Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Awkward Segway
Babysitter Trixie - For Patreon supporters
Twilight Sparkle - For Patreon supporters
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Patron
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

OG Pippsqueak
One suggestion that would be very helpful for me if implemented would be to either get rid of the minimum limit of images per page in Display Settings, or lower it to 12. I usually browse Derpibooru on my smaller, side monitor, and 12 is the optimal amount of images for that (two rows of six images).

I set it to 12 before the minimum limit of 15 was added, so I still have it as 12, but I can’t change any other settings since it says I have to change it to be no less than 15 when I try to save my settings.
Background Pony #8601
Any way of saving comments? Kind of like what you do when you upvote images (It gets saved on a upvotes folder), it would be nice if you could save an explanation of a mod, a headcanon of someone or anything you wish to save and don’t want it to be lost in the endless stream of messages that keep coming (Especially on threads). It would also be helpful if you want to save a comment that you can’t report due to the report limit thingy. (Something I’ve heard a lot)

By the way, I have to say I’m interested on the 12h free ban chance; my friend would surely love to participate xD.
LeaveTheBronx
Artist -

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!
A suggestion i have is to make it so that spoiling/hiding one tag automatically spoils/hides anything implied by that tag.

Like, if you spoiled the “applecest” tag, it should auto-spoil the “incest” tag.

Or if you hid the “gore” tag, then it should auto-hide the “grotesque” tag.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@LeaveTheBronx  
That would probably cause more trouble than it would save.

You would filter out a shipping that grinds your gears particularly bad, and would end up also filtering out each involved character, and the orientation tag too. Or filter out “hyper breasts”, and also “impossibly large”, “huge”, and “big breasts”.
Sff
Inspiration Manifestation - For Patreon supporters
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Bit -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Happy Derpy! -

What does it mean?!?
It’d be great if you could change the spoiler image behaviour on mobile (doesn’t even show up when requesting the desktop version), or better yet if it switched to a local setting so you could have one behaviour on mobile and another on desktop.
LeaveTheBronx
Artist -

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!
@saby  
i went back to the drawing board and came up with this: how bout we make it a drop-down setting? i’m going to use the flutterdash tag as an example  
“Yes” = auto-spoils/auto-hides the tags implied by ‘flutterdash’  
“Prompt me” = ‘Do you want to also hide/spoil the tags implied (female, fluttershy, rainbow dash, lesbian, shipping)?’ with buttons saying ‘yes’ and ‘no’  
“No” = doesn’t auto-spoil/auto-hide the tags implied by ‘flutterdash’

The default would be “no”
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@LeaveTheBronx  
I really can’t see why you’d ever want to turn on that functionality. It goes directly against the definition of implication and is basically unusable outside of some edge cases.

If you want to stay with the Flutterdash example (or any other ship involving a female character, for that matter), hiding/spoilering the implied female alone would affect over 1.3 million images featuring a female character regardless of context. That’s over half of the images on the booru. Because of a single ship between two specific characters.

If you want to use a feature like that only for tags that imply a single, small(-ish) tag, then just manually hide/spoiler that tag and you’re done. Like, going back to your original post, just hide/spoiler incest and you don’t even have to do anything about applecest anymore, since all the images with it are hidden/spoilered due to the implication anyway.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

The Do Not Post list has too many pages to quickly find names. I request that all DNP artists be listed on a single page to allow for both quick browsing and a CTRL F search.
LeaveTheBronx
Artist -

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!
(yay another stupid suggestion from yours truly)  
You know how Archive Of Our Own gives you the ability to orphan a work, i.e. making a work dissociated from you?

How about something similar? We can make it so that, if a person is really sure that they don’t want an artwork associated with them, but don’t want it gone from the site entirely, they can orphan it.

Orphaning an artwork makes it so that the original poster (herein referred to as OP) is changed to Background Pony (anon) and the comments made by the OP are changed to appear anon as well. If the OP of the picture was the artist, then orphaning it removes the artist tag. It will also remove the source, unless it was Derpibooru exclusive. Only the OP can request an upload to be orphaned, so as to prevent abuse.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Artists can already do that by contacting a mod and asking for an image to be deleted, then re-up it as a BP later if they want. Uploaders who aren’t the artist seem unlikely to get such consideration.
LeaveTheBronx
Artist -

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!
@TexasUberAlles  
It’d make it so that if the OP wasn’t the artist, they’d at least have a way to distance themselves from the art if, say, the OP accidentally started a war in the comments. Plus it’d eliminate the whole process (i’m not saying it’s a hassle, though it might be) of having to contact a mod to take it down, then re-up it later.
Background Pony #0A45
@LeaveTheBronx  
A long time ago it used to be possible for users to anon or deanon the uploader field on their images but the feature was removed. Not sure if it’s possible for the mods to switch the uploader anonymity on the current engine.
Rexton the III
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks -

One artist, two tags
I’ve asked for this before, but might as well try one more time.

Could we have the option to hide an upload from appearing on the front page? When one goes to post a particularly squicky fetish pic, it’s always luck of the draw how long it sticks around on the front page and how many people are going to see it. And no, filters aren’t the answer since people don’t. It sucks an incredible fat one when you post something you know 99% of people are going to hate, but you have no option other than to force it on the world.

With the way it currently works, I have to tiptoe around posting certain things, hoping someone will flood the front page with EQG screencaps or some other crap so it gets flushed away before too many people have the chance to see it. You know, the reverse of what one would usually want.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide