Viewing last 25 versions of post by Derpy Whooves in topic IRL crime submissions

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
"[@SnoopyStallion":](/meta/irl-crime-submissions/post/4402202#post_4402202
)  
I'm not talking for the site here, I'm just personally curious at this point what you think the appropriate response would be.

We're an international website.

How do you propose that the uploader be "reported" for their crime? Where do they live? What police department are you going to call? What are their local laws? Was that really a public table, or was it just a table in their own back yard and they misrepresented what happened for the sake of "art"?

Even when someone makes a credible statement about harming others on the site, trying to figure out WHO to report them to is a massive pain in the ass that can lead to weeks of getting told to fuck off by ISPs like Comcast or Verizon, and even when we do know where someone lives informing the FBI or Interpol rarely results in anything more than a "Thanks" and the person keeps posting here as if nothing happened.

So someone may have vandalized a table, which depending on where they live may or may not be a crime, or may be free speech, or may be their own table in their own back yard.

So, I'm curious - what do you propose should be done about what you have concluded is a crime?

We're not going to let you berate the uploader because you're offended - that's not going to happen. So other than that, what's your solution?

[bq]

>
tagging or ponifying other peoples property is a crime. there is no room for discussion[/bq]

Maybe spend a little time reading up on the history of graffiti as art. There is a LOT of room for discussion about whether graffiti is a valid form of art, and whether drawing art on public facilities is vandalism, or a form of free speech in the public space.

[bq]

>
as for this sites rules and terms, i would wish, that IR crimes wont be accepted[/bq]

If the crime is something that's in our wheelhouse, like someone uploading leaks or stollen corporate assets, or things like full page scans of the comics or from Hasbro's or AllSparks' art books, then we absolutely delete those.

But there is no international law, or local law as far as our operations are concerned, covering graffiti such that it would be illegal for us to host images of it. Many museums present images of graffiti - and as we do not vet the "quality of art" that we host this image is fine.

If you want to bring criminal charges against the uploader, that's your call. But right now I don't even know what time zone they live in, or even if what they did constitutes a crime where they live.

Beyond that, if the image upsets you so much, please hide or filter it. And hide the "graffiti" tag, as you will undoubtedly be equally triggered by any other images under that tag.

PS: Xalte ere gova da cant, beltalowda. Milowda ereluf, milowda owkwa, milowda lives.

![full](https://i.imgur.com/mhGDDxW.jpg!)

Again, this is just my opinion.
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
"@SnoopyStallion":/meta/irl-crime-submissions/post/4402202#post_4402202
I'm not talking for the site here, I'm just personally curious at this point what you think the appropriate response would be.

How do you propose that the uploader be "reported" for their crime? Where do they live? What police department are you going to call? What are their local laws? Was that really a public table, or was it just a table in their own back yard and they misrepresented what happened for the sake of "art"?

Even when someone makes a credible statement about harming others on the site, trying to figure out WHO to report them to is a massive pain in the ass that can lead to weeks of getting told to fuck off by ISPs like Comcast or Verizon, and even when we do know where someone lives informing the FBI or Interpol rarely results in anything more than a "Thanks" and the person keeps posting here as if nothing happened.

So someone may have vandalized a table, which depending on where they live may or may not be a crime, or may be free speech, or may be their own table in their own back yard.

So, I'm curious - what do you propose should be done about what you have concluded is a crime?

We're not going to let you berate the uploader because you're offended - that's not going to happen. So other than that, what's your solution?

[bq]tagging or ponifying other peoples property is a crime. there is no room for discussion[/bq]
Maybe spend a little time reading up on the history of graffiti as art. There is a LOT of room for discussion about whether graffiti is a valid form of art, and whether drawing art on public facilities is vandalism, or a form of free speech in the public space.

[bq]as for this sites rules and terms, i would wish, that IR crimes wont be accepted[/bq]
TIf the crime is something that's in our wheelhouse, like someone uploading leaks or stollen corporate assets, or things like full page scans of the comics or from Hasbro's or AllSparks' art books, then we absolutely delete those.

But there is no intern
ational law, or local law as far as our operations are concerned, covering graffiti such that it would be illegal for us to host images of it. Many museums present images of graffiti - and as we do not vet the "quality of art" that we host this image is fine.

If you want to bring criminal charges against the uploader, that's your call. But right now I don't even know what time zone they live in, or even if what they did constitutes a crime where they live.

Beyond that, if the image upsets you so much, please hide or filter it. And hide the "graffiti" tag, as you will undoubtedly be equally triggered by any other images under that tag.

PS: Xalte ere gova da cant, beltalowda. Milowda ereluf, milowda owkwa, milowda lives.

!https://i.imgur.com/mhGDDxW.jpg!
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor

[bq]tagging or ponifying other peoples property is a crime. there is no room for discussion[/bq]

[bq]as for this sites rules and terms, i would wish, that IR crimes wont be accepted[/bq]
There is no international law, or local law as far as our operations are concerned, covering graffiti such that it would be illegal for us to host images of it. Many museums present images of graffiti - and as we do not vet the "quality of art" that we host this image is fine.

If you want to bring criminal charges against the uploader, that's your call. But right now I don't even know what time zone they live in.

No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
We're an international website. How do you propose that the uploader be "reported" for their crime? Where do they live? What police department are you going to call? What are their local laws? Was that really a public table, or was it just a table in their own back yard and they misrepresented what happened for the sake of "art"?

There is no international law, or local law as far as our operations are concerned, covering graffiti such that it would be illegal for us to host images of it. Many museums present images of graffiti - and as we do not vet the "quality of art" that we host this image is fine.

If you want to bring criminal charges against the uploader, that's your call. But right now I don't even know what time zone they live in.

No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
We're an international website. How do you propose that the uploader be "reported" for their crime? Where do they live? What police department are you going to call? What are their local laws? Was that really a public table, or was it just a table in their own back yard and they misrepresented what happened for the sake of "art"?

No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
We're an international website. How do you propose that the uploader be "reported" for their crime? Where do they live? What police department are you going to call?

No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves