Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Background Pony #2A5F
When I try to start a new thread, but there is an error posting it, please do not empty the post body field. The post content should be preserved and still present in the relevant field. Same for the title. It’s not fun to retype everything.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
Considering the insanity that is manually badging participants of events.

I don’t know how the badge system works, but wouldn’t it be possible to set an empty dummy badge that doesn’t show up on your profile or next to your name, so staff volunteers could flag users for an event badge in secret, and then set the real badge for that flag, so it would show up on everyone at once?

I think this would help prevent massive badge-a-thons after events (poor poor Milg) by enabling pre-deadline badging, and quell unrest in those users who don’t know how much work the badging is, and who see other people having that badge already.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@saby  
It’s been done in the past by just compiling a list of users and mass-assigning the badge with a script. I guess that wasn’t done this time.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@Rennac  
What sort of analytics do you need? You can already extract a lot of statistics from the public database dumps.
Background Pony #2A5F
@byte[]  
The user can still decide to use the clearweb version. The redirects are only automatic when the browser is set to always redirect. Otherwise user just gets prompted.

EDIT: to clarify, this is about an onion-location HTTP header or HTML meta tag. It’s not about a regular redirect.
Rennac
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@JP  
Trying to dig up some data on the use of a particular tag over several months. Ideally something to either prove or disprove the rise of extremist content. Know Derpi has tried to address the issue, but still think seeing the data and being able to point to it would help.
Background Pony #94E0
In the Badges Descriptions thread, with the “Notoriously Divine Tagger” badge, you should specify a prerequistite minimum number of uploads needed in order to earn the badge. It might be good to know especially for newcomers who don’t know what is considered a substantial amount of uploads. To newcomers they might think 8 uploads is a good enough number. So give a concrete requirement.
UTTFISH'S
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Buttweys
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Un*belly*vable!
The commissions directory lists a lot of long-inactive artists’ commissions as open despite them having left the fandom years ago or otherwise not having posted any images, comments, votes etc to the site in a long time.

So I ask, could there be an additional search/filter criterion for artists who have commissions listed as open and whose user accounts have been active in the last 12 or so months? (considering this is publicly viewable on each user’s individual derpibooru profile)
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
New users (and sometimes old users, too) often seem to have trouble with image embeds. The most common mistakes I see again and again are people trying to embed !non-image-urls!, putting derpicdn urls in there instead of just using >>embeds, trying to embed booru images using !12345! or trying stuff like >>image-urlt for embeds.

I suggest rewording the syntax quick reference a bit and adding a new button specifically for booru embeds.

Here’s a possible version:  
full

• By pulling the no parse up, it reserves the collapsed area fully for links and images and allows us to actually put that on the button, because I feel like many users making those mistakes never actually clicked on the … to read everything.  
  • Explicitly calling it “Derpibooru images” (or a general “Booru images” for upstream) instead of just “Images” makes it clear that >> is only for images hosted on the booru.  
  • Adding the .jpg and .png extensions to the external image url examples helps preventing people from using non-image urls  
  • Finally, the bold text now reminds users that they can resizes >> embeds if they missed it above.

In the toolbar, the >> button (I couldn’t find a fitting fa icon for it) would ask for an image id (or maybe any image page/url to automatically extract the id) and return it with >> added in front. Not sure if the input popup could also contain a choice to put t|p|s behind it, else there could just be a note to the user to manually put it there if desired. The current “insert image” button tooltip would be renamed to “insert external image”.
Background Pony #D404
I actually have a bunch of them:

Have a button (like in Settings or something) that makes it so you can set spoilers visible, similar to TV Tropes.

Make it so that you are able to disable auto-play altogether, or at least set it to mute automatically.

Change the thread style so that it’s similar to what Reddit and Twitter have.
radpanic
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
Have a button (like in Settings or something) that makes it so you can set spoilers visible, similar to TV Tropes.

I don’t know how the mobile version of the site handles it, but on desktop, there’s a dropdown menu in the upper right corner to control exactly that. You can turn spoilers off for the entire site, or set them to disappear when you click on them, or disappear when you hover your mouse over them.

You just have to make an account and be logged in to use that feature.
Background Pony #2A5F
@Yoshimon1  
It should be possible to detect a derpicdn URI and extract the image number from it. Then we could automatically fix internal images linked using external image format.
Simple Sample
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Spitfire Enthusiast
Hey I would like an additional alias for Spitfire to be added. I have seen a lot of people call her “Spib” for some reason, so it would be nice to have it as an alias for when you search for her tag.
PawelS
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
I don’t know it it was already suggested, but I’d like to have a “neutral vote” option, to indicate that I’ve seen the image and have no strong feelings about it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide