Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

Background Pony #EE55
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Hash value is #55EE
Not sure if this is the right place, but here’s what just happened:  
I searched for a specific term (e.g. “apples”), clicked on one of the results, and navigated all the “apples”-related images using the “previous” button. Then, I commented on one image in the results. Next, after the comment was submitted, I try to navigate the search results using “previous” or “next”. However, this time, the button directs me to the previous/next image by the number, and forgets that I entered the commented image through searching the term “apples”.  
Not sure if this is new for Philomena. The old version didn’t have the same behavior.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #EE55  
Commenting resets the current image scope. It’s certainly not intended, and you’re right, the old site didn’t do that (because it posted comments using a fetch request, instead of using default browser form submission).
Bytewave
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Assistant
for (;;) fork();
@byte[]  
Awesome! Glad to see something more substantial than 2 routes with ~3 documented query parameters each. :P

Really though, it’s good to see the API getting more love.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Sci-fi & Dragons
When I try to write a comment/post, parsing for bold or italics is nullified when a quotation or exclamation mark is placed next to the syntax. For example:

Strike this! “bolditalicThis should be underlined.

That above is not using anything to prevent parsing; As of now, it simply doesn’t happen when I use quotation or exclamation marks there. However, it does parse correctly when the syntax is not placed near quotation marks:

Striking this ! “the bold text “the italic text “ This is underlined.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Just a flurry of H₂O
Users’ previous names are no longer shown in image comment threads where they changed their name sometime after being replied to. (This is most obvious in old images.)

I don’t know for sure if previous usernames are still shown for 30 days after changing in new comments, but that might also be broken.
Background Pony #EE55
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Hash value is #55EE
@byte[]  
Oooh I see.  
Just noticed that submitting a new comment in the new site leads me to a new webpage, i.e. when I go to the previous webpage I see the same image page without my comment being submitted (but still saved in a text window). This is the same behavior that I see when editing comments in the old version, so I guess now they’re both using fetch.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Wiimeiser  
The second one searches for a random image in your current search. If you have made a highly specific search, you’ll only get a few/one image in the pool to be chosen.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Damaged  
The search was for my:watched, artist:sharpieboss gets a different image each time as intended.

(and and the button isn’t appearing on the search page, just the image page, so that’s what probably tricked me)
Wiimeiser
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@byte[]  
Does the number 1815943 have anything to do with my watchlist I wonder? Would changing what tags I watch change the result?

EDIT: Added octavia melody, anthro to my complex watchlist and it did not change the destination.

EDIT2: Adding oc:minty spots didn’t change it either. What makes 1815943 so special in my case? What is it for everyone else? What would happen if I removed all watched terms on that particular image from my watchlist?
stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

@Wiimeiser  
Currently random “boosts” images, which have more tags, mentioned in “or” expression (i.e. if you search ts OR fs OR ry OR rd OR aj OR pp with random, you will get M6 images before any other).

It’s possible, that something in your filter/search boosts that image
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@St@SyaN  
The terms on that image I watch are Starlight Glimmer, and Maud Pie, plus Lyra Heartstrings, Sunset Shimmer, and Vinyl Scratch, combined with anthro. If I search for Starlight Glimmer, Maud Pie, Lyra Heartstrings, Sunset Shimmer, Vinyl Scratch, anthro, it’s the middle and lowest rated of five visible images and has the fewest tags. What it could be doing is finding the image in the randomized search with the most tags (for that search above it seems to be >>1000000 but I don’t know if it’s the most tagged thing on my watched images), then copies the complex filter, and finds the lowest scoring image in a search that matches the most tags on the complex filter, and I have no idea what I’m saying.
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ruby -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron

Starlight and Sunny Fan
I’ve noticed that when I get a notification for new comments on an image and click to go see the new comments, if the image has multiple pages of comments it takes me to the first page with older comments instead of the last page with the new comments that I was notified for
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Sollace

But even adding “topics” to the URL portions of the userstyle (since that’s part of the forum URLs now) didn’t seem to fix it, and I’m not sure what else to do… It really doesn’t seem like the API change should require me to make much more significant changes to it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide