Report site bugs here

Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Joey  
Also, I determined this because I tried sending an email to address registered on the account, and it bounced back as a SPF failure showing the email originated from an IP address that most definitely is not our email server. Some whois querying and MX/SPF checks later and I was able to figure out exactly what is going on.

It’s almost like I’ve been dealing with email server issues professionally for over a decade :P
Background Pony #9F1D
@Joey

Well, that’s something. So far I never had the end reject anything.  
I just tested, I can send myself an email just fine.  
Is that some implementation detail on derpibooru’s mail server?
Perplexiah
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

dumb artist the worst
may be intentional, but webms are no longer labeled as being webms in searches (as well as the thumbnail simply being a gif), i preferred being able to tell right away whether or not something was a gif or a video, especially if it has sound
Background Pony #9F1D
@Joey  
I have now turned of forwarding of derpibooru emails and thus was able to reset the password to the previous one, and that one is not working directly after changing it.  
I will now try another reset with a different and maybe easier one.
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Background Pony #C0DC  
It’s not our mail server, it’s our SPF record, which is:  
v=spf1 +mx -all

Which probably doesn’t really mean all that much to most people. So to break it down:

-> v=spf1 means “This is a version 1 SPF record”  
-> +mx means “The server(s) defined in our MX record are allowed to send email on behalf of this domain”  
-> -all means “Anything that does not match should be treated as a hard failure”

The last part is what’s getting you. Since we use “hard failure” on our SPF record, it basically means we are 100% confident that all legitimate emails from our domain will be defined by our SPF record, and everything that doesn’t match should be rejected.

A lot of sites use “~all”, or “soft failure” instead, meaning that if an email does not match the SPF record, it should still be accepted but marked as spam or otherwise flagged for additional scrutiny. The email address you used to send a test email probably uses a soft-fail SPF record instead of a hard-fail one like we do.

~all/soft-fail is more common than -all/hard-fail, as the latter can cause some delivery issues if you have a more complicated or regularly changing email infrastructure. Our infrastrcture is extremely simple and relatively static, so we use the hard-fail mode as it offers better security.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Background Pony #C0DC  
I just sent an email to the account’s registered address, and it didn’t get rejected on a SPF failure… So that’s a good sign!

Really, I just re-sent the email I sent earlier, and I don’t think it’s quite as applicable at this point… But if you get it, that’s still progress!
Background Pony #9F1D
I think I might have tried too often to reset now. I saw your message on the mail.  
I have not set up an real account, but am for getting this to work currently intercepting the normal forward behavior to put it in an inbox folder instead.  
Therefore if I should verify being that email being me for real, you can send me some random text I can reply here.  
Oh boy this is causing a lot of work.  
I realized my password is 128 characters long, did that maybe hit a limitation somewhere?
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@windsweeper  
Oh hey, you got in, nice!

Password length seems weird though. We’ve not had one implemented before, and limiting password length just doesn’t make any sense. I’ll have to defer to byte[] on that one, as he’s more familiar with our authentication system than I am (read: I know nothing about how it works).

@Joey  
So I have my own bug report now - deleting a post redirects to the first page of the thread, instead of the deleted post itself :P
windsweeper
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Artist -

lesbian 💖
@Joey

So that’s a bug indeed.  
Judging that my first password was 128 as well, that seems to be a problem in the login logic. Or a html maxlength. But looking at the html I think it’s the server side.

Also I’m like super curious now what you wrote in the first place, as you didn’t use the normal edit button.

Looking at the code really quick, apparently something named Pow.Plug does the login logic.  
Which I think defaults to a max of 4096, at least according to https://github.com/maartenvanvliet/pow/blob/bf5d34cd29191985bf06d60e8572d55a60661b66/lib/pow/ecto/schema/changeset.ex#L29 (https://github.com/danschultzer/pow/pull/269/)
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@windsweeper  
I just asked our lead dev - we definitely don’t have any password length restrictions in our code. And as best as I can tell, the authentication library we’re using either doesn’t have a cap, or it has a cap of 4096 characters… So I have no idea what was going on. It’s very possible it was a fluke, but this definitely sounds like some case where further testing would be required to determine if there is some cap limit.

My deleted post was just more troubleshooting steps, mostly asking if you were trying to login with the exact email address in the to: field
Background Pony #B1B7
The website keeps resetting like I would set the filter to everything but if I exit off it resets to the default filter and I mean Everytime I exit the page
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@windsweeper  
Don’t tempt me…..  
full

But no problem! Glad you got in your account, let us know if you need anything else!

(And seriously, you should probably review how your relay server is forwarding emails - I would bet that you’re not receiving emails from any site that uses hard-failure SPF)

@Background Pony #33AF  
Clear your cookies
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
“My Reports” page no longer shows the images, and hence does not allow seeing if the image still exists or has been delisted (but it does now show if it was deleted entirely); this also prevents seeing the image’s tags on mouseover. And yes, put the ban history back all the way down or add a setting that moves it up top for moderators only, it just wastes space for users (read: me) when on top.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Not sure what the logic for the gallery ordering is right now. For me it seems to be the reverse order of what it was before the Philomena switch but beyond that I can’t think of any real logic behind it. Also, it’s stopped changing the order whenever I update a gallery.
Background Pony #56D4
Is anyone else getting logged out after only being away from the computer for less than 15 minutes? Is this intentional?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide