Livestreams Discussion

Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
We’ve just launched a new section on the site which tracks livestream channels and lets you see who is streaming; we also have notifications hooked up so you can get notified when people start streaming.

Feedback etc welcomed here!
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Rather importantly, we need people to let us know streams to add. So, like the thinger at the bottom of the streams page says, PM me to add stuff.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@someguy111  
It refreshes active streams every several seconds, but honestly not sure if it updates streams that go from offline to online, will have to check with Clover; we do send subscribed users a notification when a stream goes online, though.

Also twilighticio.us has a lot of streams listed, but I’m reticent to just bulk add them as I know many are from artists that are no longer active or just no longer stream.
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
You can subscribe to them, yes.

Live updates of the displayed streams is on my to-do list; we update thumbnails every 10 seconds on the list, but currently not viewers/on-air state.
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
@Background Pony  
We can’t possibly cover all the thousands of different ways in which people can live stream video or chat over the internet.

The vast majority of artists use a livestream.com setup because it is cheap, fairly straightforward to use, and has all the community stuff built in to boot. They’re technically pretty solid and it does everything most artists want, so we went for that.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Reincar  
We have the intention to implement desktop notifications at some point; basically if you have a derpi tab open (and the option enabled) you’d get a small popup on the corner of your desktop telling you a stream you’re subscribed has just started.

I guess we can also discuss emails or rss notifications, but afaik there aren’t any plans for that.
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
@someguy111  
Yes, it’d be for all notifications - we’ll be implementing this with Chrome/Webkit so it’ll only work there until wider support of HTML5 notifications API becomes available. There’s an API for notifications so there’s nothing stopping anyone making their own app aside from it being undocumented at present.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide