Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
@Princess Luna  
Imo there shouldn’t be a “middle column.” This isn’t information that needs columnar layout. You can do all of the things you’re talking about in those screenshots (and I approve of the changes you made since your last screenshot), but nothing you just mentioned would be detracted by a full-width metabar, or letting the contents align according to the overall page style.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Tag-Bot
@Princess Luna  
I still strongly disagree with not displaying Uploader badges. Considering some of the badges are specifically for uploading images. And it also takes away from strong uploaders who don’t make art themselves.

Also: Can we have the metabar go all the way across? It looks just clunky and odd going part-way while next to the full width Site bars.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@WingbeatPony  
The really stupidly annoying thing is that CSS can’t do that, we’d probably need JS but then not everyone has JS…probably would end up putting together some utter ass solution in Ruby that Slim could use.
WingbeatPony

Tag horse
@Princess Luna  
I’m sure it’s not a unique problem to solve, like the fuzzy date thing. But again, when we get there, we’ll get there. For now, please just focus on the metabar and the recurring complaints.
CinnamonHeartXOXO
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m sorry but I’ll just be honest here… I really don’t like it. The red color just feels so off-putting to look at and especially when I’m trying to fave pictures. I also can’t tell when I click on an image how much faves it has and upvotes and down votes as well.
Dark
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

just Dark
@evan555alpha

So basically “don’t use the site for 2 days”? That’s not a solution. A solution would be having settings available again, so those of us who just want to get rid of it (be it for it’s annoyance or unfunnyness) to be able to do so. Those who like it can keep it.
Dark
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

just Dark
Still a shitty thing to force it on people that doesn’t celebrates april’s fools or however it’s called, nor people who just want to browse normally the site.

Just saying “It’ll likely be gone in <48 hours, once all timezones have moved on to April 2nd” sounds like being told “come back in two days”.
WingbeatPony

Tag horse
@Dark  
There are plenty of other sites that do silly things like this that have no opt-out. It’s just a theme. It’s not like browser ponies killing your CPU or upside-down images.
Dark
Non-Fungible Trixie -

just Dark
@WingbeatPony  
That other sites may make it doesn’t makes it good.

Alas, we celebrate a lot of things here that people from USA don’t care about. Why should I and others care? Why should we have it shoved up onto our faces?
Dark
Non-Fungible Trixie -

just Dark
@Dark
Also, you do realize that Derpibooru is not an American owned or operated site?

No idea, my url is .org, doesn’t gives too much info, y’know.

@NamelessNP  
That’s the price we pay for using the internet. You will see things you may not celebrate or agree with

I’m just confused at someone thinking “this is totally funny!” and others in site’s management agreeing.

I wonder, again, was it that hard to allow people to browse normally and not partake in that excuse of a joke?
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(twi|pony)booru.org
This is the best thing because it was clearly made before the metabar changes, and as such metabar actually works properly, with full width (and full tag width) and separate download buttons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide