Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #2A5F  
For a browser, this is fairly straightfoward with an open websocket (something philomena can easily support).

The logistics change for mobile devices, though, as delivering messages to them generally requires integration with Firebase (the only provider that can do this, as far as I know).

As convenient as it might make things, I also have an internal resistance to developing features that make this site more addicting to use, and push notifications would probably be one of those things. Additionally, considering how underdeveloped notifications are in general here, it might not be the best idea to add them right now.
Background Pony #2C2F
Can there please be a new tab here called “Custom” where you can add your own tags to quickly add to the image? I love this feature, but most of the tags here (especially the episode ones) aren’t really used as much now, so a way to add your own personally used tags would be nice.  
full
Background Pony #8601
Ability to edit PMs just like with forum posts and comments? I’ve had way too many embarrassing situations where either I somehow type a image code wrong, do an horrible grammatical error or simply the message gets double (And even triple) posted.
Sff
Inspiration Manifestation - For Patreon supporters
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Bit -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Happy Derpy! -

What does it mean?!?
@TexasUberAlles  
I’m assuming just like with comments and forum posts, edit history would be public, so shouldn’t really be something that encourages shittiness in pm’s more than now.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

I dunno if Derpi changed something or if Firefox’s latest bullshit-UI-change-for-absolutely-no-reason has changed how the site appears, but the “☐Anonymous” option is way too close to the [Post] button now.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@JP  
Well, I’m not really sure on whether there’ve were any UI changes that far back, but in the last couple months at least there haven’t been any.
Background Pony #84AC
I suggest the ability to hide a full page of posts you do not want to see with one widget. This makes it so I do not see them again when browsing for different posts.
Background Pony #0F89
Tags that represent facts about posts should become automated. For example, high res and absurd res have a pure pixel-count criteria; file formats like gif, non-animated gif (and animated itself) are exposed through MIME types and duration (since “animated” is present in the API but not exposed as a searchable field from what I can tell.)

These traits are tagged AFAIK because they didn’t used to be searchable, but have since been added - and remain in use for the sake of people who aren’t so search-savvy and for ease of use in filters.

It’d also be neat if sound and no sound could be automated for WEBMs - though it’d need to check not only whether the file has an audio component, but also if a file has an audio component that’s silent all the way through.

@Heckfy Improver  
That’s the sort of thing to discuss in the tagging forum - and, for characters with widely popular alternate names (bon bon/sweetie drops is another example) the names imply each other, rather than being aliased, so both names are present in the tags.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@PUBLIQclopAccountant  
Not sure a native feature would be the best solution; afaik there are already browser extensions that do this for any site, and I’d imagine that if procrastinating on derpi is an issue, it’ll also be an issue on others…
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
Images removed due to anti-nazi DNP should not appear anywhere on the site except to moderators. Currently they appear in tag history, I believe they should only appear to staff in these few locations. Note that this only applies to anti-nazi DNP requests, which is any artist who issued a full takedown request and all their art removed starting from Dilarius.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Wiimeiser  
Deleted images appearing as “entries” for things like tag changes, duplicate reports, user’s report queue, and a few other places has been a thing for years, regardless of the reason for deletion.

Or are you saying that the images themselves are accessible?
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@The Smiling Pony  
The images themselves are still deleted (In fact, of all the artist tags that would be affected by this change, only two are visible to me as far as I’m aware). I’m just saying these images in particular shouldn’t be visible, at least not in tag/source changes and other public places, given that these users wish to not be associated with the site in any way due to last year’s drama.
catachromatic
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

The implied tags listed under a tag’s page should be sorted either alphabetically or by the number of images. As it is now it’s hard to parse quickly.

@Background Pony #2C2F  
Can there please be a new tab here called “Custom” where you can add your own tags to quickly add to the image? I love this feature, but most of the tags here (especially the episode ones) aren’t really used as much now, so a way to add your own personally used tags would be nice.
full

Seconded. This would be really useful. Right now I have a document that I copy-paste my most common tags from but having them clickable would be nice.

@Background Pony #0F89  
Tags that represent facts about posts should become automated. For example, high res and absurd res have a pure pixel-count criteria; file formats like gif, non-animated gif (and animated itself) are exposed through MIME types and duration (since “animated” is present in the API but not exposed as a searchable field from what I can tell.)
These traits are tagged AFAIK because they didn’t used to be searchable, but have since been added - and remain in use for the sake of people who aren’t so search-savvy and for ease of use in filters.
It’d also be neat if sound and no sound could be automated for WEBMs - though it’d need to check not only whether the file has an audio component, but also if a file has an audio component that’s silent all the way through.
@Heckfy Improver
That’s the sort of thing to discuss in the tagging forum - and, for characters with widely popular alternate names (bon bon/sweetie drops is another example) the names imply each other, rather than being aliased, so both names are present in the tags.

Needs more jpeg might be able to be tagged that way too by reading the compression level.
Markiz93
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Proud of being Polish
I wish we could know, which uploads got deleted, because we got no notifications. I lost some images for unknown reason. I only get a notification when someone merge one image to another.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score

Tumblr– always a great online platform to emulate!– added an automatic “user is online/user has been online in the last hour” creeping feature a while back, and within less than a day a post from a horrified stalking victim about how to disable it had over 150,000 reblogs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide