Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
Paradigm, as in from OOP (with some procedural and functional sprinkled in) to a fully functional language.
Oh, that kind of paradigm. I thought you were talking about MVC vs MVVC etc. It might surprise you then to hear that we were basically writing Ruby in almost functional style anyway. Most of the method calls in our code (the stuff that does “actual work” as opposed to just database interaction) are to Enumerable and to ActiveSupport::CoreExt. There are vanishingly few class structures we have, and only one or two actually use inheritance or true polymorphism, because it basically isn’t needed. (There’s also some broken STI that I aim to fix… uh, at some point, but that doesn’t really count.)  
Not sure what you mean when it comes to Ecto and being tied down by schema. Not quite sure how it works with Django, but most modern ORMs let you design the schema code-first and use migrations
If you read my post on why I decided to do this rewrite, it sets out my reasoning. Basically the ORM structure provided by ActiveRecord ended up slowing us down considerably after schema changes where we should have been getting faster, and I had at that point just had enough of it. The reason for this slowing down was due to Ruby object creation overhead. Neither Python nor Ruby are particularly well-known for being fast at object creation, so I can’t see Django being much better here. C# (or even F#, in fact) could potentially be viable, for sure. But Ecto stood out to me because of its fantastic query API support for PostgreSQL, which is the database we use.

I’ve also had Elixir on my mind as a Ruby replacement for a very long time, on the order of several years, as I had more or less anticipated this becoming a problem after the Postgres migration. Discussions I had with Rails core developers years ago in IRC had significant sway in my early opinion of the Phoenix framework, and there was a lot of excitement surrounding the framework (Jose Valim even occasionally showed up in those channels discussing it).

Earlier this year, someone paid me for and I wrote a “scratch project” (a video hosting site) to get used to Elixir and Phoenix, and by late July I felt that I had the experience with the language and framework that I needed to pull this off. I also of course have gained a lot of experience over the past few months as it takes quite a lot to run a modern imageboard.

To be perfectly honest, I did not even consider ASP.NET as a replacement framework. It would certainly work, though. My personal objection is that it’s not really “built” for PostgreSQL the way Ecto clearly is. In addition, ASP is what I was doing at my job over the summer, and I was not having a great time picking through what had been left for me, though I admit that was mostly to do with the code being untouched for about ten years.
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Luna Best Pony~
@Mister E.  
Nothing apart from VERY minor cosmetic changes. This is just a move.

All of the larger stuff will be implemented post-move, we have a bunch of things on our todo list.
Angius

The Ponut Eater
@byte[]  
You got me interested in Phoenix, as Postgre is also my database of choice. I’ll have to start some small project with it and see how’s the experience compared to ASP.NET Core.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
When I click on create a new filter from scratch it tells me that I can’t access to that page, also, the options “edit this filter” … doesn’t exist
Clicking image reverse search button without an image sends you to 404 page
When you try to change your profile image without selecting any image you receive 3 “can’t be blank” warnings, also there’s no go back button to return to account settings
The text size <h2> at any page overlaps when it has 2 or more lines of text

@DBot  
Try to open second page
Ow ouchie ouch, my css ruleset
fixed
T12

Result numbering at the bottom of search pages is off. The first page says it shows results 1-50 of X correctly, but the second says it’s showing 49-100 instead of 51-100. There are 50 images on the second page, and no images repeated from page 1. Similarly, page 3 says 99-150, and so on.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@byte[]  
You can add this to the CSS

@input:-webkit-autofill,  
input:-webkit-autofill:hover,  
input:-webkit-autofill:focus,  
textarea:-webkit-autofill,  
textarea:-webkit-autofill:hover,  
textarea:-webkit-autofill:focus,  
select:-webkit-autofill,  
select:-webkit-autofill:hover,  
select:-webkit-autofill:focus {  
-webkit-text-fill-color: #ffffff;  
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 0px 1000px #62a7d9 inset;  
border: none;  
}@

to explicitly overwrite the autofill style and, in this case, make it look exactly like the Default header input. (Obviously adjust colors for other themes.)

I just adapted it from https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/change-autocomplete-styles-webkit-browsers/, no idea if there’s a better solution.
Yoshimon1
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Luna  
Eh, makes sense to me, the default usually is ok. Plus, you don’t usually want to change the style of every single autofill on the entire site.

That said, I just realized the code I posted also changes the autofill of the username and password boxes at sign in, the tags search box and probably lots of other boxes, too. If you’re changing the style, you most likely should use something more specific than input, textarea and select…
catlion3
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@byte[]  
Spanish:  
Tengo una duda, es como derpiburu?, Se podrá usar igualmente para la carga y descarga de archivos jpg,svg, Photoshop, etc etc?  
Y una más, se acabará derpiburu?
The Smiling Pony
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@catlion3  
Es exactamente derpibooru; es un cambio de como funcciona bajo el capote, pero para usuarios todo deberia seguir igual… pero mas rapido.

Y no hay ningun plan para que derpibooru cierre mientras siga existiendo el internet.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Scope: Cosmetic issue in how strike is parsed in posts and comments.  
Summary: Hyphens when used to create arrows (ex: -> as happens in the aliasing threads) results in strike if there is another hyphen later in the string from the attempted arrow to the second hyphen.

Use Case: In the artist aliasing thread the boilerplate for requesting aliases is X -> Y. We could change, but this has been the standard for long enough that it is undesirable to change.

Example raw text:  
alias:from -> alias:to - this should be aliased.
Expected result (from Derpi On Rails):  
full
Instead Philomena renders it as:  
full

This is cosmetic, and doesn’t prevent any work on aliasing, but using the X -> Y format is the standard for the thread so it would be preferable to not change.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Scope: Moderation Only issue  
Summary: Claiming a report opens the report.

Use Case: We often have to claim several reports at one time, especially when one moderator is claiming artist takedowns or spam reports or multiple reports of a single comment or image. On BooruOnRails marking a range of reports “In Progress” all happens in one screen and can be done very quickly.

Expected behavior: Claiming a report on the report queue screen adds it to that moderator’s “In Progress” queue and the user is returned to the report queue screen.

Instead: Claiming a report opens the report itself so you have to go back to the report queue and reload it to see the change and to claim another report.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide