged onto the booru for over three months, their availability status should automatically get flipped to closed? Or add an additional filter that’ll look for artists based off of their last upload date? This would be quite epic.
Background Pony #94E0
I would like to be able to easily tag anonymously by pressing a check box just like you do for comments
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #94E0  
I’m close to 100% certain the requirement to log out for anonymous tagging is a fully intentional feature.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Please oh please, allow a forum topic’s creator to change the topic’s name. Sometimes we want to phrase our title better.

Can’t mods change the topic title for you if you report it and ask for it? Letting users to rename their topics (at least after some time) sounds a bit, let’s say, mess-prone.
Background Pony #94E0
@TexasUberAlles  
Curses! Foiled again! I will vandalize everything one day!!! Including this very multiuniverse, muahahaha!

Ahem

Seriously though, I didn’t know about people abusing tagging like that. I take back my suggestion.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Is it intentional for the comment creation rate limit to delete the comment you attempt to submit and do a full refresh of the page to display its error banner?
ElusiveDelight

The Clopper
A neiche feature I would greatly apreciate is the ability to group search for OCs from a particualr artist. A tag Something like “OC of artist:blahblah” which will then display every image tagged with at least one OC from a list selected by the artist.

The goal of this is that if an artist has multiple OCs and also likes other artists to draw them, this would make searching up the collective ‘family’ of that artists OCs much easier.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@ElusiveDelight  
Like this?  
OC of artist:heretichesh
oc:callista
oc:red pill

OC of artist:shinodage
oc:apogee
oc:delta vee
oc:diamond gavel
oc:houston
oc:nurse bonesaw

OC of artist:the-minuscule-task
oc:cam
oc:cherry fizz
oc:chrysanthemum
oc:eastern rise
oc:fuzzy pone
oc:ipomoea
oc:naremore
oc:osmanthi
oc:silky weave
oc:sketch
oc:sunny season
oc:torch glow
oc:treasure key
oc:trident stride
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide