Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Terton
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Barghest Best Girl
Has there been any thought about moving the “About Me” section on profiles to be above the badges section? Feel like it would be better higher up, given how some badge sections can get a little absurd in how long they’re getting.
Heckfy Improver
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Brony Adept from Russia
There is “i can’t believe it’s not hasbro studios” tag, that actually means simply “show accurate”. I guess it should be merged as aliases.
Background Pony #0F89
To have suggestions/autocomplete in the search bar has been previously decided against on the grounds that tags themselves don’t have ratings and inappropriate tags would get shown to anyone - which can already happen if someone goes to edit tags on an image, but the search bar is much more forward-facing and widely used.
Don’t know why it didn’t occur to me until just now - having that feature be opt-in (whether purely local like display settings, or requiring an account) should take care of that, right?
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #0F89
It should pretty much be possible now that tag suggestions are filtered. However it needs a bit of change to how the client search parser works (to extract the term at the cursor position and handle incomplete queries).
Background Pony #2A5F
@byte[]
Oh, so tag suggestions are filtered now? That would explain why some tag suggestions have stopped appearing. Where should we report incorrectly filtered tag suggestions? Some reports are in the General Tag Discussion thread.
Background Pony #2A5F
@byte[]
I don’t know what’s the minimum image count, but shackles has 2051 images, and alternate version has 58851 images. They are not in my filter either. They only appear in the suggestions after unfiltering is enabled.
I’ve found more tags which should’ve been suggested, but weren’t. Sadly, I don’t remember which ones they were. If I encounter them in the future, where should I report them? Should I just create new threads for these reports?
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #2A5F
Tag completions are not filtered by the terms directly in your filter; they are filtered by a small list of associations of tags (e.g., if a tag associates >50% with a filtered tag with more images, don’t show it in suggestions). Try completing “ball” with Everything vs. Default to see the effect of that.
Background Pony #2A5F
@byte[]
Oh, so that’s because >50% of “shackles” and “alternate version” images are explicit. I guess this system is not ideal, but the best alternative to categorizing tags manually. Though maybe raising the “50%” cutoff would yield better results?
Thanks for the implementation info. Perhaps it should be documented in the description of the “unfilter tag suggestions” option? Because right now the description makes it sound like only tags directly in my filter would be blocked.
Pokin

Would anyone like to have a follow feature to stay in contact with a local post being sent? Most users who upload mostly here should have more attention to them if this site had a follow feature
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
When you’ve enabled the option to display thumbnails of WEBM files as GIFs, the GIF should animate as normal instead of going through selected frames.
UnderwoodART
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
Would it not be possible to run a reverse image search when fetching an image on the upload page, so the uploader can see the comparison (if any) and have to confirm it is different/better? I feel like most nameless uploaders don’t bother searching beforehand.
I’d also like to restate my interest in tooltips on tags while adding them, so I don’t have to add and update tags just to discover they have an obscure other meaning and have to remove them. Also showing implications would be nice too. And my second request for the DNP list to be split into letter categories.
UnderwoodART
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
It’s a shame artists can’t edit descriptions on their art uploaded by others, but I don’t know how you could possibly do that in a non-abusable way (since anyone could tag any artist)… If anyone CAN think of a way, it’s definitely something I would like.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@UnderwoodART
Yeah, the DNP list sucks a lot right now. We need to add a search and make the organization suck less.
@UnderwoodART
Actually this was discussed internally for a while when I was on staff - the main impetus was versioning image description changes, which we still don’t do (for some reason).
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@byte[]
Oh yeah, that’s one way, though it would still require manual moderation. But I guess if people aren’t abusing the source link, then they wouldn’t abuse the description any more… Another option would be to apply for “joint custody” of an upload, with proof that you are the artist (to the same degree as name changes). Still, the less mod involvement, the better.
[edit] The DNP search feature is even more important than categories, I’ve discovered, since if an artist has changed their name and you search for their old name, you won’t find it, but it will still be blocked. At least a search option would redirect you the newest name and save you wasting 10 minutes of tagging.
And this brings up another suggestion: it would be really nice if comments had a ‘like’ button (hoofbump, if you like), so you can show you’ve read something or to thank someone without needing to reply, along with a notification for the commenter and the option to unsubscribe from a post.
Background Pony #0F89
@UnderwoodART
AFAIK, it’s already the case that an artist with verified sources can request that posted art be reassigned into their Derpibooru account’s ownership, which would grant that ability.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@UnderwoodART
It’s a shame artists can’t edit descriptions on their art uploaded by others, but I don’t know how you could possibly do that in a non-abusable way (since anyone could tag any artist)… If anyone CAN think of a way, it’s definitely something I would like.
@byte[]
Actually this was discussed internally for a while when I was on staff - the main impetus was versioning image description changes, which we still don’t do (for some reason).
This. This so many times. There are so many images with garbage (or completely missing) descriptions I want to fix, but I can’t. Having a publicly viewabe history of the edits would be perfect.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@UnderwoodART
I’m of split mind about your hoofbump idea. On the left hoof, I agree that it will cut down on spammy “I’ve read that” comments. On the right hoof, it may kill off some threads by never bumping them back to the attention of one of the active commentators. It’s probably a net win to have shorter threads with a higher concentration of original ideas instead of longer threads full of filler and acknowledgments. I wonder what site staff have to say about this proposal.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
I feel like not having threads bumped up by minor replies is a positive, and if it does lessen traffic globally, things won’t be bumped off so quickly anyway. Having said that, I expect people who only ‘hoofbump’ will be the minority, and most will leave comments anyway. For me personally, it will stop the guilt of wanting to thank someone while also not wanting to waste space on the thread.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
It would be nice if there was a red/green (or whatever) switch at the top of the screen (by the bell) to easily toggle explicit tags on and off, regardless of your current filter. Sometimes you’re just not feeling it (or are). This could either be hiding anything with ‘explicit’ or ‘questionable’, or simply a quick toggle for the default filter, or perhaps toggle between two custom ones. If so, it could also help moderation by unhiding custom filters to check tags, etc. quickly.
Background Pony #2A5F
@UnderwoodART
What do you mean by “toggle explicit tags”? Toggle the blocking of images tagged “explicit”? Toggle the tag suggestion filtering?
For toggling between “my filter” and “my filter without explicit images”, you can just have two filters and easily toggle between them using the dropdown.
For tag suggestion filtering, there’s a switch called “Unfilter tag suggestions” in the settings, in the “local” section.
saby
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@UnderwoodART
The filter drop-down menu already does this. If you need to toggle filters so often that the drop-down menu is a significant bummer, I’m pretty sure a browser-side script could be made to give you a customisable row of toggle buttons for whatever filters you use the most.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide