Old API Deprecation Notice

Rene_Z
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

There doesn’t seem to be a replacement for the old https://derpibooru.org/filters/<filter_id>.json endpoint. I’m trying to verify that a given filter_id exists and is public, so that I can use it for searches. Using an invalid filter_id for a search doesn’t result in any error and just searches with the default filter instead, so there’s no way for me to detect that the filter is invalid.

Can the same endpoint be added to the new API?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Rene_Z  
Code’s all done and merged. Waiting for a deploy for the endpoint to be active.

It will be:

/api/v1/json/filters/:id and will take an optional key parameter that will (of course) unlock any non-public/non-system filters belonging to the associated user.

It will return a 404 if the filter ID isn’t accessible.

The output will be the same as the existing endpoint except it doesn’t have the list of tag names.
pingzing

Is there a replacement for the old https://derpibooru.org/filters.json endpoint? I can use /api/v1/json/filters/:filter_id to ask about a specific filter ID, but that requires that I already know the ID.

(I can just hardcode the 6 default filters into the app, TBH, but it’s nice to get a list I know is valid from the server.)
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Word Bug
@pingzing  
Okay, the changes were merged, waiting for next deploy for them to go live.

There will be two new endpoints:  
/api/v1/json/filters/system  
/api/v1/json/filters/user

The user endpoint will return 403 unless provided with an API key. With a key it will return all the filters (pagable list) belonging to that user.
Background Pony #F746
Can pictures/videos that has mp4, WEBM, GIF, jpeg, and jpg be acceptable for the new api?
Background Pony #F746
out of mp4, WEBM, GIF, jpeg, and jpg, which one are you trying to get rid of?
Background Pony #F746
will old, present, and future pictures, videos, gifs, and webm videos get deleted from this website when the new api becomes part of derpibooru this march 13st?
Background Pony #F746
So let me get this straight, the new api will help you improve the coding to the website while giving you more room for the files of said website, but once it’s installed this 31th of march,nothing will happen to the website besides the spare file spaces, and people can still look at the many pictures, videos, gifs, and videos made with webm without wondering and worrying about it being altered/deleted/or hid from public view like the thanos snap when it comes online this end of march?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@Background Pony #48EB  
Okay, so the old way to get an image’s metadata was:  
https://derpibooru.org/12345.json  
The new way  
https://derpibooru.org/api/v1/json/images/12345

They both give image metadata, but things are in a new place/work slightly different.  
This doesn’t affect the working of the website at all (only external API), and the API (right now) is read only.
pingzing

External devs are people (like me!) who write applications or scripts to access stuff on Derpi. I’m using it to create a Derpi Android app, for example.
Background Pony #F746
Looks like when the old api is gone this 31th of march, the only thing that’s gonna change will be the pattern for the coding of people’s work while they unknowingly continue to look at the many pictures, videos, gifs, videos made with webm without them wondering why it disappeared from the website without a trace that day.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide