Viewing last 25 versions of post by WingbeatPony in topic Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"[@DarthBarf":](/meta/site-development-notification-and-feedback-thread/post/3661048#post_3661048
)  
I look at it this way. From a design and UX perspective, every thing I can see that's changed in the current layout, my response has been "maybe it would be better if we tried X" and it turns out that X is how it looked before the update. It's not just a case of familiarity or status quo, it really is overall a better design.

But I don't think that should preclude all of the planned changes, either. Adding artist credit (to the old design) wouldn't detract from it, and we've already thought through what to do in the case of multiple or zero artists, and even if all the image has is an editor tag. Making the view buttons less redundant through the use of a user setting is a good idea, too; so far anyone I've talked to has one type they prefer and stick to, but they don't all prefer the same type. And, of course, anything going on under the hood to streamline the code is a good thing.

Even reducing the visibility of uploader badges is something worth trying once we go back to the drawing board.

So my wholehearted recommendation is, if forward is the only direction to go, to make the layout behave like the old layout as exactly as possible with whatever CSS improvements reduce spaghetti code, and then move forward with the twohree good changes since they really are what should have been done in the first place to solve the issues we were having.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"@DarthBarf":/meta/site-development-notification-and-feedback-thread/post/3661048#post_3661048
I look at it this way. From a design and UX perspective, every thing I can see that's changed in the current layout, my response has been "maybe it would be better if we tried X" and it turns out that X is how it looked before the update. It's not just a case of familiarity or status quo, it really is overall a better design.

But I don't think that should preclude all of the planned changes, either. Adding artist credit (to the old design) wouldn't detract from it, and we've already thought through what to do in the case of multiple or zero artists, and even if all the image has is an editor tag. Making the view buttons less redundant through the use of a user setting is a good idea, too; so far anyone I've talked to has one type they prefer and stick to, but they don't all prefer the same type. And, of course, anything going on under the hood to streamline the code is a good thing.

So my wholehearted recommendation is, if forward is the only direction to go, to make the layout behave like the old layout as exactly as possible with whatever CSS improvements reduce spaghetti code, and then move forward with the two good changes since they really are what should have been done in the first place to solve the issues we were having.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony