New Design Announcement - Discussion and Suggestions

Nevaylin
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Neva Neva Neva
@The Smiling Pony  
The solution that’d have made everyone happy is a way to turn it off from the get-go. The site’s harder to use and is giving people headaches, and straight-up breaks on some mobile devices. I thought the joke was funny, but it gets old after like a minute of eye strain.  
People are getting frustrated and demand-y because the responses to these valid complaints were dismissive at best and hostile at worst. I understand y’all are volunteers and professionalism isn’t required, but it could’ve made this go a lot more smoothly for a lot more people.
iTwilightSparkle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Mama to a dragon
@Pizzamovies  
Don’t bite the hand that feeds.  
Do try to be mindful that respect is a two way street, and if you show disrespect you’ll get it in return.

I want this theme gone as much as any of the others who do, I agree the decision not to have an opt out was an incredibly large oversight.  
But bitching and moaning about it, and even getting shirty with a site dev or the site owner isn’t going to change it now, and might just lead to more dire consequences than something like this.
Pizzamovies
Pizzamovies - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Burger Rebellion
@iTwilightSparkle  
I mean if the derpibooru staff were to get triggered and shut down the site, eventually everyone will just move on. Like people did with tumblr. As per the joke here, that’s the changing internet for ya. So let’s not have that happen. Thanks

Also being provocative all for a joke, and not learning from the last couple times, and somehow expecting people to be different, oof
NightStalker

The site overhaul IS well done by whoever made it and it’s clear that a lot of work went into making it, especially to such detail. There’s no question about that.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Okay, I had a good night of sleep, it’s my birthday, I was eager to take advantage of the confinement to browse the ponies I missed yesterday because of that eyesore of an April Fools joke and it’s still there?  
What the hell?  
Don’t you think it’s run its course by now? Can we have our site back, please? Is it too much a birthday present to ask for to be able to browse Derpibooru in a manner that doesn’t make me sick after a few minutes?
NightStalker

It’s 9:33pm April 1st on Baker Island, which I believe is the farthest reaching land before the International Date Line. I’m not sure if that’s being counted in the “It’s still April 1st” thing.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

As someone whose bread and butter is making incredibly bad jokes, let me share my thoughts. There’s a point where the joke starts to overstay its welcome and/or cross the line into obnoxious. It’s important to recognize where this point is, and to be respectful of your audience.

What you shouldn’t do is double down and lash out at people who have the audacity to not still find the joke funny.
s8wc3
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Get my rope...
If you legitimately get eye strain from a light color scheme you have a problem. Either your monitor is adjusted wrong/belongs in the trash (cheap LED-backlit monitors often have an overly blue cast which is bad, and is likely your problem) or your ambient lighting isn’t good enough. “Dark theme” is just an excuse for poor ergonomics.

Anyway admins, you guys are really gonna have to step it up next year to beat this level of butthurt. I propose something along the lines of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az49aNuYeJs
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide