Hidden Staff

belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Rene_Z  
Awesome! Thanks for all your help!  
Unlike most, I dont mind Invisible Staff. But if there is a problem I still want a quick way to check and maybe send messages about stuff going on. As a Mod myself on a few things I know how important Blending in can be when really trying to fix a problem.
capt_lonewolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Shadowbolt Leader
@belmontzar  
The way this sites staff has acted the last few weeks no longer being invisble is maybe a smart tactic to regain some trust of the members though its going to be a long road to that trust again.
belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@capt_lonewolf  
I can understand that, but also think plenty of us members have been just as bad if not worse than how some of the Staff had acted.  
Them again I think MOST OF the Staff “Badness Level” was calculated in private Staff chat. When one of the staff helped keep us informed they also happened to break site rules to do so.  
Is it good staff are held accountable for their own rules? Yes  
Is it a bad thing to keep the rest of the site informed when important matters are discussrd behind closed doors? Not exactly. Just look at the US government for a little while and our ‘adorable’ by comparison freak out becomes very minor.  
As Staff you need to try and be in touch with fellow enforcers, while also doing your best to keep the rest of the site on the know when it concerns massive rule changes.  
Thats why Raptorshy’s departure struck such a chord for users of the site.  
Did she break the rules? Yeah, leaking scree shots of Moderator conversations is NEVER ok, but did she have a valid reason or do so for a good cause? Totally.  
In a program I moderate on, my username remains the same but I need to Login to a special Moderation tag in order to use my Mod abilities. My name is always visable so people who are around enough Know me and know im a Mod there, but I also have an easier time blending in with others to figure out whats actually going on. [Which is why the RED TEXT always gets such a reaction on the program.]
capt_lonewolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Shadowbolt Leader
@belmontzar i will not engage in a fight for raptorshy i simply said hidden staff is a bad idea you want to enforce rules well heres a tag that says i am a mod. I also moderate but our site has 3 levels  
Admin-handles technical things not rules  
Mods-handles rules is always visible no matter what  
Peacekeepers-no mod acess period report only to mods they enforce rules but are not staff period.  
This system works fine for us and honeslty could work here too as staff you dont need to blend in you can see logs you have acess to tools normal memebers dont you dont blend in that just looks like your hiding behind your staff if there’s an issue you check logs and ask peacekeepers not try to sneek in under the guise oh look im not staff.
Rene_Z
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

@belmontzar  
Reports are the way to go if you want to report a problem. Don’t send staff PMs about support unless they ask you to. If it’s not directly a problem, there’s the forums and the #support channel on Discord.  
One reason why some staff were hidden is that they received random PMs from people that should have just been reports. That’s also the reason why the profiles for staff marked as unavailable are not linked now.

I also don’t think there’s a duty to publicly mention all staff working on a site, only when they make public interactions it should be clear that they are staff.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide