Hidden Staff

Site and Policy » Hidden Staff Search Posts
Amm
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Shoutout to Cammy
So another topic that’s come up recently, and has been an issue for a long time, is hidden staff. Why does Derpibooru lean so heavily on hidden staff? Hidden developers, hidden mods, even hidden admins. If you’re actively shaping policy or moderating users/images, then you should be visible and accountable. This isn’t a new thing either, Zippy’s been hidden staff for years. Was it originally a feature to allow staffers to step back and go on a vacation without fully removing permissions that eventually became heavily abused? Or was the intention to have secret police and use it to play politics the entire time?

There needs to be a public policy on what the staff page actually represents. Because right now we have one admin and it’s the Furbooru admin. But that’s not what the staff page says. Or is Nebula a real admin now? I don’t know, I can’t know. It’s all lies and intentional misrepresentation to your users. There is no transparency and that needs to be fixed.
Background Pony #CC43
Without trust, everything breaks. Transparency helps to build trust if it’s not established already, because moderators have to interact with the userbases somehow and that can work even with invisible discussions. The fundamental issue I see is not the lack of transparency; it’s the lack of integrity that had to be hidden to keep this place together in the first place.  
There needs to be a public policy on what the staff page actually represents.

I think for that, it would require the staff to agree on that in the first place, and I don’t see that as given.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #CC43  
Lack of integrity and lack of transparency are intertwined.

The staff page needs to be automatic, along with many other things. You have any kind of staff permissions? You show up on the page. You want to not show up? Remove/lock your permissions (with a timeout that only someone with direct database access can override so that flicking is blocked) so that you can’t derpstapo it up.
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Luna  
So has Joey actually retired or is he still in staff chat giving platitudes while causing every problem?
Background Pony #6960
SsethTzeentach’s Discord has a very “secret police” moderation system where all users have white names and no moderators are listed. In fact, mods (who are notified of their status by secret email) are instantly unmodded if they tell anyone they’re a mod. On top of this is a bot that randomly deletes messages so that users are on edge and don’t know why their messages are removed. This intentionally creates an atmosphere of paranoia for laughs but I can see Derpibooru doing this seriously.
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Luna  
Cool. So in an ongoing manner, will Derpibooru stop hiding staff from their users? Especially critical staff that are making core policy decisions and directing everything.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #6960  
All popular youtubers are shit on social media.  
The only reason to seek youtubers outside youtube is to watch streams before they become heavy edited videos on youtube.  
BTW Sseth will have a stream today on dlive.  
Maybe we could go there and post some ponies?
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Luna  
Alright, last question on this topic: Are you an actual admin and will remain such, or are you still just Luna Von’s PR sacrifice?
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Luna Best Pony~
@Amm  
I am an actual admin and I will remain as such for as long as I wish to remain as such. I am presently the highest authority on the site. And I am “Luna von Rainy’” from Discord, in case you were ever confused.
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Luna  
God dammit. Is the OTHER Luna an actual admin or is she still just your RP sacrifice? Also, can you change your name to Luna Von rainy here so that there’s not two Lunas that are staff. I’ve seen this cause confusion before and it just keeps happening. The ‘Princess’ addition does nothing.
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Luna Best Pony~
@Amm  
“Princess Luna” (Nebulon) is a moderator that I set as admin to help me handle things and have sufficient authority to handle things. I can change my name to avoid confusion if necessary, but that would need to be discussed internally.
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Luna  
That would be nice. I’ve seen this confusion happen over the years, and now that you’re both public it’s bound to happen even more often in a time where there’s already enough confusion. Some distinguishment of name that’s not just her canon title that people skip in their head.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide