Issues with setting my Avatar

Lil_VampireCJ
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Lil_VampireCJ
(FIXED/SOLVED) I’ve been wasting at least over 30 mins just to try and rearrange/set myself a new PFP/Avatar on this site and it still refuses to accept it despite the image being 1000px by 1000px and less than 300KBS, I need a little bit of help, I’ve used/tried to use a editing site multiple times to rescale the images size as well as pixels and it hasn’t changed the error that pops up for me.
and now it keeps saying this and I have no idea what it means as it isn’t in the description or requirement for uploading avatars, is this a bug or do I need help?
These are screenshots providing/to sort of show the issue I am having…

This is the image I am trying to set as my pfp(hopefully this is the resized one):
I am going to try another method soon in a bit which I will update about on it working or not…but chances are it won’t likely work.(Unfortunately the alternative method DID NOT WORK & Derpibooru still gave me the same error that makes no sense.)
GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@Lil_VampireCJ
I think it’s too close to 300kb, I’ve used a lot of pfp’s and usually if I’m at 290kb or higher it won’t work. I can’t tell you why this happens but just try getting it down a bit more and then try again.
Background Pony #AE2B
and now it keeps saying this and I have no idea what it means as it isn’t in the description or requirement for uploading avatars, is this a bug or do I need help?
I dunno why it doesn’t state the unit, but it’s saying it has to be less than 300,000 bytes (which is 300KB [as hard drive marketing companies would define it] or 292.96KiB [as a computer would define it])
…. despite the image being 1000px by 1000px and less than 300KBS, I need a little bit of help, I’ve used/tried to use a editing site multiple times to rescale the images size as well as pixels and it hasn’t changed the error that pops up for me.
This is the image I am trying to set as my pfp(hopefully this is the resized one):
Well, when I save that file, it says it is 352,392 bytes, so it’s too big still.
Here are a couple of trivially compressed versions I saved using Photopea, a free browser-based image editor:
a PNG
a JPEG
GlitchedWolf
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@Lil_VampireCJ
Usually threads don’t need to be locked, they’ll just die out after it’s been solved. It’s set so only mods can lock due to that being yet another feature users would be able to abuse.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Lil_VampireCJ
Your operating system likely reports sizes in kibibytes (KiB = 1024 bytes) but misrepresnts them as being in kilobytes (KB = 1000 bytes). Any file larger than 292 kibibytes is too large to be uploaded. I will attempt to make this limitation more clear in the software.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Poster request