Report site bugs here

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #EC2  
Actually I just was unable to access the server myself. There’s a big slowdown in the internet aggregation point between me and the site, so … yeah. Lots of transients and localized slowdowns. You’re not crazy, the internet is just experimenting with the differences between its theoretical and actual limits.
Background Pony #3472
I am having an error here, I think for myself.  
I cannot login with my account because the site tells me “Invalid Credentials, Try Again”.

I had this problem first when I couldnt login when I use the “saved mail option instead of writing everything”. Instead, I had to write all my mail to enter.

Now I cannot login even when I rewrite all my mail again.

• E-123
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Hey, i’v encountered an issue with uploading recently, but IDK if it’s an issue on Derpi’s end or on DA’s end.

But the issue I’ve gotten, is that if I try to upload certain pics from DA to here by copy and pasting the URL (Seems to be affecting anything that’s bigger then 1000 x 1000 resolution), then the quality of the original image goes down, and in some cases the file even gets changed from a PNG to a JPEG file. Only way to fix this is to actually download the image and then post.

Anyone else have this problem uploading stuff from DA?
Background Pony #8E63
Has anyone else have problems with the reverse search? Specifically, as of late it seems it doesn’t catch pictures which have been scaled down by DeviantArt. For instance, when I was uploading >>2217159  

I added the following url to reverse search:  
https://www.deviantart.com/peachesandcreamated/art/Birthday-Giggles-647376764  
It gave the following results: >>1782122, >>1897859  

As of this post, after uploading, it still gives the 2 results, instead of the one I just uploaded, nor the dupe that was replaced with a lower res (>>1309665 (merged)). Did something happened with DeviantArt that messes up the pic enough to be considered different?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

I don’t trust Reverse Image search anymore, it’s too prone to getting confused by DA and Tumblr’s constant image processing fuckery; I search for artist and subject tags instead. Twitter sources seem to be the only ones that don’t change often enough to confound the algorithms.
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Go fsck yourself
@Wiimeiser  
It’s not your paranoia. It’s their undocumented fuckery, almost always.

To quote myself, from a month ago:  
@Background Pony #6055
It’s whack-a-mole with dA. They change something just enough to break things for other sites, and then don’t seem to care to bother telling anyone, nevermind actually write what they changed to their changelog that hasn’t been updated since December 23, 2015. Moderate to capricious stability from anything that depends on dA is about all one can expect.
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@Bravewind  
Using the site itself, you’ll never see the underlying issues.

Most of “our problems with dA,” i.e. from Derpibooru’s perspective, have to do with them changing the way external sites (like Derpibooru) get data from theirs.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Bravewind
Using the site itself, you’ll never see the underlying issues.
Most of “our problems with dA,” i.e. from Derpibooru’s perspective, have to do with them changing the way external sites (like Derpibooru) get data from theirs.

@Bravewind  
Literally this. The site’s API hasn’t had any improvements made on its terrible design in years, and they’ve actively made it harder to get data from their site by way of automated means.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Bravewind  
Okay, so let’s say I wanted to write a discord bot that finds the sources of images posted in chat (hee), I would have my bot look at the URLs first and try to get data from the servers it points to. This would mean getting the highest res image I could, the description, the title, the details of the artist, tags (and rating), etc.

DeviantArt used to store the UUID of a post in the page so that when a program opens the page, it could get that data direct from DeviantArt’s API (it needs the UUID to find things). They redid their whole site and left that value out now.

So now, to get all the data I want from a page, I have to do what’s known as scraping, where a program looks through the site by the structure of it, and picks out the bits it needs. This basically means every time the site updates something on their page, that breaks.

The alternative is to grab the user’s name, then use the API to browse their gallery (24 images per request) until you find the right image. This is terrible.

Derpibooru? I can grab the ID number from the URL easily and simply toss that at the API and get the data. Same for e621, fimfiction, and InkBunny.

This is not about making a huge API that does all the things. It’s about making simple things that just work.

/rant off
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

If I believed for even one tenth of a femtosecond that DA was doing it to confound flaming shitwagon sites like Pinterest, I could almost see a justification for it, but Occam is standing right behind me screaming “THEY’RE A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT GRABASSES!” in my ear.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Bravewind  
@Damaged  
Just as a clarification of what a website API is, it’s a manner of fetching structured data which is easy for a computer to read. Normally websites are created with HTML, which is what’s being used to show you the page you’re looking at. But APIs frequently use XML or JSON, which are strongly structured and readable much more easily by a computer.
Bravewind
Artist -

Requests Open!
Why are you wanting to create something to grab the source of a picture or whatnot that wasn’t on your site or holding in the first place though
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Bravewind  
Speaking as an artist, I like to be able to choose where I share my art. I choose to share it here. DA obfuscating their API to make it harder for me to leave them doesn’t make them the angel in this discussion.

This really has nothing to do with any bugs on this site - if you want to discuss the morality of sites having or not having APIs or artists sharing their art where they choose, please make a new thread for it.
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@Bravewind  
Because that’s how the Internet works. Literally. The free exchange of information it allows is how you’re reading this thread, how you get Google results, and do countless other things on it.
Yoshimon1
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
I’ve been noticing stronger noise and artifacting on the smaller size versions and thumbnails of traditional art recently, mostly on art by artist:dilarus.

Compare these recent posts (grainy, some lines turn yellow, even up to large size)  
>>2223356s (deleted) >>2217093s (deleted) >>2214396s (deleted)  
to older ones from a few weeks ago (a bit blurry as expected from thumbnails, but still clean).  
>>2204429s (deleted) >>2195812s (deleted) >>2160536s (deleted)

Have there been any recent changes to image resizing and thumbnail generation or is there something the artist changed about their files that now doesn’t play nice anymore with the existing pipeline?
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Yoshimon1  
All of the new ones were uploaded with philomena. It’s possible ffmpeg isn’t doing as good of a job as imagemagick at downscaling these images.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide