Rule #0 Policy Refinement Feedback Thread

Background Pony #85AC
I don’t care about ACAB, personally, even though I dislike it. I try to navigate within the context of the proposed rules, so imagery suggesting a call to violence and targeted content.

So it’s interesting that both of the images suggesting violence against or because of cops would survive. >>2385781 (deleted) was an edge case, at least, but >>2364231 was spared.  
Combined with the wootmaster ACAB picture being slated for removal, this reeks of tokenism.

Also, here’s a better look at the propaganda parody’s upside-down text:

full

I still don’t think I see anything that would violate part of rule #0 other than the excised propaganda ruling, but I provide this regardless for other interpretations and ease of access.

This is beginning to feel sketchy again.

It’s helpful at least to know where the edge cases are, but the polls definitely have provided less certainty than I had hoped for.

this is unfortunate to hear.

@Moonatik  
Sensible as always.

@Princess Luna  
I don’t really see how the AJ thing can be taken seriously; it’s brony artwork, so it’s against its own creation.

I don’t think you understand how Tumblr felt about bronies back in the day, then, if you say something like this. The original source was indeed Tumblr (what a shock), though it’s now down. But with a bit of searching, here is some bonus context. This artist (prikle) was certainly among the type of Tumblr users that were (possibly or possibly not, but in this case probably because they made this artwork) fans of MLP, but distanced themselves from the brony (i.e. adult male fans of G4 MLP) label, primarily to express vitriol about them.

@Princess Luna  
@Moonatik
As for the Aryanne thing, it seems to be saying it’s good to discriminate to be saying you should further a “master” race.

And as others have said, this is hilarious because zebra supremacy (not merely zebradom, zebra supremacy) exists.

As others have expressed, I really do not want most of this gone. But there is some weirdness that is starting to develop here, IMO.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #85AC  
Oh, I had missed those little bits there… I suppose this image is a case for why we shouldn’t be fast to judge things.  
Uncertainty isn’t great, but I think we’ll be better off by going through this.  
Good point on the AJ thing.  
There is definitely weirdness. Right now, I’m working on wording of the proposal to try to counteract some bias.

I would further like to note that it’s looking like the poll results can’t be relied upon for what to delete for anything under, perhaps, 70 or even 75%. Too much is in flux. Once we do have a finalized wording, it’s going to be a long process (possibly even a few weeks) to review old images and find agreement. We are also again considering having a dedicated role for arguing against any deletions, which would be given to non-admin staff and change who it is regularly; that will probably help prevent us from going crazy on deletions.
CHurricane
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Devil's Advocate
@Background Pony #85AC
Once we do have a finalized wording, it’s going to be a long process (possibly even a few weeks) to review old images and find agreement.

In case of deleting old(from before rule change) images it might be a good idea to also do it with input from comunity(there sholud not be so much of them ideally so it could work and if there were more of them you could try to deal with them few at a time) by for example publishing a list of images that are considered for deletion to the forums and leting regular users make arguments for and againtst deletion acording to (new?) Rules for like a week(i think its a decent amount of time) and then take this input and use it in internal debate about those pictures before deciding.

It would help put at ease people that will fear that you will quietly abuse your power and delete things from the past that you dont like( because ewerything will be posted beforehand on forums to all to see so there will be less room for abuse of power)
Angius

The Ponut Eater
@Princess Luna  
The idea of having a “devil’s advocate” of sorts doesn’t sound bad, until a moment when someone who believes every image with as little as the word “heck” should be removed.
Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
@Angius
Such a person would be there to impede deletions specifically.

Yeah, unless they didn’t want to.

To play the part of assigned devil’s advocate requires them to disregard bias and be impartial. And the results of the poll are not promising that they’re going to see things through an objective lens.
CHurricane

Devil's Advocate
@Princess Luna

Mayby then 2-3(i think 2days should be a minimum that allows people to join in on discussion) days of public consultation before moving to internal debate per group(lets say 10-30) of images and then next group and so on. It would allow to get through with consultation of all problematic images in like a month or two(i am guessing here)

But if you dont have some sort of time deadline over your head then taking things slower would in my opinion be good because it would allow users( and more importantly staff members) to take their time to familiarize with the matter and voice their opinion.

I am going to sleep now so i wont be able to answer any comments for next few hours so sorry for that
Lisboeta

@Princess Luna  
So far every WIP rule was met with broadly negative reaction, on the process you seem to have lost some supporters. People are also pointing out holes and inconsistencies with them. Where are you getting that deadline that prevents asking users besides a few people on forums?  
Same with the rules themselves - are you sure you would create better-than current rules with a 16 people focus group and so strapped for time? If not why are you so damn hurrying?
Background Pony #D05A
So lets say you created a poll and asked people to vote based on what they think should be banned ideally rather than what is currently banned under the current rule set. I don’t recall what staff post gave me that impression, but I am fairly sure something along those lines was said.

Ok, sure, that appears to make sense initially. You are, after all, trying to redefine the rules to be more “ideal.” Thing is, you’re now specifically asking people to go based off of gut feeling for the express purpose of making the rules match that aggregate gut feeling later. It seems apparent from the way you talk that staff is at least asked to match their vote to a rule as a loose justification, with the knowledge that the goal is to make that rule bend to accommodate their votes later.

There is a word for that unjustified gut feeling which uses a rule to sorta half-justify itself. The word is bias. You’re unknowingly creating a poll specifically designed to display staff bias so that you can later intentionally enshrine that input as rule. You’re codifying bias into your ruleset by taking your two most arbitrary and subjective rules and sewing your bias directly into them.

Whoops, guess applejack’s plantation was “intentionally antagonistic content” that was “abusive” in a manner “similar” to a “racial slur” and it definitely wasn’t a neutral depiction of a ponification of a slave plantation rendered in a pretty cartoon manner.

Meanwhile, some fucking how, the jo-jo reference animation that glorifies nazi imagery and weaponry like nothing I’ve ever seen gets to stay.

You start on principal and move on to rules and derive results from that. You don’t start from results and then derive rules and then make up principals.
Background Pony #97FF
Hey, if i would draw, this:  
full  
But instead of Tom, it is a Griffon, would this be ok?  
I am asking because it is something that Nazis actually forced jews to do.  
It is unbelievable, but it happened.  
full
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #EA07  
This makes no sense.

New wording proposal:
  • Do not post content whose only apparent purpose is inciting anger.
  • Do not harass others or try to incite violence against them. Harassment can include namecalling, slanderous speech, or other forms of abusive language.
  • Do not discriminate or advocate for discrimination on personal characteristics like ethno-cultural group, sex, or religion (such as using a mouthpiece to say racism is good).
Basically just puts things more like US law on incitement (likely and imminent), rather than vague stuff with violence is presented as good.

@Background Pony #D05A  
The plantation image we voted on was one where instead of slaves, she had a bunch of dead bodies with various labels indicating what they are as why they were killed…

@Background Pony #97FF  
If your art made it seem like a good thing, it would be a problem for Rule 0.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Changes announced