Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

The “Search Posts” button could be more context-aware.

full  
When clicked, should preselect the “Site and Policy” forum to restrict searching in.

full  
When clicked, should restrict searching to just this topic. Not sure if, when no topic is selected, putting all of them in a dropdown will be a good idea because the list will be insanely long and not very helpful. Maybe only list topics that have more than one page of replies, or the top X topics, idunno. Perhaps list all of them anyway but sort them by number of replies.  
Either way, when in any topic clicking that button should restrict the seach to just the current topic.
Background Pony #C500
Not sure if, when no topic is selected, putting all of them in a dropdown will be a good idea

Just make it with autocompletion, like tags.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I’ve had an idea regarding series of images (such as panels of a comic) for quite a while. Came up with it after someone uploaded about twenty images in a row that showed up in my watched images list and weren’t relevant (when you have as many fetishes as me, watched lists get a bit fat), and were pushing out the relevant stuff.  
There’d be a special tag format with the “series:” prefix that would identify an image as belonging to a series. If there were an image on a page from within a particular series, the newest one on the page would appear scaled down with a special border around the thumbnail and with several slightly offset thumbnails behind it for a stacked image effect showing the previous images in the series in order. The older images on the page would not appear, as they’re displayed, if somewhat hidden, behind the newest image from the series on the page. This way, when a series is spammed, you only see one of it on a page (probably best to have an option to disable this).  
As for viewing the series, you could either click on a button that would expand the series to show a configurable number of images at once (while expanded, images on the current page would be “pushed” towards the next page, with any going past the image-per-page limit number disappearing), ordered oldest to newest and with some basic navigation buttons, or one that would take you to a series page that simply shows all the images in a gallery in order, like a specially-ordered search.
paluzna

actively doing:  
→ Better tag visibility by type  
this means they are gona get diferent colors, i hope.

i recomend something ridiculously contrasting, like red, for the explicit and questionable tags. fuck consistency. safe and sugestive can stay green for all i care, so characters/oc tags can be blue.

meta/non mlp tags could be a slightly darker green? better leave that one for later though, when users can browse tags.

also, would it be too time consuming to make tags keep their colors when editing them?
Background Pony #C500
@Princess Luna  
While it’s okay for image variations (one “parent”, many childs, order insensible), it’s completely unsuitable with comics. We need complete pool system with reordering-navigation-replacing-and-such, not tag kludge.
Background Pony #C500
@Princess Luna  
Reordering pages of comic. Currently, after merge-forward or adding prologue order becomes complete mess. (minor issue: general (textile) series description on series page). I can’t see how it would implemented with just “series:” tag, without pool editor.

P.S. IMHO: I think collapsing should be disabled by default for comics. There is enough “context-free” comic series, and it would negatively influence on pages views and score.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I meant to mention that there would be a way to set the order of images in a series (presumably using the space provided by the horizontally expanded series thing to fit in some buttons for editing, else have some special stuff on the thumbnails when looking at the series page.)
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@Princess Luna  
Suggestion: The ability to mark already existing tags for comics, eg, Birth of Equestria, as being comic tags if you want to add that functionality.

To prevent abuse, though, it’d have to be something an actual person has to approve, I’d think, lest we get people being complete douchebags and collapsing the entire booru into tags like ‘solo female’. Or ‘Twilight Sparkle’. Or ‘Safe’.
Mad Black
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

How about a possibility to link tags directly like hash tags to make it more easy.  
So instead of  
"TAGNAME":https://derpibooru.org/tags/tagname  
or "TAGNAME":/tags/tagname  
just #TAGNAME#
BigMax
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Mad Black  
Everyone who uses the first form should be promptly sento to the Moon.  
For every link on Derpibooru!

I like your proposal, anyway. Too bad it can’t be completely hashtag-like.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

An icon (a star, an F, whatever) that would appear near the top of the image (maybe between the Subscribe and Score buttons) that would label it as already Featured.

Featured pics can accumulate hundreds of upvotes which may leave some artists confused about the reason for their popularity, and people are looking for new pics to feature all the time; so a signal like this would be useful.

(It does not have to be anything like big or eye-catching, just a single character to appear next to the others would be plenty.)
Mad Black

How about these:
Making ban history public if the user in question has more than 4 bans to his account

I just noticed that this has been actually been implied with the duck badge. Never thought that that would happen. Something Vargus suggested got implemented on the site.
clean
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The power of tags. <3
Hi.

Firefox and IE have new feature that Derpibooru can make use of: Prefer:Safe. Basically if someone visits your website from Windows/OS X (Boo, no Linux support for now.) account with parental control enabled, browser sends a special header. (See this)

Simplest use: this header would enable “TV-Y Mode” filter. No one can then accuse us of not protecting kids.
BigMax

@clean  
That’s actually quite interesting.  
I wonder how it could be implemented. Disabling grotesque and grimdark pictures for the default filter, or force-disabling explicit pictures for logged users, even if filters allow them?
Mad Black

@BigMax  
grotesque and explicit pictures are allready filtered and grimdark and questionable are spoilered in the default filter. So are also a lot of meta and meme tags.  
But the TV-Y mode is more child friendly. But considering how easy it is to change the filters, and how much goes under the suggestive tag and semi-grimdark tag, i wouldn’t recommend Derpibooru for any children.

Or would you like your children to see stuff like this? Even if they have to click on it to see it.  

(All under the TV-Y mode)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide