Pro-free speech on the site but IRL against nazis

Background Pony #3D53
@Background Pony #D2C4  
Triple posting is very poor etiquette, If you reply to 3 different things before your post edit your last post to do it . I do “scholarize” you about this. It’s old basic forum stuff.

But I’m going to stop responding to you because you’re deliberately being belligerent to deviate from the topic of the thread and this is tiring.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I am 100% against nazi and other bigoted ideologies which I think both sides of this matter should agree on, but also in favor of artistic freedom
It shouldn’t even need to be said though
Background Pony #D2C4
So? If you invite someone in your house you are not free to tell them “avoid nazi shit” because “free speech”? these people are free to go somewhere else, but if they scream for their right in my house to wear nazi shirts, and i’m forced to let them do it, they have actually forced something to someone else. They are the authoritarian one.
This whole debate started because they caved in to “mob mentality” of the media in a peer pressured article, even though said article ignored their answers and was a hit piece from the get go. They CAVED to a loud minority to change the rules when literaly no noise was made before this. And you know it.

And so? I don’t see an actual reply to my point. The owner of the house is also free to change their mind on the subjects whenever he wants. If he at first lets nazi shit to stay, but then he changes his mind, he is free to do that.  
Also many of the artist of the “anti-nazi” party packed their things and left off, they didn’t forced their opinion on the whole site. I’ve seen the “anti-nazi” party after teaspoons changed his mind again, to defend the owner of the site decision. I se no impositions from their side.  
In the matter of “mob mentality”, yeah both sides were culprit. BOTH sides. So the “”“pro-free speech””” side owns a free pass on this thing? a Mob forced their opinions in someone else house. This is authoritarian not libertarian. Stop circling around that, please.

@Background Pony #3D53  
@Background Pony #D2C4
Triple posting is very poor etiquette, If you reply to 3 different things before your post edit your last post to do it . I do “scholarize” you about this. It’s old basic forum stuff.
But I’m going to stop responding to you because you’re deliberately being belligerent to deviate from the topic of the thread and this is tiring.

press f5 before editing next, people may have aready replied to you. So yes, you are not the one who can scholarize people on the subject. That is bad “”“forum etiquette too”””
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

So the “”“pro-free speech””” side owns a free pass on this thing?

The general gist of the ongoing debates is that one group wishes to not censor art while other side wants to censor art and REFUSE to use filters.  
There is no symmetry here.  
The true colors of the “””“free speech”””” side are clear now.

I am not representative of pro-freedom group so stop antagonizing me.  
Partisan ones. The generic alt-right points.

I AM NOT WESTERNER, HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO SAY THIS! I AM NOT AUT-RIGHT!  
MUH FREE SPEECH i have the right to insult people you don’t have the right to feel offended?

There is a difference between “you offend me and here is why:” and “you offend me so you need to be censored”.  
Free speech absolutism is only an excuse to avoid the “your freedom ends when someone else freedom starts” principle. Is authoritarianism in disguise.

The only “authoritarian” element here is “one group has no right to censor other, no matter how offended they are”.  
@Frosku  
Brexit also happened due to INCREDIBLE amount of bureaucracy, brussel-centrism of many lawmakers and complete disjoinment between high ranking officials and general population (kind of how staff od derpibooru are so separated form users).  
@NamelessNP  
OH COME ON!  
Saying that is like saying “do not listen to this person, he is black”.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
@Background Pony #D2C4  
Considering said “house” only works because of the contributions of the people using said house, then said “house” shouldn’t go screwing the people using it without their input.

Protesting is much better than attacking the sites Patreon or trying to get the ISP to take the site down. cough.

And honestly, I was much more fine with the pro-free speech because it didn’t really involve people faking ignorance and then tossing the entire site under the bus of being “pro-Nazi” and supporting fascism.
Frosku
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
And so? I don’t see an actual reply to my point. The owner of the house is also free to change their mind on the subjects whenever he wants. If he at first lets nazi shit to stay, but then he changes his mind, he is free to do that.

Legally yes, but when you advertize your house as an archive, i.e. a safe place to store things for the long term, there are at the very least serious issues of trust if you go and throw things people have stored expecting them to be kept safe on your bonfire.

Also many of the artist of the “anti-nazi” party packed their things and left off, they didn’t forced their opinion on the whole site. I’ve seen the “anti-nazi” party after teaspoons changed his mind again, to defend the owner of the site decision. I se no impositions from their side.
In the matter of “mob mentality”, yeah both sides were culprit. BOTH sides. So the “”“pro-free speech””” side owns a free pass on this thing? a Mob forced their opinions in someone else house. This is authoritarian not libertarian. Stop circling around that, please.

The people who live in the neighborhood are not a ‘mob’ in the way that a group that lives in the city down the road are a mob. We, the active userbase of Derpibooru, have a vested interest in the site that people just coming over from Twitter to cause a riot over Aryanne do.

There’s a reason most of the pro-censorship squad are using background pony accounts and most of the anti-censorship squad have 2+ year veteran accounts.
Background Pony #B69E
@Frosku

Hey.

Hey.

