Markdown Migration

k154

@Princess Celestia  
Now everything is displaying normally, but I’m worried that it won’t last.  
On deviantart it started that way too.

A little annoying:

The need to allow dom storage (otherwise full versions of images don’t display)  
Web fonts with icons, instead of png files. Web fonts are often (not in your case) a threat to privacy and are used to track the user. (this is one of the common techniques, you probably know it yourself) )  
“Flat style” graphics in the design of the site.

You can download firefox 52.9.0 https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/.

Its more modern forks  
http://o.rthost.win/palemoon/palemoon-28.10.3a1.win32-git-20210626-c9bf62e0b-uxp-a0461e377-xpmod.7z  
There are others, if you’re interested let me know and I’ll post the links.

>
you really shouldn’t be using such an outdated OS and browser

The bigger threat comes from microsoft, google, … and “friends” who frighten naive users with much exaggerated dangers of using old software and exaggerated importance of constant updates.  
I know what I’m doing, I have several operating systems but XP is my favorite)  
I think you understand that all “innovations from corporations” serve only one purpose - to make users go to stores and buy new computers, OS, etc.  
It is a business to intimidate ordinary computer users who foolishly believe the corporations (microsoft, google, Apple…).  
And what Google Chrome (and almost all its forks) does behind the naive user’s back is scary to think about.

I could tell you a lot but I guess you are not interested and as I don’t know English very well, there will be many semantic mistakes.  
You probably use Windows10\64 and will be aiming for 11 which represents the peak of user control. (As well as all 8+)

A little advice:  
Do not use TLS 1.3  
Look on youtube, github, deviantart, Telegram and don’t do that!
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@k154  
TLS1.3 is supported but minimum required is 1.2;

And it will last, the display won’t change if it already works well for you. You’re already viewing the new version of the rendering.

We serve all webfonts from local storage. Nobody is tracking you.

I use Linux and I aim at browsers released in 2019-2020 and newer. Haven’t used windows in a long time for anything other than gaming or art, and I very much don’t trust Windows with anything actually important like my keys or private data.
Background Pony #2D8C
20% cooler. 20% cooler. cooler? % cooler% \ cooler 20% cooler. 20cooler20cooler20cooler _ o_o _ _ . uwu~ and owo~ for good measure%%~ wtf why are there percent signs, there were only tildes %%% there also wtf the code backticks are not working @%%@ HALP

1 is the first thing and # 2 is the second thing and yes I’ve deliberately put in a space instead of typing #1 because this is stress testing!!!!shouting

Left | Center | Right  
— | — | —  
left-aligned | center-aligned | right-aligned  
formatting | works | here

@Princess Celestia  
I’ve thought from time to time that tags should themselves have ratings. So like, if you’re on the default filter, you don’t see subjectively weird or unsavory tags when they’re on safe images…eg. “face down ass up”, “majestic as fuck”, “i’ve seen enough hentai to know where this is going”, “delicious flat chest”, etc. But, the site has over 400,000 tags and rating them all would be unfeasible, and that’s off-topic for this thread anyway…

@Background Human  
Ah, so I see.
Twa1kaArt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

i draw lewd ponies:)
ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ💖Nice! Great news~💖  
ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ ᅠ💖everypony who read this message have a nice day and may you have great!💖
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@k154  
It ain’t exaggerated, it may not be as serious as a nuclear war but it’s VERY serious cuz old software is fundamentally too primitive to fight against any new security problems without a lot of slow and bloated coding, which is just unreasonable.

^ Sorta like the diseases Europeans brought to Americas during the discoveries where the native ppl simply didn’t have an immune response, with the diff that a computer software MIGHT (I dunno for sure cuz security ain’t my best area) be fixable, but if you’re gonna improve the whole infrastructure in the 1st place already …

And I used to use a Window$ VI$TA at a “work place” before a cheap Win10 machine was found (the machine was rather old anyway and they used stuff like GPS navs, so I couldn’t install Linux). The thing used whichever Google Chrome and Firefox versions I could install, and many websites broke, let alone some other softwares; the thing didn’t even have an antivirus cuz nothing that wasn’t a piece of shit wouldn’t even install, let alone update.

Derpibooru is likely too simple to break that easily (haven’t checked the HTML too much), but Derpibooru breaking is just the tip of the ice berg.
Ariel Schnee

Cute Snow Princess
I’m up against it.
I use firefox 52.9.0 on XP for browsing.
Discord, Telegram, Slack, Github have not gotten any better, they have turned into very heavy sites aimed at Chrome that don’t display properly on firefox 52. Not everyone uses gpu.
And sites like deviantart just turned to s*it and I was forced to leave them.
I don’t want to leave your site I’ve been on for 9 years. Your site is 120% ok, no need to change anything.

I agree completely. I too use Win XP SP3 32-bit. And Firefox ESR 52.1.2 (32-bit). I literally have no other choices here. I’m stuck in an old folks home, and this is the only computer I’ve got. It’s not in good shape. Then again, neither am I. Half the capacitors on the MB are blown now. It takes about an hour to start. It could cut off on me at any moment. And since I have no money, and no one, when it dies I won’t have a computer anymore either.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ariel Schnee  
This will have no effect on your machine. Mostly because it’s already active and nobody that hadn’t been using textile syntax heavily would have noticed without PC making this thread.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@Ariel Schnee  
As TSP said, this change won’t break Derpibooru for you. The redesign, however, might.

But it seems like you’re in luck. I’ve checked your browser versions against two major features that we use, and it seems like your Firefox 53 actually supports those (css variables and css grid).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide