Rule #0 Policy Refinement Feedback Thread

Background Pony #15A4
@LightningBolt  
I’m talking about looking at their profiles in Google cache. You can see leonidas and niggo for ex never had them.  
Even though they were pretty open about their leanings and what they posted even in the irc way back.
Background Pony #7A3C
I checked out your internal poll results and nothing makes sense why something is or isn’t rule #0.
Filiecs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #B20D  
I agree that is a very good idea, but it needs to be done carefully.  
After the 2016 election the New York Times hired a moderate specifically to give more credence to conservative viewpoints. This was a good thing.

However many in the office hated her and created a hostile work environment for her, to the point where she was being harassed and it was ignored by leadership. Many in the company privately voiced that they shared her concerns about the company to her, but were too afraid to speak out. Just a few days ago, she resigned.

I think that such a person would be beneficial to Derpibooru, but they would need to takes steps to ensure that they avoid this same hostile work environment.
Background Pony #5C8B
Do not harass others or try to incite violence against them. Harassment can include namecalling, slanderous speech, or other forms of abusive language.

Does it mean that such arts would be forbidden: like a picture of one pony raping another and saying something insulting and namecalling in the process?

Yes, or no? Just making sure.

And if “No”, then please either explain in short, why “No”, or add to Rule 0 a clarification in parentheses that the line in question doesn’t forbid arts where fictional characters harass or insult each other, or incite violence against each other.

Then it would finally calm down all the people like @Background Pony #1A32 repeating the same things around this subject on this thread.
CHurricane

Devil's Advocate
@Background Pony #5C8B

I think this part is about real people or groups of people so for example you can not say/put in art something like:  
“Lets kill all the cops/nazis/comunists/jews/homosexuals”

Or

“(Certain twitter user) is a retatd”
Background Pony #5C8B
@CHurricane  
I do assume it’s only about real people, but I can also see that some people here see it differently, so for them it would be best to clarify that it doesn’t cover their fetish arts and role-play with namecalling.

To be fair, it doesn’t say explicitely that it’s only about real people.
Background Pony #5C8B
@Background Pony #1A32

@Background Pony #EA07

You know, I just got a thought about this part, at the very least:

Do not post content whose only apparent purpose is inciting anger

It says there “whose only apparent purpose”.

And it’s obvious that fetish pics, even if it’s rape or snuff, angry sex, etc.,  
have the main purpose of catering to fetishes of people, via using ficitonal characters and situations.

In other words, it’s not the only “apparent purpose” of such arts, thus they are fine under Rule 0.
Background Pony #74AE
@Princess Luna  
As others have said, from the latest poll it seems that the staff doesn’t really follow the proposed rules when voting. In addition, going by this:  
In case it wasn’t clear, the latest revision was to ease up on content advocating violence to pretty much only get rid of stuff that would be a legal problem image-wise.
, I’d say none of the images voted on so far meet the standard of imminent and likely, especially since they’re art, which has even more protection under the law than general speech. Going by that, I’d once again propose separate rule #0s for art and comments/posts.

I very much support the idea of a regularly randomly selected staff member assigned to defend art for deletion by all means possible. The concerns others have brought are valid, but having such a role would already be better than not having it, so please don’t feel discouraged to try.  
I also think it’d be a good idea to put art being reevaluated up for public discussion, since as you have noted yourself a few times in this thread, it’s easy to miss things about a picture that users might be able to point out.
CHurricane

Devil's Advocate
@Background Pony #5C8B

More clarification is always good

But potential problem with saying that fictional characters are ok to be abused or namecalled is that some people might use them as stand in for real people ( zebras for black people etc)

And if we say that its ok in fetishes then we have a problem with interpreting what is a fetish(which is a problem even in this discussion with aryanne and furthering the master race)  
Some( in my opinion sick) people for example might be turned on by holocaust(so its in theory their fetish)
Background Pony #74AE
I think this part is about real people or groups of people so for example you can not say/put in art something like:
“Lets kill all the cops/nazis/comunists/jews/homosexuals”

For these examples, the “imminent and likely” test from US law that Princess Luna referenced actually probably doesn’t catch them, as killing all is rather unlikely, a piece of art on some website is unlikely to be taken seriously, there is no violent mob just waiting for incitement that could immediately start killing, and the design of this website together with its filters makes it so the piece of art has to be consciously sought out, thus preventing imminent dispersion.
Background Pony #5A71
ALL DERPIMODS ARE BASTARDS

would be something that’s allowed, right?
Background Pony #5C8B
@Background Pony #5A71

Are you feeling okay?

You’re just annoying everyone here at this point with your nonsensical comments (obviously made under different “background ponies”).

Find something more productive or useful for society to do with your free time instead, please.
CHurricane

Devil's Advocate
Are you feeling okay?
You’re just annoying everyone here at this point with your nonsensical comments.
Find something more productive or useful for society to do with your free time instead, please.

This.

You are not helping with the discussion and you are making it harder to find constructive comments among few dozen deleted ones.

I know we all care about this website and are even emotional about it but spamming this discussion is not helping anyone.
Background Pony #5A71
@Background Pony #5C8B

@CHurricane

ok, then can you please explain to me how pointing out that Rule#0 applies to lots of rape and fetish stuff is offtopic or bait or not constructive? Because if you can’t, then tell the mods that they should stop deleting legit OnTopic comments, because doing that is not helping with the discussion.

That is everything this is about.  
As soon as mods stop deleting OnTopic discussions or at least explain their reasoning, you can discuss.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Changes announced