I know you missed it in the kerfuffle, but I asked you a question on the previous page.

A.) Why’d you spell racist as “rayciss,” man? What’s the significance of that? Sounds like an interesting story, I’d love to hear it. :^)

B.) I explained why at least some of the pro-Brexit crowd were using racism to push the movement, so I’m curious about your thoughts on them.
Frosku
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@Background Pony #B69E  
A) For the same reason SJWs write “free speech” as “freeze peach”, to mock people I don’t agree with because their first answer to everything is “that’s racist” or “omg hate speech”. Calling people names and implying they’re racist is a pathetic way to avoid meaningful discussion.

B) I didn’t see that in the actual campaign. I’m not in favor of pushing racist rhetoric, but given that I’ve been told repeatedly by the left that you can’t be racist against white people, and the vast majority of EU citizens are white, surely by that logic it would be impossible for Brexit to be racist?
Background Pony #B69E
@Frosku

Hm.

Okay.

Forgive me for being apprehensive. I thought it might have been an attempt to mock AAVE, a dialect that some (but certainly not all) black people speak which is sometimes exaggerated and made fun of by… well, the kinds of folks who dislike black people.

I’ll believe your explanation that that wasn’t your intent; I just wanted to be completely truthful as to what I was worried about when I asked that question.
Background Pony #B69E
@Frosku

You know, I don’t understand the fixation on colored hair.

Hair dye is just a popular trend with young people in general, irrespective of politics. I myself don’t do it but I feel like it’s hardly only popular with people on the left. Plenty of conservatives and centrists go for that sort of punky look too.

I dunno. I just feel like this sort of thing reduces an entire side to a monolithic abstraction. It’d be like characterizing conservatives as all being dumb hillbillies missing half their teeth or something, which I also think is an unfair characterization.

I’m not trying to scold you or anything, definitely not the intent with my tone. I’m just kinda… trying to see past the ways people on either side stereotypes the other, and in some ways uses those stereotypes to justify tuning out even the possibility that they might have some legitimate points at times, that’s all.
Barhandar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Frosku  
Note that I’ve not seen any SJWs write “free speech” as “freeze peach” so far, though I’ve seen allegiation that has happened before; however, one of the intents is the same, to mock people who call people (and arguments) names to avoid engaging with them.  
Another intent is to commit a punnery and have fun with it, implying free speech by analogy, hence pictures of frozen peach and oc:freezy peach. This is pretty close to Chinese’s “river crab” and “aquatic produce”.
Frosku
Artist -

Vox Exercitus
@Background Pony #B69E  
Honestly I don’t disagree with you, we would do a lot better as a people if we were willing to stop and consider other peoples’ points of view and individual characteristics rather than lumping everyone in with a monolithic group. Mockery can be funny in getting a point across or playing to your own base, but it’s not constructive for engaging with people.

@Barhandar  
I’ve seen “freeze peach” at least 3x so far in these threads.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #B69E  
You can blame tumblr on that.  
The most ridiculous “trigger warning” people had awatars with strongly colored hair. (as well as pictures of themselves with said hair)  
Then people mocking them noticed that this exist outside of tumblr and LOTS of young folks with wierd hair espouse simmilar talking points, so the whole “neon hair = aposematism” stuck.  
EVERYTHING tumblr touched turned to shit.  
@Barhandar  
Note that I’ve not seen any SJWs write “free speech” as “freeze peach” so far,

I did on tumblr long time ago during “free speech is hate speech” topic.  
This is pretty close to Chinese’s “river crab” and “aquatic produce”.

Oi, be careful! Or you (credit) score on this site will be too low!
Barhandar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
You know, I don’t understand the fixation on colored hair.
A lot of aggressive, vitriolic and hateful people have aggressively bright hairdye (mostly “feminists”), often with side-shave and lots of piercings (SJWs/“antifa”) to the point it has become a stereotype. The “fixation” is used to refer to said stereotype in short; I still think it’s wrong because it’s specifically aggressively bright and ill-fitting colors that these people use, not just any colored hair.  
It really doesn’t help opposition to said stereotype that one of #1 Derpi slanderers in the current debacle matches it to a T.

uses those stereotypes to justify tuning out even the possibility that they might have some legitimate points at times, that’s all
While it’s a cognitive bias and thus erroneous, it still is useful: in that you don’t see how someone looks like on the Internet, and if they personally insist on showing and look like that, it’s much, MUCH more likely that they match the rest of the stereotype as well.

@Frosku  
Mockery can be funny in getting a point across or playing to your own base, but it’s not constructive for engaging with people.
Also this. If someone is mocked, it generally means the mocker no longer regards the mockee’s opinions.
Background Pony #639C
I totally support free speech, even for groups I don’t like and especially for groups no one likes.
Frosku
Artist -

Vox Exercitus
@Background Pony #639C  
You’ve got it right. Free speech is for that speech which we find most abhorrent and distasteful, we don’t need to believe in free speech to agree for the right of individuals to say things we agree with or find tolerable, we need to believe in free speech especially to defend the rights of the most marginalized and offensive speakers to be aired.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide