Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

Background Pony #74A8
I think I’m the only person that seems to be unable to log back in. Maybe I just misremembered what email I used, but even trying to create a new profile in the meantime just finishes with “404 not found”

-Magpul
Parcly Taxel
Parcly Taxel - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Princess of Science
This is not a bug, but it would be nice if the visual appearance and operation of Derpibooru was tweaked to make it as similar as possible to how it was under the Rails framework, particularly on mobile.

Some examples:  
-> Ban history is now at top of user page, was on bottom.  
-> Line height overall is narrower than before.  
-> The “Upload” page has been renamed to “New Image”, whereas the “Create Image” button has been renamed to “Upload”.  
-> Detailed tag information is now hide-by-default rather than show-by-default.  
-> The “implied by” tag list is alphabetical order for a while, then isn’t; example here. The out-of-order implicants were added later.  
-> Badges don’t collapse the hyphen for an empty explanation. Hover over the Artist badge and you now see “Artist -” and not “Artist”.
RushCars24ID
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Some things here…

• The ability where you logged out from the site, it will takes you back to the homepage with a green bar warning that says “Signed out successfully.” is missing. Currently, when logged out, it takes you back to the log-in page, which is kinda annoying, seeing you don’t want to fill and sign in again when logged out, that ability must be implemented here now.

• Apparently, I’ve got a session time-out in a very short minutes everytime when I left this idle while being logged in as I check some other sites, can y’all extended the time? Do you know how long of the logged-in session timeout last in the old software that previously powered the site before? Would be cool if you also carryout that into the new software.

• When you get a session timeout, the bar warning that says something like “Your session has timed out. Please log-in again to continue” is missing, this is another annoying thing, because being timed out in a session without the site telling you is clearly sucks, can y’all fix that?

• Any Private Browsing compatibility? Because I don’t want to mess up the history when I started up on any internet browser platform (Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, etc), I want to keep them hidden forever when starting up a browsing session. I’m just asking because I want to stay logged in here by a long period of time with Private Browsing is on, making it idle there while checking out the other sites.

• The automatic comment pop-up ability is missing when posting a comment on images, instead, you get a page browser reload instead, which is something you don’t really want to wait, right?
Background Pony #1C18
The headers in the filters and spoilers menus are showing up for me as a barely readable white text on light background combination. This seems to apply to all themes, even though the theming is correctly applied to the other parts of the menus.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
  • Any Private Browsing compatibility? Because I don’t want to mess up the history when I started up on any internet browser platform (Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, etc), I want to keep them hidden forever when starting up a browsing session. I’m just asking because I want to stay logged in here by a long period of time with Private Browsing is on, making it idle there while checking out the other sites.

What specifically are you asking? Our site should be fully compatible with private/incognito mode. If you close the private browsing session, it will log you out (because that’s entirely the point of private browsing), but  
otherwise it should work perfectly fine.
Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
Is small thumbnails (the 150x150 ones) gone, or just not implemented yet?
How much do you want it? It’d be a pain in the ass to add.
If it’s only me, I don’t really mind. I can probably hack around it with a userstyle if I really want to.

Hit me up if you finish that, large thumbnails are really jarring and i used the small ones for a great number of reasons, i think the most common of them being that i didn’t need to constantly scroll while viewing images while still keeping everything nice and aligned.

I mean, i came here to mention that several bits of the UI are also off from the prior API but uh, already kinda been covered for once. Which is nice.
RushCars24ID

@Joey  
Oh, I see, I’m just asking if that is also ported correctly when moving to this new software, in case if it’s messed up or not. Fair enough, that makes sense.
erml lmre
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@erml lmre  
@Boxless  
So I tested the FOUC with a smaller avatar, and here are the results:  
The avatar shows up in pixel-perfect scale at whatever resolution it was uploaded.  
If I upload a full (1Kpx) 2 avatar (the maximum size allowed), I can expect to see my huge face every time I click a local link.  
I suppose the question could be:  
What is a good size for an avatar? What is the largest box that an avatar should fill?  
These avatars in forum posts sure don’t look the full (1Kpx) 2. I imagine it would be easier on everyone’s hardware if the avatars were sampled at a scale that is reasonable for the site.  
Alternatively, you could just suggest that we use a reasonable avatar size (we can always link the full size image in our profile) by suggesting the largest size you display during any normal use, and put that suggestion somewhere near the upload functions.
Background Pony #66DB
I have a question. Is the current switch to Philomena a test one and it will be switched back to fix bugs and add missing features, or is it a permanent one and bugs will be fixed (and features added) right before our eyes?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’m glad to have thumbnails back in the comment page, but 25 comments is far too little at a time. Unless They were always 25 and things are just rapid right now.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Am I the only user getting this bug with galleries or is this intentional?

EDIT: I created a new gallery and it’s appearing fourth out of fifth on the list. The list seems to be alphabetical, except this does not seem to be the case as I have a gallery starting with S appearing before a gallery starting with N. The specific order is Made in Source, Scenes to Recreate in Source, N-Verse References, Test, The Inverted Continent. What should it be? Because I’m not seeing any logic in that order…
SuperSupermario24
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

fluffy sylveon
Image pages once again show all badges the uploader has instead of the collapsed view, even if there are a very large number. Not sure if this is an intentional design change or it just hasn’t been implemented yet, but it’s worth asking about.
DragonRanger
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Is there a way to hide all the ‘Featured Image’ stuff by default? It takes up a lot of space, especially on mobile where it takes up half the screen.
RushCars24ID

From the site bugs report thread:

@Background Pony #E4F2  
When an image gets merged, the comments no longer get transferred from the old picture to the new one. Can this please be changed so that the comments get merged again like before?
Seems this is related to Philomena, I did notice that where I posted seven comments yesterday, then the seven images got merged and my comments in those respective pics are gone.

Gonna be a lot of bug-fixing work to do, the site bugs reporting thread is flooding a bunch of reports because of this new software.

(Should I go back to the old software now?)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide