Poll on the Direction of the Current Proposals

Poll results: What should happen next

It goes too far, the old rules worked fine for a decade, we should keep them.
54.49% 588 votes
It doesn't go far enough, all images with Nazi imagery should be banned.
31.60% 341 votes
I'm worried about how hard it will be to enforce consistently.
7.23% 78 votes
I agree with what's proposed, and think it will be fair and transparent.
6.67% 72 votes

Poll ended with 1079 votes.

Background Pony #7580
@Background Pony #2C57

@Background Pony #2C57

Going to repost an earlier message in the thread.

The following links are NSFW, user discretion is advised before clicking.
Literally just went to those sites, typed in “nazi” for their searchs and that’s the link, you may need an account for some.
So, no, to put it bluntly, those sites have significantly more nazi content than we do, a lot of it blatantly propaganda and there’s no large push to get rid of it.
DA alone has 75.2K pieces of art tagged ‘Nazi’

If we have “a Nazi problem”, those other sites are currently building the 4th Reich.
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
I accidentally voted for the consistent enforcement option instead of keeping the original rules

@Barhandar

Also, what do they expect to accomplish by brigading a user made poll
Yumenmita

@dissociativity  
That is faulty reasoning. The president of the United States is called by many extremists to be a fascist even though he’s the least authoritarian president since I remember.

Similarly, “kill nazis” does not refer to actual, real nazis, but a person the inciter considers to be nazis, like a 60 year old man waving the US flag while wearing a MAGA hat for example.

It’s extremely dangerous.
Background Pony #53E5
something I think is worth saying on the subject, let’s say we had 3 options, A, B, C, with B being a compromise between A and B.  
So if someone preferred A, this means they would definitely prefer B to C,  
and if someone preferred C, this means they would definitely prefer B to A.

so if the results were something like: A:45% B:15% C:40%, this would still have 55% of the vote, preferring B over A,  
as if the vote were between just A and B, all those that would have gone with C would select the closest choice: B

All that said we still have this forth option of being worried, which kinda seems like it agrees the middle ground but with less trust…  
but it’s not really explicitly saying that it is so it’s kind of a mess, as well as many of the other problems that have been mentioned already…

aguaaaah.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

@Yumenmita  
Libertarian communists aren’t tankies m8, tankies are the ones that excuse genocide and want to copy the USSR and China.  
Most communists aren’t tankies, they laugh at and exclude tankies.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Frosku  
we all borrow language from time to time, seems it’s how language works.  
Though I don’t consider liberals left wing, I consider them economically right, socially progressive people, since y’know, they like capitalism and capitalism is economically right.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
To be fair.

1. The poll is squeed due to  
    1a- most of the anti-nazi people have left  
    1b- how many of the users actually bother with the forums? I didn’t normally  
  2. The poll is split between: no, yes, yes maybe and yes not far enough
Frosku
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@dissociativity  
I consider myself a classical liberal in the tradition of Gladstone, Coolidge, et al. I like capitalism, I also hold very liberal values on social issues like freedom of speech, equal marriage etc. I’d quite like the government to stay out of my bedroom and my boardroom.

@Inucroft  
It was supposed to be split between:

Yes, I agree with the change  
I agree in principle, but have reservations about enforceability or staff impartiality  
The change isn’t enough, ban all the Nazi stuff  
We don’t need any change at all

I chose those categories because as far as I could see, they were the most popular categories in the feedback thread.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Frosku  
Yeah, I agree with the poll’s options too, I’m just worried users made in the last month may be flooding it, don’t know if there’s anything stopping new users from spamming it due to well, everything recently and how many flaming/trolling background ponies I’ve seen on the forums.
Background Pony #7AC2
@Frosku  
Did you ever answer how the results are going to be handled with ‘agree’ divided three ways? Given what you’ve said in here, no offense, but it seems the poll was designed to attempt to give the appearance that only a small portion agreed via dividing the ‘agree’ option up.
Background Pony #606B
@Background Pony #2C57

@Fapman

@Frosku  
I would also like to point out that as far as I know only a few countries have any laws against showing Nazi symbols or similar.  
As far as Germany goes, symbols of anticonstitutional groups are absolutely allowed in art, see the translated law, section 86 and 86a (note that it says “serves […] to promote the arts”, but the actual text translates more accurately as “serves […] the arts” or “is in service of […] the arts”).
Whatsapokemon
Jade Shine - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Silver Bit -

No really, what is it?
The problem with a forum poll is that a majority of derpibooru users never have (and never will) use the forums.

Even if you somehow put the poll in a more prominent place you can’t be sure that you’ll get a representative sample of the userbase. As a result, this poll has very little explanatory power.

Not only that but I think the wording of the poll isn’t ideal, since the “I’m worried about how hard it will be to enforce consistently” option could be totally compatible with any of the other answers.
danmur15
Artist -

Apple Horse Enthusiast
like, is this one of those “silent majority” situations

When it comes to political debates, it is very rare for it to not be two vocal minorities duking it out. There’s plenty of people on both sides and especially in the middle who have not spoken up for a variety of reasons, which is why something needs to be done to get opinions from the silent majority.

also I know I’m replying late to your message but eh
Background Pony #500C
@Yumenmita  
As personal experience from where I come from (a country where there is an ACTUAL DICTATORSHIP) the regime call anyone who opposes to them a “facist/nazi”, yet they are the ones who impression/torture anyone that is against them and worship the dictator as an almighty god.
Background Pony #5B96
So, my thoughts on this whole thing:

Nazi art is a problem, not so much because I don’t like it, but because nazis literally use “it’s just a joke” or “but that’s censorship” as a SHIELD for keeping their toxic beliefs from being mocked for what they are: irrational, bad faith beliefs that have no place in a civilized society.

And then they look at whoever isn’t mocking the art and look at them to recruit.

There was a poster who mentioned that any rational political beliefs should be able to get along, but that’s just it-nazi beliefs are irrational and fundamentally pro-violence in a way that even, say, most communists aren’t.

Even fairly hard-core, extremist communists merely see the bloody revolution they endorse as a necessary evil; to nazis, however, the murdering of “undesireables” is the point.

I have, over the past four years, grown sick and tired of the disproportionately powerful neonazi and neonazi adjacent groups in my country getting away with spewing their crap and getting votes because sites won’t crack down on their blatant lies and blatant foolishness and blatant hatred because “but free speech!”

I once hoped that any nazi would have looked at the show and realized that the show was antithetical to their beliefs, and kept them out of the fandom, but even if they do the former, that hasn’t stopped them from treating the fandom as an unaware recruiting ground.

I even recently had a nazi insult me for pointing out that they were using something that looked suspiciously like nazi recruiting tactics, admit that the tactic exist, but fail to retract their insult.

As for specific enforcement policies-I suspect a blanket ban is needed, if only to make enforcment tractable. In a vacuum, sure, we could just occasionally post nazi themed art as a way of helping us think through a thorny subject, but that ISN”T what actually happens when actual nazis post nazi art. Instead, they use it as a fig leaf to hide their ideologies behind, to look for people who don’t react with disgust, to look for people to recruit.

In conclusion: it’s not that I hate art of nazi ponies in a vacuum, because it’s a subject that does deserve to be remembered, if only to warn future generations about just how awful such philosophies are, but nazi ideology needs to die, and I’m sick of it hiding behind fig leafs like cute ponies to avoid being mocked-or worse, using cute ponies to push itself on the unsuspecting.

I support pulling the fig leafs away from them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Poll over, preventing this from becoming Politics 11.0 even more now that proposal is actually announced and all