Viewing last 25 versions of post by WingbeatPony in topic Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
In further defense of the user link button, I don't think consistency for consistency's sake is all that valid an argument here, considering that the way to access and edit other things in the profile sidebar - clicking the title of the section - isn't all that obvious. I mean, just look at the "About Me" section. Anywhere else on the site there is user-editable content, there is a button either labeled "edit," or the pencil icon signifying the same.

If it were up to me, I'd do away with the title link in both the user links and about me section. The first hwas been made redundant by the (much more intuitive and purposeful) button, the second would perhaps be better served by a pencil-icon edit button either in the title bar or in the text itself, whatever we decide on for image descriptions.

Though if we really want to be consistent, I'd copy the style guide from other sections on that page, and put a link after the plaintext title, the way Recent Comments has a "View all" link. So, for user links, perhaps an "Add link" link, and for About Me, an "Edit" link.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
In further defense of the user link button, I don't think consistency for consistency's sake is all that valid an argument here, considering that the way to access and edit other things in the profile sidebar - clicking the title of the section - isn't all that obvious. I mean, just look at the "About Me" section. Anywhere else on the site there is user-editable content, there is a button either labeled "edit," or the pencil icon signifying the same.

If it were up to me, I'd do away with the title link in both the user links and about me section. The first has been made redundant by the (much more intuitive and purposeful) button, the second would perhaps be better served by a pencil-icon edit button either in the title bar or in the text itself, whatever we decide on for image descriptions.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony