Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Oh! Ok, thanks - I recognize what you mean now.
I’m sure that’s in the database, but it’s probably not indexed so finding things there might be super slow. But, I’m sure you could add a search for it (like, write the feature on GITHUB) - there’s not a lot of standardized ways those are entered though, so it might be hard to find what you’re looking for.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Oh! Ok, thanks - I recognize what you mean now.
I’m sure that’s in the database, but it’s probably not indexed so finding things there might be super slow. But, I’m sure you could add a search for it (like, write the feature on GITHUB) - there’s not a lot of standardized ways those are entered though, so it might be hard to find what you’re looking for.
Ok thanks :)
I don’t know how to write on GitHub, but I’m sure I can find out online somewhere :3
Posted Report
Maonyman
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I wanna go to Equestria
Can you please make ctrl+enter post the comment? This is already implemented on many sites, I would like to see it here too.
Posted Report
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
I’m 90% sure this has been suggested here at some point in the years this thread has been active, so I’m mostly curious if the decision was “not a priority now” or “goes against Philomena’s design philosophy of how a booru should work”:
Allow linking parent/child images like on e6. Further, allow collapsing of linked images into one entry in search results.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
I would suggest for it to be announced to check image id If images get merged, so as people know how to find it. Unless ofc it’s already stated somewhere
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@byte[]
If I guessed correctly,
  • A set is an unordered collection of related images, such as all the different fetish variants of the same art.
  • Sequences are ordered sets of images, like a way to enforce comic: tags having both the proper ordering and excluding edits+fanart of the comic

collapsing images in search is an implementation rabbit hole.
I can well imagine. For example, does the collapsed thumbnail for the set sort itself in your watched list by the oldest or newest image?
I just requested that because it seems that I run into my home feed being spammed with 35 indistinguishable variants of the same clop image about once a month.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@TexasUberAlles
The intended use case is for getting notifications to replies to your posts instead of subscribing to the whole thread.
One anti-abuse implementation detail could be that a notification is only delivered when your name is mentioned within a link to a valid post. Simply typing @TexasUberAlles would not deliver a notification.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Moon Flower
That just sounds like a lot of extra work for a feature that nogoodniks would immediately use to @ someone a character limit number of times in one comment/post after another until they got moonbanned.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

I mean, it just doesn’t seem like something that’s worth the amount of time it would take to implement in the first place, much less additional feature after additional feature to make it less likely to be abused. This isn’t Twitter or Tumblr.
Background Pony #0F89
PMs exist, and I don’t see a way to turn them off or block people. So, that’s clearly the benchmark for feature abusability.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@Sff
People try to do that already. It kind of ends up like pic related.
When we see that we usually ask people to cut it out, and if they don’t, or especially if they’re abusing PMs like
@Background Pony #0F89 described, then we start banning them.
Unrelated but that gif is so cute 🥰
On a related note, someone came to me asking for participation in something I didn’t desire to be a part of. I told them so but they kept repeating why I should join and basically tried to guilt me into participating. I told them no again but they persisted, so I just gave them a farewell and hid the conversation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide