I'm done

Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
I’ve been in this fandom since practically the beginning. As such, I’ve braved my fair share of drama storms. I was there when Tumblr turned on Ask-Molestia. I was there when Twilocorn shook the fandom. When people like Maximillian Veers and Purple Tinker were called out and ostracised by the fandom, I was there. Any major controversy that shook the fandom, I was there. I saw it all. I thought there was nothing that would faze me.

Then three weeks ago happened. Boy was I proven wrong…

I don’t care what side of the “debate” you were on. If you didn’t see the problem of responding to the admin’s statements on the matter was with not one but TWO different DNP threads “pledging” to stop posting or outright deleting entire galleries from the site, guess what? THERE IS NO WINNING SIDE. EVERYONE LOSES.

I don’t care what TSP or the admins do or don’t do. How they handled this situation was shitty. Beyond awful. But for everyone and their goddamn grandmother to take that and STILL not realize that maybe, just maybe, having TWO DNP pledge threads about the issue WAS A BAD FUCKING IDEA! If it was up to me, both threads would’ve been locked and deleted as soon as they cropped up. No questions asked. Because both sides that have the same goal of leaving altogether should just, I dunno, FUCKING LEAVE ALREADY!

You wanna know something funny? I was there when Aryanne started making the rounds. You wanna know what the community’s reaction to her was?

We laughed. We laughed at it. Because of course some fucking edgelord would make a Nazi ponysona. That was how the fandom was back then. Because what happens when people make a joke out of something as evil and cruel as Nazism? You take the teeth out of it. You declaw it. You giggle at the ghostie. There guesses where we got that from.

Oh, and for the idiots out there who want to put words in my mouth and think I’m siding with one side or the other, I’m gonna stop you right there. I’m on my own side. That doesn’t make me a Nazi and it doesn’t mean I’m against censorship. What I am against are psychotic fucking assholes who think bringing down an entire goddamn art community is worth a fucking political statement!

To the people who made the initial Anti-Nazi and Anti-censorship DNP threads, I have one simple question…

Was it worth it?

I’ll leave you thinking about that. I’m done here. Have fun continuing your “debate” till the end of fucking time. I guess the days of this being an art site are done. Now it’s all about pissing contests and glorified holier than thou bullshit.

Fuck this. Fuck all of you. You all disgust me.
Twinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Haha.
It’s a lose-lose situation for all parties really.

Are you done with the site’s community or the fandom as a whole tho?
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Twinny  
I’m done with the site. This whole bullshit really pissed me off and it still shocks me that no one ever bothered to stop. Seriously, why TWO DNP pledge threads? Why? What’s the difference if you were against censorship or Nazi imagery if you make entirely different threads pledging to do the same thing? You’re not going to win anyone over!
Background Pony #35DD
Geez, my internet conked out for a few days and all this happened. Derpibooru fell into critical condition, was the victim of malpractice after Joey’s sudden announcement, but it looked like it might finally stabilize. Now Teaspoon’s ripped out all the tubes and plunged a knife straight into the chest. It’s sad but I don’t think any recovery was ever possible with leadership like this. Ponerpics was founded to preclude any possibility of such chaotic authoritarianism so know you are welcome there.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Background Pony #35DD  
That’s good to hear. Pony and Rainbooru are also nice. You wanna know something else though? All those other places? They’re over the moon about this. They’re having a fucking laugh at what’s going on. All while the anti-Nazi and anti-censorship freaks are going to fucking war with each other. It’s like no one can see the forest for the trees over here! It fucking sucks!
Twinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Haha.
@Grave_Mind

To play devil’s advocate, blacklisting tags related to that content still means it’s on the site in some fashion and just leave such a notion at that.

Furbooru is another okay alternative but of course is more for the wider furry content with its rules looking to be something I’m welcoming towards.
Background Pony #AA6D
Just for those of you who haven’t heard, ponerpics.org is available as an alternative. Now at 40,000 images and still growing. It’s built towards as lax as possible moderation, and the only rules are nothing illegal, upload mlp and fandom related images, and do not spam. DNP is uncertain, but will probably be the fourth rule.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide