Oh hi, Markdown. We are migrating the site to use Markdown. This is currently in beta testing phase. Click here to learn more.
Pony with care! Remember to tag images from or revealing story of the G5 movie with spoiler:my little pony: a new generation, and report any images of camrips/leaks for Rule 1!

Viewing last 25 versions of post by Angius in topic Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

Angius

The Ponut Eater
"@Rene_Z":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4706848#post_4706848
[bq="Rene_Z"] The new API no longer returns the @mp4@ representation for images uploaded as WEBM.[/bq]

While we're at it, what about @.gif@ representations? Will "this hack":https://github.com/Atulin/Chryssibooru/blob/master/lib/Views/HomePage.dart#L200-L204 still work?

Also, another question. The old API returns tags with their respective namespaces, the new API returns just tags and more tag data has to be fetched per-tag. That makes it so that an image with, say, 50 tags will now take 51 requests should I want every tag to have a namespace and/or color.

Should I just fetch those as they come, and simply cache for reuse, or is there some other method for handling it?
No reason given
Edited by Angius
Angius

The Ponut Eater
"@Rene_Z":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4706848#post_4706848
[bq="Rene_Z"] The new API no longer returns the @mp4@ representation for images uploaded as WEBM.[/bq]

What about `@.gif`@ representations? Will "this hack":https://github.com/Atulin/Chryssibooru/blob/master/lib/Views/HomePage.dart#L200-L204 still work?

Also, another question. The old API returns tags with their respective namespaces, the new API returns just tags and more tag data has to be fetched per-tag. That makes it so that an image with, say, 50 tags will now take 51 requests should I want every tag to have a namespace and/or color.

Should I just fetch those as they come, and simply cache for reuse, or is there some other method for handling it?
No reason given
Edited by Angius