Viewing last 25 versions of post by T12 in topic Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

T12

"[@Wellwater":](/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742404#post_4742404
)  
I just did some experimenting. I first noticed on Android Chrome, but I was able to reproduce the same result on Chrome for Windows on my laptop as well as Edge (blech). The same results were even obtained after clearing my cached data.

I noticed it was locking onto images which I had faved, so I tried filtering them out, with the result that it would now choose one of two images when random image was pressed. They were not picked in equal proportions (about 2 or 3 times more often for one than the other).

"

[
@byte[]":](/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742419#post_4742419

)

I admit I have a fairly complex list involving several terms which have * on each end to force it to match tags which contain specific words, as well as forcibly adding all of my faved images to the list. I just tried constructing a search which would be equivalent, and obtained the same result, but a different search with just a single term of that type works fine.

Edit: Further experimentation seems to reveal a similar behaviour to a lesser extent on any search with an OR. The random image produced does change, but always seems to be one with as many of the search terms as possible. Try searching fluttershy || rainbow dash, and see if random image ever produces one which doesn't contain both, because I haven't seen any.
No reason given
Edited by T12
T12

"@Wellwater":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742404#post_4742404
I just did some experimenting. I first noticed on Android Chrome, but I was able to reproduce the same result on Chrome for Windows on my laptop as well as Edge (blech). The same results were even obtained after clearing my cached data.

I noticed it was locking onto images which I had faved, so I tried filtering them out, with the result that it would now choose one of two images when random image was pressed. They were not picked in equal proportions (about 2 or 3 times more often for one than the other).

"@byte[]":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742419#post_4742419

I admit I have a fairly complex list involving several terms which have * on each end to force it to match tags which contain specific words, as well as forcibly adding all of my faved images to the list. I just tried constructing a search which would be equivalent, and obtained the same result, but a different search with just a single term of that type works fine.

Edit: Further experimentation seems to reveal a similar behaviour to a lesser extent on any search with an OR. The random image produced always seems to be one with as many of the search terms as possible. Try searching fluttershy || rainbow dash, and see if random image ever produces one which doesn't contain both, because I haven't seen any.
No reason given
Edited by T12
T12

"@Wellwater":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742404#post_4742404

"@byte[]":/forums/meta/topics/philomena-open-beta-breaking-api-changes?post_id=4742419#post_4742419

Edit: Further experimentation seems to reveal a similar behaviour on any search with an OR. The random image produced always seems to be one with as many of the search terms as possible. Try searching fluttershy || rainbow dash, and see if random image ever produces one which doesn't contain both, because I haven't seen any.
No reason given
Edited by T12