Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
At this point I believe I’ve fixed everything I intend to fix, and have implemented all the staff tools. I went and took a look back through the thread. There are a few comments I want to make:  
Extremely minor, but it no longer shows “WebM” over the WebM images on search to differentiate it from gifs.
Not sure why I added this to begin with. This is just me cleaning up my rats nest of markup; that’s the price to pay.

On the old software, if you click on or search for a tag that you have set as spoilers, it won’t show the images as spoilered. On Philomena, they’re still spoilered. Kind of a minor pet peeve, since I would often use that as a way to bypass spoilers without outright turning off spoilers for that particular tag.
I might bring this back, but I am not certain how many people actually use this. It’s annoying to support, but if there is a strong demand for it I will implement it.

There are still a few transient bugs regarding the scraper, however I have implemented the workaround suggested here. It turns out there are even more bugs surrounding proxy support in Hackney, so it might be time for me to investigate alternative HTTP clients (vs. HTTPoison). But in general, the scraper does work.

I am planning to flip the live site over to Philomena tomorrow (Dec 20, 2019), sometime during the day, EST. Prepare for chaos.
erml lmre
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@erml lmre  
@byte[]  
@Joey  
Ookay, I am downright spooked.  
So my profile pic changed. I was about to change it myself to test this, but backed out because you peeps act fast!  
Did DB just shuffle my avatar when I did that, or was it you, byte[]?  
I’m fine with it either way I suppose, I’m just spooked and a little curious if it can be replicated.  
I wonder if there’s a way to make use of the 4,536,543,495,880,704 permutations.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@erml lmre  
I didn’t change your profile picture. If you’re using the old site, it has a special avatar generator that uses your name as a random seed to generate a custom species/color avatar. Philomena doesn’t have that yet.
Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
The ordering of filters in the select element popup for filters has changed. On the live site, the optgroups listed are in the order [“Your Filters”, “Recent Filters”], while on philomena, the ordering is [“Recent Filters”, “Your Filters”]. A minor thing, but its screwing with my muscle memory.
Even more minor is that the text in the select element popup for filters on the live site is monospaced, while the text on philomena is proportional.

I didn’t see anyone respond to this (or my bug report[s]) so I’d just like to bring this up again.

That change seems really weird, considering the My Filter is the one I use the most, whilst most of the “recent filters” are ones I’ve literally never touched in my life.

Edit: Oh. It was fixed? Never mind then… full
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Rainbooms4Ever
@byte[]  
it still doesn’t show the comment from the explicit image when you click “view all” yet does on the profile page in recent comments so I’m not sure if the site just needs to update its cache for it to show when you click view all or… yeah, idk
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
Looking back through the thread, there’s a few things that haven’t been addressed yet.

• Will Earliest First comment sorting (and the other currently not available comment settings) be back?

• In Recent Artwork/Uploads/Favorites on profile pages, was the change from 5 small thumbnails in one line to 6 regular size thumbnails in two lines intended? If it stays, I’d actually suggest to increase it to 8 thumbnails, since right now it wraps 4-2 and leaves empty space at the end of the second line.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@byte[]  
@Yoshimon1  
It wraps every 3 images on my display with the default css, so now there’s three rows of obnoxiously large thumbnails for each of three categories, resulting in much longer scroll to get to the preview of someone’s comments - or galleries, which aren’t accessible from the menu-next-to-nickname-thing, unlike the other three.

Either adjustable display or go back to 5 small thumbnails k pls thx.

Also, did I just hallucinate seeing the actual contents of TheBamas’ comment on https://philomena.derpibooru.org/images/2174820#comment_8681361, or is there a bug that shows them to users that aren’t even logged in for a moment?

I might bring this [searching for specific tag not displaying spoiler for that tag alone] back, but I am not certain how many people actually use this. It’s annoying to support, but if there is a strong demand for it I will implement it.

I’m using it on my filters that I use when I search for stuff my main filter hides. It’s far more convenient than turning spoilers off and getting exposed to stuff I’n not searching for, or clicking on every pic.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
My only regret is that I’ll be at work when the switch goes live. It’s like missing a big party, and the party has a 30% chance of going up in flames. Ain’t no one that wants to miss that!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide