Site Asset Error

Site and Policy » Site Asset Error Search Posts
WolfRitter

For the past couple month or so when I try to come on here I get an error stating “You appear to be blocking site assets. If you’re using a tool like NoScript, please disable it or allow derpicdn.net for the site to work properly.”

Now I don’t have NoScript, I tried turning AdBlocker off and seeing if that would work but no dice. The issue seems to be limited to Firefox as when I use IE it works as well as can be expected from IE. Anyone know what my problem is?
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
Very odd. If you look in your browser error console do you see anything?

The message basically appears if we can’t initialize the jQuery javascript library. This is a very well-supported library (used on literally millions of websites including something like 70% of the top 10,000 sites on the internet) so it’s almost certainly a local issue within Firefox/your extensions.
WolfRitter

It’s saying:

derpicdn.net:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:  
www.derpiboo.ru , derpiboo.ru , cdn.derpiboo.ru , assets.derpiboo.ru , trixie.derpiboo.ru , spitfire.derpiboo.ru , cadance.derpiboo.ru , derpibooru.org , www.derpibooru.org , trixie.derpibooru.org , cadance.derpibooru.org , spitfire.derpibooru.org , cdn.derpibooru.org , assets.derpibooru.org , logs.derpiboo.ru , logs.derpibooru.org

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

No idea what this means.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Lord and Saviour
That’s very strange. The SSL certificate served by derpicdn.net has the following subjects:

DNS Name=www.derpicdn.net  
DNS Name=derpicdn.net

You appear to be getting served/using the derpiboo.ru SSL certificate, which is not the same as our CDN certificate. I suggest you check your Firefox profile and try clearing your cache.
WolfRitter

I just tried it, it worked and then when I logged back in I got the error again. I’m going to try logging back out and testing to see if it works again when I log.
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
Ah, logout is still broken - will get that sorted.

You’ll see it on login because you’re redirected to our SSL endpoint to encrypt your login details.

Can you open a command prompt and ping “derpicdn.net” and tell me what IP address it shows? If you go to https://derpicdn.net do you get the same error? Same in IE?
WolfRitter

Pinging derpicdn.net [37.59.21.137] with 32 bytes of data:  
Reply from 37.59.21.137: bytes=32 time=142ms TTL=46  
Reply from 37.59.21.137: bytes=32 time=148ms TTL=46  
Reply from 37.59.21.137: bytes=32 time=142ms TTL=46  
Reply from 37.59.21.137: bytes=32 time=144ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 37.59.21.137:  
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),  
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:  
Minimum = 142ms, Maximum = 148ms, Average = 144ms

Is what I got. Going directly to derpicdn.net got me an untrusted warning and when I added an exception I got:

Error 403 Forbidden, static assets only

Forbidden, static assets only  
Twilight’s Meditation:

XID: 2375720425

Varnish cache server
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
Okay, I’m guessing at some point you got an old SSL cert stuck in FF, but going to the domain got it to look again and it sorted itself out. Glad to see it’s fixed!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide