Poll on hiding exploitable memes

Straker
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I honestly don’t mind the meme’s. SOme of them can be rather amusing… but I can see many of them getting old…fast in many cases. Hiding them is fine. I can always unfilter them out if I want to see them.
ZORDON

I’m not going to read all the way through the thread, but I think I have the notion of “creative insults” down, so here’s my try:

YOU TURD-SUCKERS SHIT-LICKERS DAMNED SONS OF THE WORST PUTRID SEWAGE PLANT, IN THE NAME OF NURGLE I DECLARE YOU SO IREDEEMABLE THAT YOU, MEAT BY-PRODUCTS OF CHOPPED LIVER FACTORIES, WILL ROAM THE CLEANEST HALLS OF CANTERLOT CASTLE AND BE LOOKED DOWN BY THE PRINCESSES THEMSELVES. NO LUNA OR CELESTIA FOR YOU. AND DON’T EVEN LET ME GET STARTED ON YOU, SETH. GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP.

That said, I don’t mind memes too much. They’re sometimes infuriating, especially “chickun”, but not really all that intrusive. So, I say, keep it as it is.
Rpground
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Chaotic Neutral
Ok, in truth it’s annoying yes…but it’s not offending anyone or making others sick like Cum on Toy was a while ago…

If people do not want to see these it’s easy enough to just hide it then themselves. Or just spawn a new tag called “exploited meme” so it’s easier to sort, hiding and the whole poll is kinda a waste of time IMO…

But I suppose I can see why people are annoyed by it, doesn’t really warrant this kind of attention but, meh…free speech and all that.
Background Pony #41DC
@combathandgunner  
I suspect this will be possible once they implement proper search expressions for watch/visible/spoiler/hide lists.

You will just be able to add * to your visible tags list.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@combathandgunner
I suspect this will be possible once they implement proper search expressions for watch/visible/spoiler/hide lists.
You will just be able to add * to your visible tags list.

We’re not planning on doing this, at least not at this juncture.

We are replacing the current tag filtering system, though, which will have limited bearing on this (Default tags will be a Default filter set).
200dogz
Artist -

I’ve got an idea. Since many meme images are great and most of us are just annoyed by the crappy ones or spam. How about we add a:

“Hide meme images with score <5” [x] Checkbox

In the settings and have it set to on by default? That way good and really new ones get to stay. The crappy ones become hidden to most visitors soon after they’re uploaded.
ender1200
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@200dogz  
This all depends on the way the database is organized. But either way there is no score filter option on the site right now, so they will have to build it from the ground up and then integrate it with the current tag filter system.

That being said the ability to filter score ranges, or organize search results by score could be a good addition to the site.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@200dogz
This all depends on the way the database is organized. But either way there is no score filter option on the site right now, so they will have to build it from the ground up and then integrate it with the current tag filter system.
That being said the ability to filter score ranges, or organize search results by score could be a good addition to the site.

No argument; unfortunately:

Earlier in the thread, The Smiling Pony wrote:  
We have the manpower to do what we’re proposing, we do not have the manpower to implement more features any time soon. We also may not have the server power to have rate limits for every user/IP per tag.

We do have a score filter, but we have no plans for a per-tag score filter. If it’s something you think is really useful you can suggest it in the “stuff that needs doing” thread.

Rate limits are unfeasible; we’d have to track images uploaded per IP, which punishes people uploading, say comics, or just an artist dump. Or rate limits per tag, which is pointless given how easy it’d be to avoid. Or have 20 more moderators. Nevermind that it’s objectively not possible to differentiate between a “good” exploitable meme and a “bad” one.
200dogz
Artist -

I don’t mean extending the current searching system to include searching / filtering by score, but rather, hardcoding a specific checkbox just for this in the settings.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@200dogz

Which is even. More. Work. than expanding the current system. As has been spelled out a thousand times per month on this board. Buy yourself a clue already.
200dogz
Artist -

Which is even. More. Work. than expanding the current system. As has been spelled out a thousand times per month on this board. Buy yourself a clue already.

I don’t see how that’s gonna be more work but anyway. These are just suggestions.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

As annoying some of them are, i don’t see a point in spoilering or hiding them by default. If you don’t like them hide or spoiler them manually. It’s not like you’re forced to watch them.  
But it is indeed a good idea to give them there own tag. Even if i thought the meme tag would be enough. But these things are popping up quite often now under their own different tags.  
But the new tag shouldn’t be overused either. ;)

But remember the FIM Fandom basically started because of pictures and memes of the show posted on 4chan. ;)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide