Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

Perhaps reverse image search should notify of similar images, or more importantly, specific DNP images, which aren’t covered by the DNP list.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Hai just curious, recently I have been running into more artists whose best res pics would be unreasonably high res to upload like >>749477. I know there is a higher res beats lower res policy, but is there anything on when it is justifiable to keep a lower res version instead? (Can’t see some of these offering important advantage over the lower res ones but they must be a bad load for the site.)

I imagine it’s a constant problem with sites like DA and the answer is probably, we do want the largest version always, so the advice is “just tag them with ‘absurd res’ “?
BigMax
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Vree  
Isn’t that problem basically be addressed by the preview Derpibooru automatically generate?  
When I see a picture has an absurd res, I usually avoid to expand it.
Background Pony #5882
Feature suggestion: hitting “unsubscribe” in your notification panel should also remove the notification for that picture.

If you have to visit the picture’s page to remove the notification anyway, you may as well hit the unsub button there. Unsubbing from the notification panel should mean “nope, don’t care: don’t show this to me any more”.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Background Pony #07D3  
Unsubbing from the Notification Centre page… already unsubs you from the image entirely. If it’s not doing that for you, it’s a bug; post a screenshot in the bug report forum and ask someone to fix it. For some reason individual images will sometimes refuse to GTFO from the notification page no matter how many times you unsub from them.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@TexasUberAlles  
He means that the notification stays until you visit the image (or thread). It’s one of those little things on our list of things to sort out. Basically unsubscribing on the notification page should also clear the notification.
TexasUberAlles

@The Smiling Pony  
Ah, that makes more sense, I thought he was getting the same transient effect I got a while back where one stupid notification absolutely refused to go away no matter how many times I clicked on Unsubscribe.

I just scroll-wheel click the image number to open it in a new tab, and when I close it Firefox has highlighted that number so I know to go on to the next one on the list, then reload the page occasionally to clear all the viewed pages at once.
clean
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The power of tags. <3
I noticed that in comments people often put direct links to images instead of using “>>” syntax. Maybe there could be a popup reminder or autoconversion if someone uses a direct link to a Derpibooru image?
TexasUberAlles

It occurs to me this would be appropriate for this general thread as well.
I like this new policy of editing the stupid out of comments with an explanation of what particular brand of stupidity got edited; this way is much less disruptive than THIS COMMENT WAS DELETED BECAUSE THE USER WAS A GOBSHITE NOW EVERYONE WONDER ALOUD ABOUT THE MISSING CONTENT in screaming red text.
BigMax

I just realized there’s no way to go to a specific image by its number.  
Of course you can easily edit the URL, but it’s not always very clear, especially if there’s a query string or a fragment. Plus, it’s quite problematic on mobile devices.

One solution could be taking advantage of the Search field: if the value is a number, and just a number, directly go to that page.  
This, of course, would mess up searching for numeric tags, but I think it’s the simplest way.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@BigMax  
Give this bookmarklet a try:

javascript:{n=parseInt(window.prompt("Jump to image:"));if(!isNaN(n))window.location="https://derpiboo.ru/"+n;};void(0);

Obvously you have to replace derpiboo.ru with derpibooru.org or trixiebooru if you use those.

It also does not give a hoot about filters or anything.
BigMax

@JP  
Lol, nice. But it’s still some kind of hack.  
By the way, you can set window.location="/"+n; directly, schema and host are taken from the current one ;)
Background Pony #2A5F
From this comment :  
Ideally site should add implications in real time and highlighted with different color, so you could review them before saving.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #BC7C  
That’s a “feature in progress”; entire upload process is intended to be redesigned to show implications/aliases and potential dupes before the image is created.

Is unfortunately is a multi-coder task and those are kind of like the alignment of planets.
Background Pony #658D
i’m not entirely sure if that counts as “per-image hiding” or “private downvote search”, but i think a feature to hide downvoted pictures would be great. because if i downvote something, that probably means i don’t want to see it again… there doesn’t seem to be a way of doing that via filter settings since a downvoted_by field does not exist, which probably is for the better.  
if there is any other way of doing that client-side (like hiding comments via adblock), please let me know
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide