Viewing last 25 versions of post by WingbeatPony in topic Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"[@Princess Luna":](/meta/site-development-notification-and-feedback-thread/post/3689926#post_3689926
)  
Hey, that's a real step in the right direction!

Though I think the others in this thread have noticed that one existing problem has been made worse - the spacing. The content is still fixed-width, you've just stretched out the background. Again, this is a complete non-issue if the content flows according to the top-level alignment; there won't be awkward gaps or chasms between elements in the metabar, and the information would flow more naturally.

I get the impression that you're looking at the metabar as having six places to put information. Left, center, right, on two rows; as soon as the artist credit goes in the center bottom it'll look much better, and so on. I guarantee you that it will not. It cannot. Spacing things to the far left and right makes sense in the title bar, because you have two distinct sets of information sharing one line: Site navigation, and user-related items. There is no such division in the metabar, horizontally. The division was previously row-by-row: One row for buttons, statistics, and so forth, the other for information that would never change.

In your effort to make things fit, please consider for a moment why the metabar used to have two different colors for each row, and why that made a difference. Then adjust your strategy of making things fit with that two-group categorization in mind.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"@Princess Luna":/meta/site-development-notification-and-feedback-thread/post/3689926#post_3689926
Hey, that's a real step in the right direction!

Though I think the others in this thread have noticed that one existing problem has been made worse - the spacing. Again, this is a complete non-issue if the content flows according to the top-level alignment; there won't be awkward gaps or chasms between elements in the metabar, and the information would flow more naturally.

I get the impression that you're looking at the metabar as having six places to put information. Left, center, right, on two rows; as soon as the artist credit goes in the center bottom it'll look much better, and so on. I guarantee you that it will not. It cannot. Spacing things to the far left and right makes sense in the title bar, because you have two distinct sets of information sharing one line: Site navigation, and user-related items. There is no such division in the metabar, horizontally. The division was previously row-by-row: One row for buttons, statistics, and so forth, the other for information that would never change.

In your effort to make things fit, please consider for a moment why the metabar used to have two different colors for each row, and why that made a difference. Then adjust your strategy of making things fit with that two-group categorization in mind.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony