Rule 0 General Thread

Iamunknown
"Fuck TSP" Tombstone - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! -

TSP = AFU
It’s difficult to have an actual conversation when mods seem to R’6 anything other than a vote on their poll when there are many other concerns users may have. full

This thread is a more general version of this thread created for the purpose of discussing things related to the poll, moderator / admin actions, questions about how the vote was conducted and other things being “deep 6’d” in the other thread.
Background Pony #CC83
How are we even supposed to discuss something in the middle of that? I saw legitimate posts and deconstructions of other legitimate posts get deleted. It feels like rule 0 and rule 6 are just excuses to silence unpopular opinions now.
Digiqrow
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

On Ponybooru
Staff is clearly not interested in what the community wants. It’s not a big surprise especially considering the bias of the posts that were removed by “rule 6”.

Riddle me this, how is staff intending on “making amends” if they are behaving so poorly?
GreyGears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Virtually real pony.
@Background Pony #82AB  
The entire premise of this month of shitshow is that the staff doesn’t care at all about what the community want.  
People have been complaining for years about the arbitrary nature of rule#0, and right now they are discussing how to best use it as their main acting tool.

Rule#0 should be deleted entirely, and an actual set of hard, clear and non-subject-to-personal-interpratation rules should be put in its place.
Background Pony #4EBB
A lot of red text means nothing, can the affected people recreate the posts?

@Background Pony #82AB  
A user poll is pointless for multiple reasons, the most glaring one being that absolutely no one would believe it wasn’t rigged somehow, regardless of what obstacles you put in place.

More censorship: “Twitter / mods brigaded it.”  
Less censorship: “4chan / mods brigaded it.”  
People have years old accounts they haven’t touched, or browse the site without an account, both of which would skew the results.  
The question itself would be under scrutiny, a hyperbolic example of a poor question would be “Do you want this to be a nazi site or do you want total censorship”  
Both sides would use it to confirm their own views regardless of what the results were, it’d just divide people further.
Iamunknown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -

TSP = AFU
@GreyGears  
Honestly I’d be down for replacing Rule 0 with a “no personal attacks” one, but the “Be excellent to each other” rule gives extreme latitude to mods that have shown time and again they prioritize their personal ideologies above the users and site health.

@Background Pony #82AB  
Just make the same poll for but for all users that registered earlier than 3 months ago.

Trying to set one up now, I’m not seeing any way to limit it to “accounts older than 3 months”. I think that’s important, as it prevents new sockpuppets and abuse. Would you happen to know if this is possible?
Frosku
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
How are we supposed to believe the new, even more convoluted, rule will be applied consistently when even obvious rules like rule 6 aren’t?
Iamunknown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -

TSP = AFU
A lot of red text means nothing, can the affected people recreate the posts?
@Background Pony #82AB
A user poll is pointless for multiple reasons, the most glaring one being that absolutely no one would believe it wasn’t rigged somehow, regardless of what obstacles you put in place.
More censorship: “Twitter / mods brigaded it.”
Less censorship: “4chan / mods brigaded it.”
People have years old accounts they haven’t touched, or browse the site without an account, both of which would skew the results.
The question itself would be under scrutiny, a hyperbolic example of a poor question would be “Do you want this to be a nazi site or do you want total censorship”
Both sides would use it to confirm their own views regardless of what the results were, it’d just divide people further.

We also don’t know if admins can manually edit poll results. I’d assume they can, whether they would or not… well that’s up to whatever you believe. Personally based on their past conduct, I’d fully believe that they’d take advantage of it.
Background Pony #0CC5
@Background Pony #CC83  
The rules in the previous thread for what was considered “on topic” were way to suffocating. All of this boils down to simply “does art on this particular website that references Nazis create more Nazis down the line?” And literally all of the evidence points to “No.” This is directly related to policy making because the whole point of the policy is to limit the creation of Nazis. If it doesn’t create Nazis (and isn’t illegal/a call to violence/etc), then it should be allowed. I have literally yet to see a single person become a Nazi because of art they saw on this website. This point is literally never addressed.

Arguing for “user comfort” is also pointless, because that changes from person to person. Some people don’t get offended at anything, some people get offend at everything. There have been people of multiple instances of people from various ethnic backgrounds (the ones these rules are supposed to “protect”) chiming in and saying that the “problematic” art does not offend them. But by and large, these viewpoints are ignored for those that are offended, for a reason I cannot discern other than mod bias.

I doubt this thread will last, because pic related shows someone on the mod team doesn’t like our “looking at art that references Nazis doesn’t make you support Nazis” opinions.  
full
Background Pony #CC83
@Frosku  
Problem: from the logs at 1:30pm on July 9th, Luna von Rainy:
if there is a poll i’d use a site poll because then i can take all the results and actually filter out users based on criteria
Background Pony #4EBB
@Background Pony #0CC5  
To be fair, the thread was about the policy and whether it was a good idea or not.  
The post on the left is talking about the policy.  
The post on the right is dissecting the other guys post and arguing it and not the policy.
Iamunknown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -

TSP = AFU
@Background Pony #CC83  
TLDR, they’d Derpstapo it such that only users that agreed with what they wanted would have their results counted. Even if the mods pushed back on that, there’s no guarantee that TSP doesn’t just come down with another ‘submit or I pull the plug’ ultimatum / tantrum.
Background Pony #4EBB
@Infrayellow  
@Background Pony #0CC5  
Never said i agreed with it, just that it’s the probable reason.  
It doesnt help that arguments about this have been done to absolute death across multiple threads.  
If it was me i’d have warned before locking the thread, specifically because it looks incredibly biased even if you’re being charitable.
Background Pony #6D26
@Rene_Z  
You forgot the message after that: 5:48pm on July 9th by WifiWitch  
I don’t want to ONCE AGAIN have to lie to everyone
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide