Viewing last 25 versions of post by erml lmre in topic Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

erml lmre
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@erml lmre":](/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4639953#post_4639953
)  
[@Boxless](/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4641128#post_4641128)  
So I tested the FOUC with a smaller avatar, and here are the results:

The avatar shows up in pixel-perfect scale at whatever resolution it was uploaded.

If I upload a full (1Kpx) ^2^ avatar (the maximum size allowed), I can expect to see my huge face every time I click a local link.

I suppose the question could be:

What is a good size for an avatar? What is the largest box that an avatar should fill?

These avatars in forum posts sure don't look the full (1Kpx) ^2^. I imagine it would be easier on everyone's hardware if the avatars were sampled at a scale that is reasonable for the site.

Alternatively, you could just _*suggest_* that we use a reasonable avatar size (we can always link the full size image in our profile) by suggesting the largest size you display during any normal use, and put that suggestion somewhere near the upload functions.
Reason: New reply
Edited by erml lmre