New Homepage Discussion

soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ocellus is best buggo
I’d honestly throw popular forum topics to the bottom, doubt many users care about them, maybe have most popular tags there?
Sixtyfour215
Thread Starter - Fire Emblem Stuff

I only think there should be options for this. Like under the account settings. For what you use for your homepage or something.

Besides that, I don’t really mind too much.
Battle GT

It's a cartoon show!
I can understand wanting to be welcoming but this just seems a bit obnoxious. What was wrong with a simple blotter near the top banner?
sirvancelot
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
A Perfectly Normal Pony - SirVancebutt
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I think it looks fine. : ) Perhaps some people would like a watched images box? Or allow people to select which boxes they want on the homepage and which ones they don’t.
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
I don’t like it at all. However, it’s easy for me to go straight to images every time I go to DP, so I won’t complain. Just have to fix the habit of clicking “derpibooru” instead of “images”…
Carcer
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Carcer> "Officer, unless I threatened to **** him in the ass, I don't believe I could have reasonably expected him to stop using my website."
Since the Beginning  - Posted the very first image. Indexes start at zero!

Inexplicably in power
@Battle GT  
The big welcome banner thing only displays a limited number of times (I think it’s 3 pageloads) and then disappears, it is only intended for the edification of new users.

@soundtea  
Because of the overwhelming number of meta “discussion” images that get posted basically as an invitation to debate in the comments, we’re trying to make the forums more visible in order to get that kind of content into a section where it belongs and not all over the images section, which is why the forum section is so prominent.

But at any rate we’re going to be taking feedback and we’re already looking at how to redesign the page to be more appealing and useful.
Sjogre

It’s honestly the kind of thing that I’ll look at once, and never again.

If you don’t want people to ignore it, try to streamline the non-image stuff and integrate the image listing more smoothly. Make the news and displays into a beefier header and sidebar on top of a normal image listing page?

Having the forum topics take up half the page is kind of excessive, and cutting the top scoring and top commented down to buttons would show that they exist without eating up page real estate. Those don’t really change that often, so there’s not much point of planting them on the front page.

Would be a good place to rotate a proper featured image, though.

I’ve never had a habit of using the recent comment listing, but if you’re going to put it on the front page, it should be more visibly. Next to the forums, I guess. The forum activity really could stand to be cut down. While awareness of them could help cut down natter on the images, fifteen entries is excessive. Maybe only four or five? I think that making it into a banner would help stop the page from looking so patchwork, too.
Dr Outback
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

I don’t like it.  
Derpibooru should be first and foremost be about the images. the social aspects should be in the background. I understand that you want to lower the Meta posts rate, but most of them are posted by three people.
ArmyBoy57

It remindes me of a layout you would find on a Wiki page. Not to be complaining though. (Cough) wookiepedia (cough) It’s gonna feel a little weird to have to make an extra click just to go to the images.

Overall, all the updates we get on derpibooru seem to be good 9/10 times.
Sjogre

Hey, if you can list forum activity, why not have something like that on the forum page or the recent comments page? Right now the forums are kind of a pain to check for recent activity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide