New Design Announcement - Discussion and Suggestions

Background Pony #2DD8
@s8wc3  
By this point the mods and admins have demonstrated so much lack of caring and professionalism it wouldn’t surprise me if they did exactly that.

Very disappointing day.
Background Pony #F42E
@ziper  
It’s still barely April 1st in Hawaii and other Pacific Island places, which is apparently enough to justify continuing to fuck over people who dislike this.
Background Pony #2DD8
@Background Pony #05E1  
It’s already been over 24 hours, which is when that vocal minority (i’d say it’s not as minor as you think, looking at this thread) was told it’d be back to normal. Kinda within their right to be upset.
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Derpy Whooves  
Lots of people yesterday told me and other people to come back tomorrow, and a bunch of people earlier today told me to come back in three-four hours.

We didn’t say we were told by the dev team, but we were told by people in this thread, and people in this thread are included within people we are responding to.
Background Pony #0FF4
@polar_storm  
You know, I could repeat how I’m older than most of ya’ll, how I remember when websites were actually like this (and they were just as unbearable then as this is now.) I could continue to speak about things like eye strain, a lack of consideration in just giving people who don’t like it the option to opt out which would hurt absolutely no one and would save a lot of people stress. I could continue to speak about perhaps actually respecting other people.

But it’s not going to get through to you, or the staff, or anyone else here, because you don’t care about other people. And I’m not saying that as a whiny “oh woe is me” statement. Just a statement of fact. You don’t. So emotional arguments aren’t going to work.

Here’s a logical argument then: the decision to inflict this on everyone and repeated refusal to consider providing an opt-out function as well as staff mocking those who ask for it will harm the Derpibooru user base, and run the risk of harming the long term viability of the website by reducing the number of people willing to donate to keep it running. As Derpibooru likes to remind us everywhere, it costs a lot of money every single day to run it. Therefore it would logically follow that keeping as many people as possible happy with the website would make it easier to run, because more people would happily donate for something they like.
Background Pony #2DD8
@Derpy Whooves  
No devs, but a few mods did give explicit timeframes of when to come back. Kinda gives off the vibe this is being prolonged because people don’t like it and are complaining that it legit makes the site harder to use.

Which is, as some say, not cool.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@NightStalker  
You want to be treated with respect? Then don’t demand things, act like we’re jerks, or against you, or make up some conspiracy that it’s being prolonged just because you hate it.

And those things are general to anyone in this therad demanding things. Because angerly demanding things isn’t going to make you get what you want.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@NightStalker  
I think you’ve been treated with considerable kindness, especially given some of the accusations you’ve made of the people who worked very hard to put this annual event together for the community. Please enjoy the joke. If it’s not to your taste, then sincere apologies.
Background Pony #1BFF
@Background Pony #05E1  
I think instead of telling people to go away we should be asking site devs to make these joke themes optional, so anyone who doesn’t like it can go into display settings and change back to normal. They don’t have to deal with a theme they don’t care for and you don’t have to deal with them. Everyone is happy and no one is upset. That’s the real solution, in my opinion.

I personally got a laugh out of this theme when I first saw it, but when it comes to using it - I find it hard to look at and after a few hours it became grating of my eyes, so, even though I like the idea of this theme I would also be happy to have an option to turn if off.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Also the sockpuppeting has seriously got to stop. I’m in bed already but I swear I will get up out of bed and log back into the mod tools just to deal with the next person to sockpuppet in here.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Ah, it’s still active. Wonderful.

Please keep the 90sBooru alive forever!
Background Pony #EC75
@polar_storm
You know, I could repeat how I’m older than most of ya’ll, how I remember when websites were actually like this (and they were just as unbearable then as this is now.) I could continue to speak about things like eye strain, a lack of consideration in just giving people who don’t like it the option to opt out which would hurt absolutely no one and would save a lot of people stress. I could continue to speak about perhaps actually respecting other people.
But it’s not going to get through to you, or the staff, or anyone else here, because you don’t care about other people. And I’m not saying that as a whiny “oh woe is me” statement. Just a statement of fact. You don’t. So emotional arguments aren’t going to work.
Here’s a logical argument then: the decision to inflict this on everyone and repeated refusal to consider providing an opt-out function as well as staff mocking those who ask for it will harm the Derpibooru user base, and run the risk of harming the long term viability of the website by reducing the number of people willing to donate to keep it running. As Derpibooru likes to remind us everywhere, it costs a lot of money every single day to run it. Therefore it would logically follow that keeping as many people as possible happy with the website would make it easier to run, because more people would happily donate for something they like.

As someone who has donated to the site before, this cannot be more true. The lack of professionalism from the staff team is appalling. I personally will not be providing Derpibooru with any more of my hard earned money if they can’t do so much as add a simple “Off” button to this theme that makes the site basically unusable for me. I have waited and waited for it to be returned to normal, just to find it seemingly is being prolonged. For what purpose, I don’t know. But good job at ‘alienating’ a portion of your userbase.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide